Pano Tour Pro Black Screen  

This forum is fully dedicated to Panotour / Panotour Pro bug reports as well as feature discussion.
no avatar
deminggray

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

Pano Tour Pro Black Screen

by deminggray » Wed Dec 21, 2016 2:46 am

Hello,

Over the last few years I have created several large multi-tour tours for a large company. These tours have worked brilliantly until recently. Now all tours when started just go to a black screen shown inside of a window. The customer is unhappy.

The company intranet is not accessible from outside and they will not allow me to post a link. I created the vtours up to 4 years ago. I set them up using HTML5 in panotour pro. I have update PTP as new versions became available, therefore multiple versions of the software have been used.

The tours are stored on a shared network drive and chrome, firefox, and IE browsers have been used to try to access the tours without success.

Does anyone know why a black screen would be seen when attempting to start the tour? I need somewhere to start looking for the problem to try and address it.

Any suggestions will help.

Thanks,

Deming Gray
423-903-7059

bdd
Kolor Team

Liked in: 130 posts
Info

Re: Pano Tour Pro Black Screen

by bdd » Wed Dec 21, 2016 2:44 pm

If you got black screen it means that your tours want to be displayed in flash. Not in HTML5.
So it means that your tours were one prior to the 2.5 version.
Since 2.5, HTML5 player is "preferred" when HTML5 and FLash are available.

Did your customer changed anything on their intranet web server ?
Did your customer upgrade their browsers (Chrome, firfox, IE) ?

The first thing to try, is to ask your customer if the tours work if they had "?html5=prefer" in the URL of the tour.

If it works, then, you can, change the embed code in the HTML page, and add or modify the "html5" attribute, and set it to "prefer".

Gérald

Vishal Mathur likes this post.

no avatar
deminggray

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

by deminggray » Mon Dec 26, 2016 9:35 pm

Thank you Gerald,

I will check your recommendations.

Deming

no avatar
Vishal Mathur

Liked in: 1 post
Info

by Vishal Mathur » Mon Jan 02, 2017 7:40 am

Hi Deming,
Were you able to solve the issue of black screen on previous tours? I'm facing the same issue & unable to resolve as yet.
Thanks, Vishal