Panotour Viewer won't load tour  

Have a problem using Panotour Viewer? Have you encountered a bug that needs fixing? Please post it here.
Des difficultés à utiliser Panotour Viewer ? Avez-vous découvert un bug qui doit être fixé? Postez les ici.
no avatar
Farkinell

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

Panotour Viewer won't load tour

by Farkinell » Wed Feb 08, 2017 7:20 pm

Hi - I'm creating a tour using Panotour Pro. If I make a tour with just one panorama in it, Panotour Viewer works just fine. However, I'm creating a tour that currently has about 18 panoramas in it so far (it will have about 35 when I'm finished), plus a half a dozen groups of groups and it works just fine from within Panotour Pro. However, if I export it to a PTV file, the viewer says it can't load the file. This is really important to me as the Main reason I chose Panotour Pro was so my clients could display the tours off-line. Please can you help. I'm using 2.5.5 and Sierra on my Mac.

Thanks
Steve

Annis
Kolor Team

Liked in: 444 posts
Info

Re: Panotour Viewer won't load tour

by Annis » Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:26 am

Panotour Viewer is only a very limited testing tool, and not intended for commercial use.
Large tours have difficulty displaying in PTV format.

Panotour Pro creates virtual tours (web pages) that are intended for online use.
To display a tour offline properly, you need to use a webserver, try using the KrPano Testing Server.

no avatar
Farkinell

Topic author
Info

by Farkinell » Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:54 am

Thank you for your reply regarding Panotour Viewer. In which you say...

"Panotour Viewer is only a very limited testing tool, and not intended for commercial use.
Large tours have difficulty displaying in PTV format.

Panotour Pro creates virtual tours (web pages) that are intended for online use."

This is COMPLETELY misrepresented on your web site both in the Panotour specifications page (See screen grab) and also on the Panotour Viewer Page (as shown here: http://www.kolor.com/2014/07/28/panotou ... s-offline/) . Nowhere does it say that Panotour Viewer is 'for testing only' or that it can't run larger tours.

I bought Panotour Pro and Auto Pro SPECIFICALLY so that my client could have their tours shown off line whilst at exhibitions. Please can you advise how they can do this easily, as neither they or I are programmers and having looked at testing server, I haven't got a clue what to do with it. Thankyou.
Attachments
Fraud1.jpeg
Where does it say its's a testing tool only?

Annis
Kolor Team

Info

by Annis » Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:05 am

From Panotour Viewer's page on the website:
Kolor  Panotour Viewer Download - Google Chrome.jpg

And the same text on your screenshot :
file.php (3000×1180) - Google Chrome.jpg

The link in your post is a very old blog post from 2014, not current with the actual use of the software.

We use the KrPano Testing Server at exhibitions or at fairs, it's really easy to use and lightweight.
Just double click to open it, then drag and drop the html file of your tour onto that window and the tour will open in the webserver.

no avatar
Farkinell

Topic author
Info

by Farkinell » Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:16 am

Thanks - I've think I've worked out how to use it on a desktop machine not But what do I/they do if I want to show a tour on an iPad when there is no internet access as described here.... http://www.kolor.com/wiki-en/action/vie ... umentation

Annis
Kolor Team

Info

by Annis » Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:22 am

If you have a look at the troubleshooting part of that page, you will see that certain features are unsupported in PTV: http://www.kolor.com/wiki-en/action/vie ... _on_Mobile

On iPad if you want a fully functioning tour, it has to be online or embedded in an actual iPad app.
Otherwise, you could maybe try Goodreader which I've seen some users use.