Web Content Spot area jumps when navigating Pano Spheres  

This forum is fully dedicated to Panotour / Panotour Pro bug reports as well as feature discussion.
no avatar
step1

Topic author
Liked in: 1 post
Info

Web Content Spot area jumps when navigating Pano Spheres

by step1 » Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:09 am

Hello,

I am wondering if I have discovered a bug or not.

I have 2 (or more) Pano spheres that I can go back and forth between. In one of them (Pano sphere 1) I have a Web Content Point Spot setup which in turn has a URL assigned to an external file. That is, using the iframe feature. Like this one:
http://www.kolor.com/virtual-tours-file ... s=pano1113

1) So if the first I do, is to go to Pano sphere 1, and use the Web Content spot/area for different things, I get the following results:

a) Scrolling inside the Web Content (thus using the inserted iframe) = ok
b) clicking on something that goes to another anchor on the same webpage = ok
c) clicking on something that goes to another webpage = ok

Thus so far, so good.

2) But if I then go to Pano sphere 2 via a “normal” Point spot (that navigates to another Pano sphere via Zoom to Spot for example), and then come back to Pano sphere 1 (again via a Point spot), and again use the Web Content spot/area for different things, I then get the following results:

a) Scrolling inside the Web Content area (thus using the inserted iframe) = ok
b) clicking on something that goes to another anchor on the same webpage = the Web Content spot/area “jumps” up inside the Pano Sphere and moves away from its original location = Looks ugly and gives the user an unprofessional feeling. Especially if you “framed” the Web Content spot to something (like a TV screen) and having it jump outside it!
c) clicking on something that goes to another webpage = ok

If I refresh this Tour and start all over, it behaves according to point 1 = ok (until I perform point 2 when it does not work again)

And If I refresh the Tour and go to Pano 2 right away and back to Pano 1 (again via a Point spot), and use the Web Content Spot/area, it behaves according to point 2 = not working

If I navigate between the Pano spheres via the “Panorama Menu" plugin, that is, like having a “thumbnail” menu bar at the bottom or similar and going back and forth between Pano spheres via that metod, the above problem does not occur.

Thus, it seems like whenever going to another Pano sphere and coming back (via a “normal” Point spot like Zoom into Spot - that navigates to another Pano sphere) to the Pano sphere containing the Web Content Spot/area it does not work when using inline navigation like moving between sections of the iframe webpage. In other words, some sort of bug.

I have recreated this many times and started out fresh with a basic Tour, in order to ensure that there is nothing else in it.

Is this known, or a new discovery?

I am using PanoTour Pro version 2.5.8.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards

Lars

no avatar
step1

Topic author
Info

Re: Web Content Spot area jumps when navigating Pano Spheres

by step1 » Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:11 pm

Hello again,

I have discovered something more regarding this issue with “jumping” Web Content spot/areas. It seems like it even happens in Pano 1, if the Web Content spot/area is not completely in full view upon its initial view.

If the Web Content spot/area is partly in view and/or not at all in view upon appearing on screen the first time, the “jumping” occurs even in Pano 1. In other words, it is not needed to go back and forth to another Pano to have this behaviour occur.

So only, when the Web Content spot/area is fully shown completely in its initial view, does the inline linking work (without "jumping" from its original location). In other words, navigating inside the iframe between different sections on that webpage. Like moving up and down on that iframe webpage etc.

If that is set up for the initial Pano = that the Web Content spot/areas is fully shown initially = ok

When navigating between Panos via "normal” Point spot (like Zoom to Spot) and the initial view for the Web Content spot/areas is fully shown initially for the destination Pano = ok.

But as soon as I leave that Pano and goes to another and then back, and the Web Content spot/areas is not fully shown, the navigational error occurs again.

If this helps when error searching in code.

Best regards

Lars

Annis
Kolor Team

Liked in: 411 posts
Info

by Annis » Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:39 pm

Hello and welcome to the forum,

I see what you mean, thank you for such a detailed report.
I was able to sometimes reproduce the "jumping" in the example tour with the web content spot, when clicking on the link when the spot is almost off screen.
There hasn't been any similar report to my knowledge, so I will start one now.

Do you also get the behaviour in the latest version of PTP? That example tour was made with 2.5.0 and we're on 2.5.8 now.
I wasn't able to reproduce it with a test tour in 2.5.8, even when using the website shown in the test tour from the documentation. Do you have an online link using 2.5.8 that has this issue I can test?

no avatar
step1

Topic author
Info

by step1 » Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:53 pm

Hello again and thanks for your reply.

Much appreciated.

Yes, I am using version 2.5.8 of PTP.

I have now created two dummy projects, so you can see for yourself how these errors occurs and its behaviour. Each project has 2 Pano spheres.

Pano 1 has a Web Content spot/area using an iframe.
The iframe webpage is a copy of the Kolor sample file, but this time originating from my website. I am using it as an example, since it has all sorts of clickable local links (that navigates back and forth on the same webpage) but it could be any webpage.

Pano 2 has a Web Content spot/area using an iframe.
Again, the iframe webpage used here is a copy of the same Kolor sample file, also originating from my website.

Dummy project 1
a) Starts in Pano 1 where the Web Content spot/area is fully shown in its initial view. So you can pan around inside the Pano sphere 1, and the navigation for the Web Content spot/area always works.

b) If you go to Pano 2, navigation for the Web Content spot/area in Pano 2 always works, since its initial view is fully shown.

c) If I now go back to Pano 1, its NEW initial view for the Web Content spot/area after coming from Pano 2, is NOT fully shown, so if you pan to see the Web Content spot/area and then start using the local navigation it will not work. In other words, the Web Content spot/area “jumps” upwards.

If you now refresh the page for Pano 1, it will start to behave as for point a) above = it works fine, since its initial view is once again fully shown.
http://www.rank.se/panotour/dummy_proje ... ct_01.html

Dummy project 2
a) Starts in Pano 1 where the Web Content spot/area is NOT fully shown in its initial view. So you can pan around inside the Pano sphere 1, and the navigation for the Web Content spot/area will NOT work. In other words, the Web Content spot/area “jumps” upwards.

b) If you go to Pano 2, navigation for the Web Content spot/area in Pano 2 it will work, since its initial view is fully shown.

c) If I now go back to Pano 1, its NEW initial view for the Web Content spot/area after coming from Pano 2, IS fully shown, so if you pan to see the Web Content spot/area and then start using the navigation you will see that it will work.

If you now refresh the page for Pano 1, it will start to behave as for point 2a) above = it does NOT work, since its initial view is NOT fully shown.
http://www.rank.se/panotour/dummy_proje ... ct_02.html

I hope all the above helps in your error searching for finding out what to change in the code. Hopefully this can be fixed for your next release.

Best regards

Lars

Annis likes this post.