Compass heading not kept when moving  

This forum is fully dedicated to Panotour / Panotour Pro bug reports as well as feature discussion.
no avatar
vaccinemedia

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

Compass heading not kept when moving

by vaccinemedia » Wed May 09, 2018 10:49 pm

I think I have set up my tour correctly in a bar in Manchester but please let me know if I am doing anything wrong. I have taken about 17 panoramas (360x180) although the camera was not pointing in the same direction on every shot. I would like to keep the user pointing in the same direction when walking from scene to scene. I have set the default view in Panotour pro for all of the shots to be pointing in line with the bar. I have also set the compass for all shots on Panotour pro to be at 0 degrees.

When walking from scene 1-2-3-4 which are all in a straight line, the user is looking right by 90 degrees on scene 4. I have added the compass widget to the top left of my tour for debugging purposes. I cannot tell why when pointing north on scene 3 and clicking in the middle hotspot would the user then be pointing more than 90 degrees (almost pointing backwards) to the right on scene 4? Or even be pointing at anything apart from 0 degrees at all?

bdd
Kolor Team

Liked in: 130 posts
Info

Re: Compass heading not kept when moving

by bdd » Wed May 16, 2018 12:54 pm

Did you orientate the scenes with the compass inside Panotour ?

Gérald