OpenStreetMaps map not displaying   [SOLVED] - View the solution

This forum is fully dedicated to Panotour / Panotour Pro bug reports as well as feature discussion.
no avatar
Strider

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

OpenStreetMaps map not displaying

by Strider » Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:37 pm

I have a tour that I added a PanoTour map using Open Street Maps. Unfortunately nothing comes up except a white placeholder. When I checked the settings, there is no API key to fill in like there is for Google or Bing maps. It's also accompanied by "Connection timeout while making map API call. Try to reload the page." What can I do to make it display? or is OpenStreetMaps dead to PanoTour now?
Attachments
openstreetmaps.png

bdd
Kolor Team

Liked in: 130 posts
Info

Re: OpenStreetMaps map not displaying

by bdd » Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:01 am

Are you behing a proxy ?
Do you have this error on an online tour or only locally using the internal webserver of Panotour ?

Can you share an URL of your tour, if it is online ?

I just checked tours with OpenStreetMaps and they work correctly.

Gérald

no avatar
Strider

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

Re: OpenStreetMaps map not displaying  [SOLVED]

by Strider » Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:38 pm

bdd wrote:Are you behing a proxy ?
Do you have this error on an online tour or only locally using the internal webserver of Panotour ?

Can you share an URL of your tour, if it is online ?

I just checked tours with OpenStreetMaps and they work correctly.

Gérald

I think it might be working now! For some reason when I put it on the server (this time), it works. Last time it was on the server it didn't work. I'll experiment some more to see if this was indeed the cause. The last time, the map didn't display at all.

Edit: I thought this was related to executing the HTML file locally as opposed to serving it off HTTP(S) but it's not. OpenStreetMaps now works even locally. It's odd... it appears to have been related to something in the project itself.