Help! Fatal Error - xml parsing failed?  

This forum is fully dedicated to Panotour / Panotour Pro bug reports as well as feature discussion.
no avatar
THINKTANK86

Topic author
Liked in: 1 post
Info

Help! Fatal Error - xml parsing failed?

by THINKTANK86 » Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:23 pm

Hi, I have been working on my tour for several weeks, I have only been using the editor so no writing code etc..) and I went to build for the seventh time today and i get that error! the screen is black and Projectname.xml - xml parsing failed!

Running version 2.5.12. It's been working fine for several builds as I say all day, i've tried removing all build files and rebuilding entire thing again, I've cleared cache and history in my browser. I've removed all the new additional tour styling i had done since my last build and still get the error. what has happened?! My deadline is friday and I need it working by then, re creating this project from scratch is NOT an option!!! :/

Dragging xml file onto browser gives me this report:-

This page contains the following errors:
error on line 225 at column 12: Attribute linktarget redefined
Below is a rendering of the page up to the first error.
if (s !== null, if (startscene === null OR startscene === "undefined", set(startscene, get(s));); ); if (startscene === null OR startscene === "undefined", set(startscene, pano175); ); if(startlanguage !== null AND startlanguage !== "undefined", set(tour_language, get(startlanguage)); ); if(starttime !== null AND starttime !== "undefined" AND starttime GT 0, set(videoscenestarttime, get(starttime)); , set(videoscenestarttime, 0); ); mainloadsceneStartup(get(startscene)); if (h !== null, if (v !== null, if (f !== null, lookat(get(h), get(v), get(f)); , lookat(get(h), get(v)); ); , if (f !== null, lookat(get(h), get(view.vlookat), get(f)); , lookat(get(h), get(view.vlookat)); ); ); , if (v !== null, if (f !== null, lookat(get(view.hlookat), get(v), get(f)); , lookat(get(view.hlookat), get(v)); ); , if (f !== null, lookat(get(view.hlookat), get(view.vlookat), get(f)); ); ); ); mainloadscene(pano176);lookat(get(panoview.h), get(panoview.v), get(panoview.fov)); mainloadscene(pano177);lookat(get(panoview.h), get(panoview.v), get(panoview.fov)); mainloadscene(pano178);lookat(get(panoview.h), get(panoview.v), get(panoview.fov));

bdd
Kolor Team

Liked in: 130 posts
Info

Re: Help! Fatal Error - xml parsing failed?

by bdd » Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:54 am

Can you send us the XML file ?

Gérald

bdd
Kolor Team

Info

by bdd » Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:00 am

It seems that you have 2 load actions on a spot style.

It's "allowed" but it will not work .

Remove one of the actions.

And the XML parsing will not fail anymore.

Or edit the XML file, find each occurences of "linktarget", and each time you'll see 2 "linktarget" on same object, remove the second one.

Gérald

no avatar
THINKTANK86

Topic author
Liked in: 1 post
Info

by THINKTANK86 » Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:06 am

It was because of an action not being removed thank you - however should this not be fixed in program not to happen, if an action is missing it's components then maybe it should not be built?

thanks agian
A

bdd
Kolor Team

Info

by bdd » Wed Jul 25, 2018 1:41 pm

THINKTANK86 wrote:It was because of an action not being removed thank you - however should this not be fixed in program not to happen, if an action is missing it's components then maybe it should not be built?

thanks agian
A

Of course it has to be fixed.
It will be in next release of Panotour.

Gérald