Using SharePoint to host web based tours? Any supportin info  

This forum is fully dedicated to Panotour / Panotour Pro bug reports as well as feature discussion.
no avatar
rollington

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

Using SharePoint to host web based tours? Any supportin info

by rollington » Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:45 am

Currently we are hosting tours for externals on a server however we are after a tighter security protocols with which our current method wont do the trick.

We are considering using SharePoint to host our tours as we already have tight security measures on here however i discovered that theres no active support from Kolor for the interactive diagrams. I have some queries regarding using javascript that renders the images and then embed this directly within sharepoint.

Is this possible? Is there any documentation showing us how we can do this please?
Many thanks,
Rollington

Annis
Kolor Team

Liked in: 444 posts
Info

Re: Using SharePoint to host web based tours? Any supportin

by Annis » Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:01 am

rollington wrote:We are considering using SharePoint to host our tours as we already have tight security measures on here
Sharepoint is a file sharing service, it is not hosting. Without a webserver it is unlikely that your tour will will work properly, if at all.

rollington wrote:however i discovered that theres no active support from Kolor for the interactive diagrams.
What?
What interactive diagrams?

no avatar
rollington

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

by rollington » Sat Mar 25, 2017 1:55 pm

I disagree with the “SharePoint is a file sharing service” point, it’s a web application sitting on IIS, so it can host pages.

I'd like to know the javascript snippets added to get the panoramic views so i can then add them to SharePoint?

bdd
Kolor Team

Liked in: 129 posts
Info

by bdd » Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:52 am

Have you tried uploading the tour ? Did you checked the "Protected Website" option in the Build tab ?
http://www.kolor.com/wiki-en/action/vie ... Protection

You should try it.

Gérald