Call buttone for PTP 2  

no avatar
Aaron Eriksson

Call buttone for PTP 2

by Aaron Eriksson » Sat Jun 21, 2014 2:13 pm

I would like to insert a call now button. Just like we set into websites for smartphone devices where when clicked it will initiate a call to the desired phone number. Anyone able to do that?

Destiny

Re: Call buttone for PTP 2

by Destiny » Sat Jun 21, 2014 11:55 pm

Hi..

Good idea...

I tested a few options to get the button to action within a Tour but.. :rolleyes:

You can use these in a html page:

<a href="tel:0400-1234-5678"></a>

<a href="tel:[0400-1234-5678]"><span class="bottom"></a>

...but I added an id to try to trigger a CallToAction JS function on a hotspot but it doesn't work...

<action name="onclickspotpoint11">js(onClick=callToAction(callme));

<a href="tel:0400-1234-5678"><a id="callme"></a>

<a href="tel:[0400-1234-5678]"><span class="bottom"></span><a id="callme"></a>

... and

<a id="callme" a href="tel:0400-1234-5678"></a>

Even if nothing worked, it should still open a box asking what application to use..

You are only going to be able to do this using a device with phone options.. Not sure if you can do it using a Mac or PC with some kind of software to act like a telephone..

You might have to wait until Monday for Gerald the guru on all this coding stuff... I just blindly fiddly until stuff works.. :lol:

There is a new Plugin 'PanoTag' but that just a social media thing.. It would have been handy for that to have this feature.. Perhaps ask for it as a Feature Request.. emmm Just another one to fall into the dark void of lost suggestions... Never to see the light of day... :rolleyes:

Destiny..

Destiny

by Destiny » Sun Jun 22, 2014 1:21 am

I added a <a href="tel:PHONE NUMBER"></a> to a web page then added a Website Box linked to it..

It opens the Box and the link then opens up my Phone App on my Samsung Note.. Its not the best option, but it works.. No idea on how to make it auto dial..

http://www.destinyvirtualtours.com/PTPV ... allMe.html

Destiny...

no avatar
Aaron Eriksson

by Aaron Eriksson » Sun Jun 22, 2014 2:01 pm

Wow D. Thanks. How here is the question. How do I put that or better where do I specifically put that into the tour? I am not a coder. Is it code that can be copied and pasted?

Destiny

by Destiny » Sun Jun 22, 2014 10:25 pm

Well, using a hotpot you can add that into any Pano within the Tour.. But to use a Button you will have to make that Pano specific so you will need to copy the button code, and past it within the pano located in the main xml file.. Then remove it from the Tour in the Skin..

All you need to do is create a small web page as fancy or basic as you want.. Then in PTP add a Website Box.. Then add the Button or Hotspot linking it to the Website Box and then provide the url... phone-button.html etc.. In that page you just need to add the <a href="tel:PHONE NUMBER"></a> There might be a neat way of doing it.. When the user clicks on the link, it will automatically option their phone to dial.. I cannot work out how to auto dial.. Again their might be a way to do that..

What I did was just a mockup to test its function.. you could make the Website Box with no boarders, perhaps that might look good..

There might be a CallMe widget that could be added to a Tour...

Destiny..

Return to Utilisation Panotour / Panotour Pro