Panotour Viewer stopped working in VR mode on Samsung S6  

Have a problem using Panotour Viewer? Have you encountered a bug that needs fixing? Please post it here.
Des difficultés à utiliser Panotour Viewer ? Avez-vous découvert un bug qui doit être fixé? Postez les ici.
no avatar
justinmih

Topic author
Liked in: 3 posts
Info

Panotour Viewer stopped working in VR mode on Samsung S6

by justinmih » Sat Dec 09, 2017 3:34 am

I am trying to view a tour on Panotour Viewer on a Samsung S6 Edge mobile in VR mode but the gyroscope doesn't work. I have a number of tours on this phone which have worked for several months and after loading on an additional tour today it no longer works. The only possible cause i can think of is that i updated to the latest android version earlier today before loading on this tour.

Is anyone aware of an issue with this latest Android update or is there anything else you can suggest i check to try and fix this? I am aware that the phone needs to allow the auto rotation of the screen for this to work and i have checked that this is set correctly. I have also checked the sensor settings on *#0*# and everything is working fine on the phone but yet it no longer works in panotour viewer.

Can anyone help understand what's going wrong and how to fix this?

Thanks
Justin

SmileyJo5 likes this post.

no avatar
SmileyJo5

Liked in: 1 post
Info

Re: Panotour Viewer stopped working in VR mode on Samsung S6

by SmileyJo5 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 5:49 pm

Hi Justin

I'm trying this feature out for the first time and having some difficulty. My Galaxy S7 recently updated. It recognises that I'm putting it in VR mode and tries but doesn't move. I guess that's the gyroscope?! I also have my phone set to autorotate on.

Looking forward to a response. I've been mucking about with this for ages.

Thanks,

Jo

Annis
Kolor Team

Liked in: 443 posts
Info

by Annis » Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:48 am

Try not using Panotour Viewer and viewing the tour online properly, does the tour work then?

no avatar
justinmih

Topic author
Liked in: 3 posts
Info

by justinmih » Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:15 pm

Hi Jo & Annis

Yes this is the same problem that i am experiencing. It did work the last time i tried it and have used panotour viewer when off line at a couple of events and it worked perfectly and then since the latest update for android it doesn't work now (i'm assuming its the android update as that is the only change i have done recently on my phone).

Annis - I've just tried it and it does work but i have tried it on another Samsung s6 phone and it also works in PTV viewer as well. So unless they are both running different android versions i'm not sure why one phone would work and the other not. Can you think of anything to check on the phone?

Kind Regards
Justin