Gyroscope trouble (After updating to 2.5.11 & Chrome 66)  

This forum is fully dedicated to Panotour / Panotour Pro bug reports as well as feature discussion.
no avatar
shashank491

Topic author
Liked in: 1 post
Info

Gyroscope trouble (After updating to 2.5.11 & Chrome 66)

by shashank491 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:41 am

Hi,

For me the gyroscope (and hence WebVR mode) is still not working when a Virtual Tour is embedded using an iFrame (Same domain OR cross domain), the icons are greyed out. I have tested on android with Chrome 66 and on iPad with Chrome 65.

After going through the forum, i have updated to panotour 2.5.11 and rebuilt the tour but that does not solve the issue for me. I am sharing the links to the virtual tour below:

https://visualise.space/gallery/

There are multiple virtual tours on the page which come up using iframe lightobox on click. The same method used to work perfectly for me before chrome 65 bug came up. The First Tour with the Rolls Royce Image has been built with Panotour 2.5.11 while other virtual tour have been built with other previous versions. Any help would be highly appreciated. Am i doing something wrong here or the bug has not been solved with chrome 66 as well ?

Thanks

no avatar
shashank491

Topic author
Info

Re: Gyroscope trouble (After updating to 2.5.11 & Chrome 66)

by shashank491 » Tue May 01, 2018 4:02 am

Is anyone from Kolor even monitoring this and the forums? Any help would be highly appreciated!

no avatar
benji33
Kolor Team

Liked in: 199 posts
Info

by benji33 » Wed May 02, 2018 10:01 am

Cannot access to your tour for security reasons.
Does the iframe has the allowfullscreen mandatory attribute for VR?
Benjamin

no avatar
shashank491

Topic author
Info

by shashank491 » Wed May 02, 2018 10:24 am

Not sure about the reason for security concerns but may be you can check it an alternate URL where it is embedded directly (Not using a popup or Lightbox)?

https://visualise.space/temp/

I am using the following code, the allowfullscreen is set to true. Fullscreen option is working fine but the gyroscope and VR option are greyed out.

<iframe width="100%" height="520" src="https://viz360vr-assets.visualise.space/BBT/RR_Phantom_C9JxWdPf0P3KBHzz2l19/2009-Rolls-Royce-Phantom-Coupe-%28Black%29.html" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen="true"></iframe>

no avatar
benji33
Kolor Team

Info

by benji33 » Wed May 02, 2018 10:37 am

Sorry your domain is parked on our proxy/firewall so I'll try to reproduce it on my side.
Benjamin

no avatar
shashank491

Topic author
Info

by shashank491 » Wed May 02, 2018 10:43 am

Okay. Please do let me know what you find out or if you need any other information from my end. Thanks

no avatar
shashank491

Topic author
Info

by shashank491 » Mon May 07, 2018 10:46 am

Any updates about this issue ?

no avatar
ArtHodorev

Liked in: 0 post
Info

by ArtHodorev » Tue May 08, 2018 11:00 am

benji33 wrote:Sorry your domain is parked on our proxy/firewall so I'll try to reproduce it on my side.

Good day. I have this problem too. When i use virtual tour from <iframe>, VR-icon disappears from the screen 2 seconds after the page is loaded. If I manage to click on the VR-icon, I see the message "VR mode is unavailable on your device" on the screen. I testing this in Android 5.5 and Android 7 (Honor 9) in Chrome 66. Panovour 2.5.11. My iframe-code:
<iframe src="http://82.146.54.7/storage/misc/3dvr/mayak_3d_all/index.html" width="100%" height="100%" allowfullscreen="true"></iframe>

Can you help me solve this problem?

no avatar
shashank491

Topic author
Info

by shashank491 » Tue May 08, 2018 6:24 pm

Have not found a solution yet. It works on samsung internet & maybe firefox but not chrome.

This is a big hassle for me, rebuilding all the to tours to solve unstable gyro and then iframes still don't work (might as well need to rebuild all tours again with the next update). iFrame is the only way to use the tour on client's end so quite necessary also.

Hoping for a resolution soon!

sebastianez likes this post.

no avatar
sebastianez

Info

by sebastianez » Tue May 15, 2018 7:58 am

We are a visualization company based in Australia, we bought several Panotour licenses. We have done more than 40 pano projects using Panotour, and now we have problems in all of them because of this issue. Here are some of these projects
https://www.viz360.com/content/ .

We need a solution to fix these projects, Building again all of them is not an option. What happens if in the future we have 300 Tours?, and we got the same issue?, we will need to rebuild 300 projects again?. To be honest, that's ridiculous.

Please, let us know if you find any solution for this big issue. I'll be in contact with support.

My email is sebastian@viz360.com

Thanks,

no avatar
shashank491

Topic author
Info

by shashank491 » Tue May 15, 2018 8:16 am

Yeah, that is irritating as hell. Same problem here, need to rebuild more than a hundred tours going bonkers on gyro and with no WebVR or Gyro support on the end clients website.

Kolor also does not seem too bothered about it with delayed responses and no light being shed on when (IF at all) this will be fixed or not.

Hoping someone from Team Kolor bothers replying soon about this ridiculous situation, otherwise work for professionals like us will suffer more!

bdd
Kolor Team

Liked in: 129 posts
Info

by bdd » Wed May 16, 2018 2:40 pm

sebastianez wrote:We are a visualization company based in Australia, we bought several Panotour licenses. We have done more than 40 pano projects using Panotour, and now we have problems in all of them because of this issue. Here are some of these projects
https://www.viz360.com/content/ .

We need a solution to fix these projects, Building again all of them is not an option. What happens if in the future we have 300 Tours?, and we got the same issue?, we will need to rebuild 300 projects again?. To be honest, that's ridiculous.

Please, let us know if you find any solution for this big issue. I'll be in contact with support.

My email is sebastian@viz360.com

Thanks,

As already said, this major issue is due to change in Chrome management of the gyroscope.
As they change many API calls, the old version of the tour player and of the gyroscope plugin has to be updated according to their change.
The "safier and simplier" way is to rebuild your 40 projects, and to reupload all the changed files after the build.

You can try magic, like using the gyroscope plugin file of a newly built tour in old tours. But it won't work if you do not change the player too. And if you do that, you'll need to update all the plugins if you want them to work with the new player.
If you do this "by hand", you surely will have some bigger issues than the gyroscope, or you'll miss some plugins .

So yes, we agree, to re-build all your projects, is a heavy job, may be a long one, if you did not have the cache files anymore, but it is the safier way to do it.

Tours generated by PTP have to be compliant with all browsers versions. We try to re-act fast, if the changes are not predictable, or to prepare a version managing future changes if the changes are announced. But if the browsers teams do some terrible changes like this one in a new version, yes, "we and you" have a hard time .

Gérald

no avatar
ArtHodorev

Info

by ArtHodorev » Wed May 16, 2018 2:52 pm

bdd wrote:As already said, this major issue is due to change in Chrome management of the gyroscope.
As they change many API calls, the old version of the tour player and of the gyroscope plugin has to be updated according to their change.
The "safier and simplier" way is to rebuild your 40 projects, and to reupload all the changed files after the build.

You can try magic, like using the gyroscope plugin file of a newly built tour in old tours. But it won't work if you do not change the player too. And if you do that, you'll need to update all the plugins if you want them to work with the new player.
If you do this "by hand", you surely will have some bigger issues than the gyroscope, or you'll miss some plugins .

So yes, we agree, to re-build all your projects, is a heavy job, may be a long one, if you did not have the cache files anymore, but it is the safier way to do it.

Tours generated by PTP have to be compliant with all browsers versions. We try to re-act fast, if the changes are not predictable, or to prepare a version managing future changes if the changes are announced. But if the browsers teams do some terrible changes like this one in a new version, yes, "we and you" have a hard time .

Gérald

Hello. Are you deliberately ignoring the question of <iframe>? I would be very grateful if you could answer him too. Can you give any forecasts on its solution?

bdd
Kolor Team

Liked in: 129 posts
Info

by bdd » Wed May 16, 2018 3:01 pm

ArtHodorev wrote:Hello. Are you deliberately ignoring the question of <iframe>? I would be very grateful if you could answer him too. Can you give any forecasts on its solution?

I checked the given tours, with and without the iframe, they work badly in both cases when the tour is generated with previous versions of Panotour.
They work correctly with the new version.

But, what users of iframe have to know, is that the gyro will not work if the iframe embeds a tour that is not on the same domain as the main page. (By the way, it's not the case here : https://www.viz360.com/content/)

Gérald

no avatar
benji33
Kolor Team

Info

by benji33 » Wed May 16, 2018 4:23 pm

Here is the How To Update Tours : viewtopic.php?f=92&t=44016

It's a change of the Chrome devicemotion units from radians to degrees.
- Panotour Pro 2.5.11 correct it.
- Generated tours from 2.5.0 to 2.5.10 must be updated.
Benjamin

no avatar
shashank491

Topic author
Info

by shashank491 » Sat May 19, 2018 8:11 am

bdd wrote:
ArtHodorev wrote:Hello. Are you deliberately ignoring the question of <iframe>? I would be very grateful if you could answer him too. Can you give any forecasts on its solution?

I checked the given tours, with and without the iframe, they work badly in both cases when the tour is generated with previous versions of Panotour.
They work correctly with the new version.

But, what users of iframe have to know, is that the gyro will not work if the iframe embeds a tour that is not on the same domain as the main page. (By the way, it's not the case here : https://www.viz360.com/content/)

Gérald

Thanks for your clarification, I have one last query. Any way to make the Gyroscope & WebVR work for Cross-Domain iframes?
It is important for me because my tours are used by B2B Clients and hence need to be embedded on their websites (giving them tour files to host on thier own server is not an option for me). I believe that an iFrame is the recommended solution to do that but not having the Gyro and WebVR is a big concern.

So is their ANY way to make Gyro and WebVR work on cross-domain?

Hoping to hear back from you on this soon as one of my biggest clients is getting really restless about this.