iPAD Panotour viewer   [SOLVED] - View the solution

Have a problem using Panotour Viewer? Have you encountered a bug that needs fixing? Please post it here.
Des difficultés à utiliser Panotour Viewer ? Avez-vous découvert un bug qui doit être fixé? Postez les ici.
no avatar
Mike Spence
New member
 
Topic author
Posts: 6
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:19 am
Location: UK
Info

iPAD Panotour viewer

by Mike Spence » Mon Aug 18, 2014 1:32 pm

I have uploaded a number of Panotour tours which all work well on PCs or MacBook viewers. However on the iPAD these tours all appear very poor resolution and results in me avoiding the use of these tours on iPADs when demonstrating these to potential clients (unless they are full 360 degree spherical images).

Why is this and is there a fix?

thanks

Mike

no avatar
mediavets
Moderator
 
Posts: 16413
Likes: 2 posts
Liked in: 130 posts
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2007 2:12 pm
Location: Isleham, Cambridgeshire, UK.
Info

Re: iPAD Panotour viewer

by mediavets » Mon Aug 18, 2014 1:52 pm

Mike Spence wrote:I have uploaded a number of Panotour tours which all work well on PCs or MacBook viewers. However on the iPAD these tours all appear very poor resolution and results in me avoiding the use of these tours on iPADs when demonstrating these to potential clients (unless they are full 360 degree spherical images).

Why is this and is there a fix?

thanks

Mike

It believe it's because multi-res on HTML5 is only supported for full spherical panos.

AFAIK there is no 'fix'.

See: http://www.autopano.net/wiki-en/action/ ... player_.3F

User avatar
AlexandreJ
Kolor Team
 
Posts: 5988
Likes: 7 posts
Liked in: 10 posts
Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2005 4:56 pm
Location: Francin, France
Info

Re: iPAD Panotour viewer

by AlexandreJ » Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:19 pm

There is a trick in panotour that allows to export all tiles for mobile too, but that means that you can pan and see black zone in case of partial panorama. I don't know the trick, but Gerald does. Need to wait for him to finish his holidays.

User avatar
bdd
Kolor Team
 
Posts: 2394
Likes: 11 posts
Liked in: 94 posts
Joined: Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:05 pm
Info

Re: iPAD Panotour viewer  [SOLVED]

by bdd » Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:56 pm

As Alexandre said, there is a trick that allow PTP to export partial panoramas as if they were full spherical ones.

That means that many many extra black tiles will be generated.
So the generated tour can be a heavy one.

Once the tour is built you cannot delete all the black tiles, because some of them are loaded even if they are not displayed.

Here is the trick :

On Windows :
1 - Close PTP
2 - Open the registry (with the command line regedit)
3 - Find "Panotour Pro 2.5" under HKEY_USERS/[...]/Software/Kolor
4 - Then open the "application" subdirectory
5 - There find the "internal" parameter. Its value is 0x00000000
6 - Change the value to 0x00000001
7 - Start PTP

On MacOS :
1 - Close PTP
2 - In the Finder open the "Goto" menu
3 - Press "Alt" key, a new menu will appear : "Library"
4 - Click on this menu
5 - Step into the "Preferences" sub directory
6 - Find the files "com.kolor.panotour.*"
7 - Open the files with a plist editor like XCode
8 - Modify the value of "internal" parameter. Set it to "1"
9 - Start PTP

Gérald

Edit (26/09/2017): Updated information for changed registry key name and location.

no avatar
mediavets
Moderator
 
Posts: 16413
Likes: 2 posts
Liked in: 130 posts
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2007 2:12 pm
Location: Isleham, Cambridgeshire, UK.
Info

Re: iPAD Panotour viewer

by mediavets » Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:05 pm

bdd wrote:As Alexandre said, there is a trick that allow PTP to export partial panoramas as if they were full spherical ones.

That means that many many extra black tiles will be generated.
So the generated tour can be a heavy one.

Once the tour is built you cannot delete all the black tiles, because some of them are loaded even if they are not displayed.

Here is the trick :

On Windows :
1 - Close PTP
2 - Open the registry (with the command line regedit)
3 - Find "Panotour Pro 2.5" under HKEY_USERS/[...]/Software/Kolor
4 - Then open the "application" subdirectory
5 - There find the "internal" parameter. Its value is 0x00000000
6 - Change the value to 0x00000001
7 - Start PTP

On MacOS :
1 - Close PTP
2 - In the Finder open the "Goto" menu
3 - Press "Alt" key, a new menu will appear : "Library"
4 - Click on this menu
5 - Step into the "Preferences" sub directory
6 - Find the files "com.kolor.panotour.*"
7 - Open the files with a plist editor like XCode
8 - Modify the value of "internal" parameter. Set it to "1"
9 - Start PTP

Gérald


And what is the result/benefit of this 'trick'?

User avatar
bdd
Kolor Team
 
Posts: 2394
Likes: 11 posts
Liked in: 94 posts
Joined: Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:05 pm
Info

Re: iPAD Panotour viewer

by bdd » Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:20 pm

mediavets wrote:And what is the result/benefit of this 'trick'?


To have multiresoltuion on partial panoramas on tablets and phones.

Gérald

no avatar
mediavets
Moderator
 
Posts: 16413
Likes: 2 posts
Liked in: 130 posts
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2007 2:12 pm
Location: Isleham, Cambridgeshire, UK.
Info

Re: iPAD Panotour viewer

by mediavets » Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:53 pm

bdd wrote:
mediavets wrote:And what is the result/benefit of this 'trick'?


To have multiresoltuion on partial panoramas on tablets and phones.

Gérald


I am confused now.

Does the reg. edit of the 'forcefull' parameter that you propose mean one no longer has to render the partiial pano as a full 360x180 and suffer the overhead of all those redundant black tiles?

User avatar
bdd
Kolor Team
 
Posts: 2394
Likes: 11 posts
Liked in: 94 posts
Joined: Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:05 pm
Info

Re: iPAD Panotour viewer

by bdd » Mon Aug 25, 2014 3:00 pm

mediavets wrote:
bdd wrote:
mediavets wrote:And what is the result/benefit of this 'trick'?


To have multiresoltuion on partial panoramas on tablets and phones.

Gérald


I am confused now.

Does the reg. edit of the 'forcefull' parameter that you propose mean one no longer has to render the partiial pano as a full 360x180 and suffer the overhead of all those redundant black tiles?


If you set the forcefull parameter to 1, PTP will generate extra tiles for partial panoramas, and they will be considered as full spherical ones in the player.
But they will be cropped.
So on tablets or phones, you will have the benefits of multiresolution, that is currently supported only on full spherical panoramas, but many unnecessary black files which basically comes down to the same as force rendering your panorama as 360x180°, resulting in much larger tours.

Gérald

no avatar
Mike Spence
New member
 
Topic author
Posts: 6
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:19 am
Location: UK
Info

Re: iPAD Panotour viewer

by Mike Spence » Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:25 pm

So does this mean that creating a (non spherical) hi res cylindrical panorama for use on an iPAD is not going to work without a black background? Or is what you are suggesting that they will be cropped but the images will be prohibitively large file sizes?

thanks

Mike

no avatar
mediavets
Moderator
 
Posts: 16413
Likes: 2 posts
Liked in: 130 posts
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2007 2:12 pm
Location: Isleham, Cambridgeshire, UK.
Info

Re: iPAD Panotour viewer

by mediavets » Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:17 pm

Mike Spence wrote:So does this mean that creating a (non spherical) hi res cylindrical panorama for use on an iPAD is not going to work without a black background? Or is what you are suggesting that they will be cropped but the images will be prohibitively large file sizes?

thanks

Mike


I believe he means the latter.

no avatar
Panogold
Member
 
Posts: 75
Likes: 1 post
Liked in: 1 post
Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2014 1:02 pm
Info

Re: iPAD Panotour viewer

by Panogold » Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:25 pm

Hi Mike

please have a look at this http://panogold.de/311/

"Tour-1" is limited and has no zoom. It works fine on a iPad.

"Tour-2" is zoomable and works in multiresolution on PC and Safari, but not on iPad!
When you zoom "Tour-2" on an iPad you get a horrible pixeled picture.

Martin

User avatar
benji33
Kolor Team
 
Posts: 5456
Likes: 59 posts
Liked in: 167 posts
Joined: Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:59 am
Location: France
Info

Re: iPAD Panotour viewer

by benji33 » Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:53 am

Do you use this trick ? http://www.kolor.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=97&t=23360#p147679
It seems it's not the case.

Because partial panorama are only displayed in Mono-resolution on iPad by default.
So if you zoom on a mono-resolution panorama, the image resolution doesn't change and it's blurry.


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest