looping mp3 audio without a gap  

This forum is fully dedicated to Panotour / Panotour Pro bug reports as well as feature discussion.
no avatar
john-at-burn

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

looping mp3 audio without a gap

by john-at-burn » Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:22 pm

Hello. We are working on a project with Panotour Pro that has ambient audio of waves on a beach. Because this software only accepts mp3 files for sound I cannot get this audio to loop without hearing a gap every time it repeats. This is a longstanding problem with the mp3 format and the only solutions I could find seemed very involved (using a DOS program and cutting frames).

This seems like it would be a common issue, but i couldn't find much information searching here. Does anybody have any tips? Is there a possibility of allowing other audio file types in Panotour in a future update?

Apologies if this has been covered before and i didn't see it.

no avatar
Destiny

Liked in: 227 posts
Info

Re: looping mp3 audio without a gap

by Destiny » Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:28 pm

Hi.. I do not see that this is a PTP issue but rather your sound file. Have you tried using a basic audio editor to crop any dead zones on the track.. To loop audio to flow in a continuous flow would take some sound track editing which might involve a bit of tinkering .. There are free downloads of 360 looped sounds you might want to try..

Destiny...

no avatar
john-at-burn

Topic author
Info

by john-at-burn » Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:35 pm

Thanks for your reply. Yes I used an audio editor to carefully trim the audio so it would loop seamlessly. The problem comes when I export the audio to mp3. I thought at first that it was an issue of something not working correctly in PTP but as i researched more today I've found that mp3s have a limitation of not looping properly without a gap. Maybe this is more of a feature request and a question for how others have overcome this issue.

no avatar
Destiny

Info

by Destiny » Fri Feb 03, 2017 1:18 am

Looping seamlessly partially with video has always been a bit of an issue with many software apps... I know that this might not sound right but try to mirror your track.. Basically making it twice the length..

Destiny...

no avatar
john-at-burn

Topic author
Info

by john-at-burn » Fri Feb 03, 2017 2:43 am

For now yes, I have multiplied the audio 5x so the gap only happens every minute. It is a suitable solution for now, but is there a chance more formats (WAV, AAC, etc) could be added to PTP to avoid this issue?

no avatar
Destiny

Info

by Destiny » Fri Feb 03, 2017 2:50 am

I guess add it to the Future Feature Request... It might be an easy fix for the Div Team....

Destiny....

john-at-burn wrote:For now yes, I have multiplied the audio 5x so the gap only happens every minute. It is a suitable solution for now, but is there a chance more formats (WAV, AAC, etc) could be added to PTP to avoid this issue?

no avatar
john-at-burn

Topic author
Info

by john-at-burn » Fri Feb 03, 2017 2:51 am

ok thanks