Panotour compass and radar cone  

This forum is fully dedicated to Panotour / Panotour Pro bug reports as well as feature discussion.
no avatar
Matthew Dobrski

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

Panotour compass and radar cone

by Matthew Dobrski » Fri Aug 24, 2018 7:34 am

Had them working properly once before, but not anymore. I mean, both compass plug-in and radar display on the map doesn't show correct panorama position when rotated. Recently I'm stitching my panos with TIFF images after batch processing original DNG files in Photoshop. Perhaps some relevant information for Panotour Pro is lost in conversion process?

no avatar
Matthew Dobrski

Topic author
Info

Re: Panotour compass and radar cone

by Matthew Dobrski » Fri Aug 24, 2018 8:02 am

Huh, problem partially solved ... I can set compass orientation manually in tour preview window. Now compass needle and radar cone on map point are displaying more or less correct panorama position. But how to determine exact North direction?

no avatar
Destiny

Liked in: 227 posts
Info

by Destiny » Fri Aug 24, 2018 8:29 am

Hi.. Basically you need to know where North is in relation to your pano.. Then use the tool indicated here to move your pano to point to North, and move the slider accordingly.. Its a really cool feature..

Attachments
North-1.jpg

no avatar
Matthew Dobrski

Topic author
Info

by Matthew Dobrski » Fri Aug 24, 2018 9:01 am

Thank you. Yes, I figured this already. I was under impression that Autopano is embedding compass data somehow into stitched image, but apparently I'm wrong. I don't even know if a single RAW image contains such information. The method you described does the job, but is approximate. One must set the compass by hit and miss approach, comparing the results with map radar display and assumed panorama position. I can live with that ...

no avatar
Destiny

Liked in: 227 posts
Info

by Destiny » Fri Aug 24, 2018 9:17 am

I think there is an option to retain some kind of data for this but you are better off using TIFs anyway, where no data data would be retained....