When Rift is in, orientation UDP commands don't come through  

Share your tips, tricks or get help with using GoPro VR Player!
no avatar
leonerd

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

When Rift is in, orientation UDP commands don't come through

by leonerd » Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:37 pm

Hi all,

I'm using a Max/MSP patch as a master to send UDP commands to GoPro VR Player 2.1 in slave mode, for opening a 360 picture and choosing an orientation. It all works fine except when the Oculus Rift is plugged in (which is the purpose of this exercise). When the Rift is plugged in, GoPro VR ignores the yaw, pitch, roll instructions..
I need this feature because I need the image to load at a specific angle when the Rift is oriented in a certain direction.

I tried all the 'absolute' / 'offset' / etc. angle settings I could.

Is this normal, am I not supposed to be able to impose an angle when opening the picture when the Rift is the display? Or is there a way around it?

Thanks for your help,
L.

lmartin
Kolor Team

Liked in: 7 posts
Info

Re: When Rift is in, orientation UDP commands don't come thr

by lmartin » Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:16 am

Hi,

Since a HMD is plugged, only the HMD orientation is used no matter what the values are in UDP.
One thing you can do in the slave with the HMD is to shift the camera yaw with keyboard arrows or mouse dragging.
But I think this is something we could manage with the option "offset" in the slave.
We have to think about it, I add this feature request to our backlog, but I cannot tell you when this should be done.