PTV video loading failed  

This forum is fully dedicated to Panotour / Panotour Pro bug reports as well as feature discussion.
no avatar
hossam

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

PTV video loading failed

by hossam » Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:03 pm

every time when i use PTV file to display the tour on mobiles it doesn't load the video spot. and when i use spherical 360 video it lagg one time and not loading another time!

i want to know if there is any specifications encoding or recommended videos to the spot video and spherical video to the tour?
i've read all your documentation and fellow all your recommendation and still can't view the video without any errors appear!

please help ASAP

my references decometations:
http://www.kolor.com/wiki-en/action/view/Panotour_Viewer_Documentation#Compatibility_Issues_on_Mobile
http://www.kolor.com/wiki-en/action/vie ... _mobile.3F

Annis
Kolor Team

Liked in: 444 posts
Info

Re: PTV video loading failed

by Annis » Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:25 pm

Hello and welcome to the forum,

When using video scenes, make sure you specify alternative files: http://www.kolor.com/wiki-en/action/vie ... deo_Scenes

But in PTV , if you're viewing on iOS, videos scenes and video hotspots will both not work.

no avatar
hossam

Topic author
Info

by hossam » Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:30 pm

Yes it doesn't work on ios.. but for android is there any recommendations for the video specifications ?

Annis
Kolor Team

Info

by Annis » Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:36 am

Make sure you provide low resolution versions of your videos, in different formats.
There isn't much else to do.

no avatar
hossam

Topic author
Info

by hossam » Wed Feb 15, 2017 2:35 pm

this is really ain't helpful and so disapointed .. how this possible you don't know the minimum requirements of your software?? i asked about something so obvious "What specifically encoding or format do i use to display normally on android devices with PTV or hosted tour"
don't tell me (use low resolution in different formats) what is that meaning this not an answer!!!

please if you don't have the right answer please don't answer and make anyone else from technical support or whatever to answer me about this specific issue!

Annis
Kolor Team

Info

by Annis » Wed Feb 15, 2017 3:20 pm

I am the technical support for Panotour, there is no one else.

I can't give you specific dimensions or resolutions for your videos since that will all depend on your source videos, and their original resolution.

Say you have a 4K video shot with Omni, with dimensions of 4096x2048, for low resolution you should be trying 1280x640 or 720x360, what is supported the best will depend on the device.

You don't need to specify a specific format for android you need to provide all three formats listed on the page (mp4, ogv, webm), the tour will choose the correct one automatically.

no avatar
hossam

Topic author
Info

by hossam » Wed Feb 15, 2017 3:46 pm

Thank you this is helpful. One last question, is there any specific or best encoding details for your example (like bitrate, audio code ETC.)

Btw you're recommending Handbrake software

Annis
Kolor Team

Info

by Annis » Wed Feb 15, 2017 5:12 pm

hossam wrote:Thank you this is helpful. One last question, is there any specific or best encoding details for your example (like bitrate, audio code ETC.)

You could inspire yourself from YouTube's recommended upload encoding settings, since it's recommended encoding for the web it's the same thing: https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/1722171?hl=en

hossam wrote:Btw you're recommending Handbrake software

Yes?