Build Tab unresponsive  

This forum is fully dedicated to Panotour / Panotour Pro bug reports as well as feature discussion.
no avatar
Strider

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

Build Tab unresponsive

by Strider » Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:40 pm

Windows 10 did some kind of update. I don't know if this was the root cause but it was on the same day.

The Build Tab is now unresponsive, sort of... If you click on things, one change occurs but after that the GUI stops responding. If I switch to another tab (e.g. Style), then return to the Build tab, I get another shot to change something. The dropdown comboboxes allow input without freezing, however, everything else such as scrolling the mini-window and expanding a sub-section freeze until you change tabs and return. This just started happening today and ONLY on the Build tab.

bdd
Kolor Team

Liked in: 130 posts
Info

Re: Build Tab unresponsive

by bdd » Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:36 pm

Is this happening whatever the opened project ?
If you open Panotour and go directly in the Build tab, without opening any project do you have this unresponsive effect too ?

If it happens only on a specific project, how big it is ?
Is the Summary displayed correctly ?

Gérald

no avatar
Strider

Topic author
Info

by Strider » Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:58 pm

bdd wrote:Is this happening whatever the opened project ?
If you open Panotour and go directly in the Build tab, without opening any project do you have this unresponsive effect too ?

If it happens only on a specific project, how big it is ?
Is the Summary displayed correctly ?

Gérald

It happens in every situation:
- With an existing project of any size.
- Starting PanoTour then simply selecting New Blank Project.
- Starting PanoTour then clicking on Build tab (nothing else is done, not even initiate new project).

All other tabs function normally. GUI elements appear to freeze only on the Build tab.

bdd
Kolor Team

Liked in: 130 posts
Info

by bdd » Fri Jun 29, 2018 9:53 am

Some other questions just to understand correctly.

1/ Once you click on the Build tab, is it only the content of the Build tab that is unresponsive, or all the Panotour GUI ?
Are you able to go back to other tab ?

2/ I understand too that you are not even able to enter a file name or to change the path of the tour. Am I right ?

3/ If you add a scene in an empty project, and then go to the Build tab, do you see a valid summary of the project, it means project with one scene ?
Is the summary correctly filled even if the tab is unresponsive ?

no avatar
Strider

Topic author
Info

by Strider » Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:52 pm

bdd wrote:Some other questions just to understand correctly.

1/ Once you click on the Build tab, is it only the content of the Build tab that is unresponsive, or all the Panotour GUI ?
Are you able to go back to other tab ?

2/ I understand too that you are not even able to enter a file name or to change the path of the tour. Am I right ?

3/ If you add a scene in an empty project, and then go to the Build tab, do you see a valid summary of the project, it means project with one scene ?
Is the summary correctly filled even if the tab is unresponsive ?

1. Once I click on the Build tab, only the contents of the build tab become unresponsive. HOWEVER, some elements such as pulldown comboboxes do function. Text boxes and expandable sections allow data entry/clicks but they do not redraw themselves to reflect the input. For example, if I click on the path/filename text boxes, there is no blinking cursor and when I type into the box, it doesn't echo the results. However, if I click on another tab, then go back to the Build tab, the text entry I made is now reflected. The same is true of clicking on a section to expand it. It's not the entire Panotour GUI, just the build tab. Yes, I can back to any other tab at any other time. The GUI is fully functional under every other tab.

2. I am however the inputs are not echoed. Please see #1.

3. I will check when I get home. I am only going on memory... it does appear to populate the items but I haven't checked the validity of the totals.

no avatar
peo

Info

by peo » Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:55 am

I have same problem. Build tab unresponsive, but only "Protection, FTP, Panotour Viewer, Advance" part. I have problem when scaling Panotour window too - Blury UI. I change default GPU from nvidia to integreted (nvidia control panel) and all is OK.

My config: Win10 - 3 monitors with diferent dpi setting, Lenovo T540 with nvidia and integrated graphic card.