Panotour Viewer Problem   [SOLVED] - View the solution

Have a problem using Panotour Viewer? Have you encountered a bug that needs fixing? Please post it here.
Des difficultés à utiliser Panotour Viewer ? Avez-vous découvert un bug qui doit être fixé? Postez les ici.
no avatar
Picturesman14

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

Re: Panotour Viewer Problem

by Picturesman14 » Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:03 pm

Hi Annis
I am now trying to use pictures taken with a Canon 17mm tilt shift lens in order to see if it deals with the distortion a little better. However I now have a problem when I open Autopano Pro and load 5 pictures to make a panorama. I click the 'Detect' button, which detects the 5 images, but on the right hand side of the screen it says only two pictures are detected to make the panorama. It will not make the panorama out of the 5 images. Can you advise how to correct this.

Annis
Kolor Team

Liked in: 444 posts
Info

by Annis » Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:38 pm

Shooting with a tilt shift lens will not change anything in the distortions of the viewer, which can only be reduced, not removed.

You should also be creating a new topic per issue (and software...), otherwise things become too confused for searching and indexing.

You can force all the photos to be used in the panorama from the group settings (http://www.kolor.com/wiki-en/action/vie ... p_Settings), however if they weren't included it means that Autopano had difficulty stitching them to the rest.

no avatar
Picturesman14

Topic author
Info

by Picturesman14 » Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:51 am

Hi Annis
I am now using a Canon 17mm - 40mm wide angle lens, opened up to 17mm. I have taken 6 pictures of this room, with significant overlaps. When I process the resulting panorama and view through Pano Viewer, it still does not match up the image in the corner of the room, see screen grab. Do I just need to shoot more pictures to make up the panorama ?. How do I make this work ?
Attachments
Screen Shot 2016-09-13 at 09.44.28.png

Annis
Kolor Team

Info

by Annis » Tue Sep 13, 2016 10:12 am

Shooting a panorama requires a specific technique and equipment, you need a pano-head, and to make sure you're shooting at the Non-Parallax Point (NPP or 'Nodal Point') to avoid stitching errors and ease the stitching, especially in interiors.

See here: http://www.kolor.com/wiki-en/action/vie ... tart_Guide

no avatar
Picturesman14

Topic author
Info

by Picturesman14 » Tue Sep 13, 2016 12:28 pm

Hi Annis
Thanks for that. As the Nodal Point is important to get the stitching correct, how would you deal with the problem of getting a complete 360 degree view. Once you have shot the panorama with a fish eye lens, you still need to get one shot looking straight up, and then another looking straight down at the ground. To get these shots you have to move the camera, so that will create a problem with getting the correct nodal point. How do you deal with this ?.

Annis
Kolor Team

Info

by Annis » Tue Sep 13, 2016 1:50 pm

Certain pano-heads are compatible with nadir adaptors (watch this video example: https://vimeo.com/65994333).
Also depending on the panohead and shooting pattern you can tilt the camera upwards for a certain number of shots and downwards for the same number of shots such as to cover more of the scene near the zenith and nadir.

You can also attempt it handheld, but it'll require some practice to get the positioning right, and perhaps a bit of editing during stitching (see this tutorial where it was shot with a pano head and the nadir photo manually: http://www.kolor.com/wiki-en/action/vie ... adir_photo )

If you have a look in our forum you'll find several past discussions on different camera/lenses couplings, shooting patterns and pano-heads.

viewforum.php?f=134
viewforum.php?f=16

no avatar
Picturesman14

Topic author
Info

by Picturesman14 » Mon Sep 26, 2016 3:37 pm

Hi Annis
Just on the downward nadir shot, you need to shoot a couple of pictures, moving the camera, so that you have all the visual information needed. When the picture is stitched you can erase the tripod from the image completely. PTGUI have software that allows you to erase the part of the image [ the tripod ] from the image you are processing. How does Autopano software allow you to do this ?.

Also a question about Control Points. With Autopano you can set the Detection level at High, and also set the number of Control Points up to 200. However Autopano still seems to have a problem with stitching some pictures together. Is there something I'm missing to deal with this ?.

no avatar
Picturesman14

Topic author
Info

by Picturesman14 » Wed Sep 28, 2016 9:51 am

Hi Annis
Just on the downward nadir shot, creating a 360 degree view, you have the problem of erasing the tripod from the image. You need to shoot a couple of pictures, moving the camera, so that you have two pictures taken from a slightly different perspective. When these pictures are stitched you can erase the tripod by merging these two pictures and using the software to erase the tripod. PTGUI have software that allows you to erase the part of the image [ the tripod ] from the image you are processing. How does Autopano software allow you to do this ?.

Also a question about Control Points. With Autopano you can set the Detection level at High, and also set the number of Control Points up to 200. However Autopano still seems to have a problem with stitching some pictures together. Do I need to match up the control points manually, or does Autopano only have an automatic option ?.

Annis
Kolor Team

Info

by Annis » Wed Sep 28, 2016 4:05 pm

As I've said before, you need to create a new topic for new questions or issues.

If you're having issues stitching, post a new topic in the Autopano forum, share some screenshots or you photos and we'll have a look.
If you're having any issues with creating virtual tours, post a new topic in the Panotour forum, with screenshots and details on the issue(s).
And so on for any of our software. I will be locking this topic as the initial matter is resolved.

Previous