PDF 3D import   [SOLVED] - View the solution

This forum is fully dedicated to Panotour / Panotour Pro bug reports as well as feature discussion.
no avatar
Archiflyer

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

PDF 3D import

by Archiflyer » Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:56 am

Hi everybody,
is there a way to import a pdf 3D created from a stereo-photogrammetry survey into Panotour PRO?

thanks
Archiflyer

Destiny

Liked in: 211 posts
Info

Re: PDF 3D import

by Destiny » Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:53 pm

Hi.. 3D PDFs area not supported.. As far as I know only the Adobe Acrobat PDF viewer can read a 3D PDF, and that needs to be downloaded and viewed locally..

Destiny...

no avatar
Archiflyer

Topic author
Info

by Archiflyer » Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:11 pm

Hi Destiny,
thanks for the answer/confirmation
of what I feared....
I hope KOLOR will think as soon to allow the 3D pdf model import...
my best regards

P.S Do you think there is an alternative solution to make this kind of files disposable inside a panotour?

Destiny

Liked in: 211 posts
Info

Re: PDF 3D import  [SOLVED]

by Destiny » Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:25 pm

Kolor would never be able to do it.. Its an Adobe Viewer..

The new JS-PDF viewer PTP uses, was made by the same development team who makes FireFox.. I was in direct contact with them soon after they developed JS-PDF a few years ago.. I was using JS-PDF inside a Kolor Tour long before it was added into PTP.. I asked that development team about the 3D PDF.. They said it would be hard since the drivers for is had been developed by Macromedia and Adobe bought all rights. Adobe however did sell the rights to develop the 3D PDF composer software to Tetra 4D, I think they are called.. But they have not done a great job of it..

Other options for interactive 3D would be WebGL.. You can put the HTML file into a WebSit Box.. 3D PDFs have so many more options but it will not open directly in a Tour.. The person viewing has to download it. You cannot even open it using a Web PDF viewer.. But I had read some new options coming out.. Not sure what that was..

Destiny...

no avatar
Archiflyer

Topic author
Info

by Archiflyer » Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:44 pm

Thanks,
I'll work on it Destiny,searching for the solution,
as my work consists in Cultural Heritage survey...and I think that the panotour is an interesting and charming way to link together many different survey products...let's see what I'll find.
Let's keep in touch.