Panotour Video Integration / Huge Problems   [SOLVED] - View the solution

This forum is fully dedicated to Panotour / Panotour Pro bug reports as well as feature discussion.
no avatar
VR-SIMs

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

Panotour Video Integration / Huge Problems

by VR-SIMs » Tue Dec 13, 2016 12:08 pm

Dear all,

iam a enthusiastic user of Kolor Panotour Pro, which i use for many projects like virtual tours through special buildings. In the last weeks i tried to integrate 360° Videos into the tours without real success. I was able to set an action button into the virtual tours, which starts an 360° Video, but it works only on machines with local stored video files on reachable servers inside the local network.

When i was trying to start the videos in virtual tours on machines or mobile devices that could also reach the virtual tour and video files over the internet, i got huge problems! Some mashines dont start playing the videos at all and some start playing but with terrible stuttering and juddering.

I thought that the video files are just to big to quick load them over the internet. So i reduced the video resolution and video bitrate in many ways but without success. It just dont work for me. So i tried to use an video streaming service for the videos, whichs delivers the video files in small pieces and matching quality for each different device.

But unfortunately Panotour Pro do not support videostreaming with protocols like RealTime Streaming Protocol (RTSP) or similar. I cant find an service provider that could offer me an streaming service for these kind of usage. They all said to me, that Panotour Pro don't support videostreaming at all.

Now iam sitting in front of the computer without any clue how to fix this problem. I just want to integrate 360° videofiles into my virtual tours in a way that it works for all devices. Iam ready to pay for a streaming service too, but no one and no company that i already asked, can help me.

Therefor i kindly asked for help here.

Thanks in advance
Markus

Annis
Kolor Team

Liked in: 444 posts
Info

Re: Panotour Video Integration / Huge Problems  [SOLVED]

by Annis » Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:22 pm

Hello and welcome to the forum,

Are you using the 360 videos as Video Scenes, or hotspots?
Have you read the Video Scenes documentation? Did you add alternate files for your scenes?

VR-SIMs likes this post.

no avatar
VR-SIMs

Topic author
Info

Re: Panotour Video Integration / Huge Problems

by VR-SIMs » Tue Dec 13, 2016 3:01 pm

Annis wrote:Hello and welcome to the forum,

Are you using the 360 videos as Video Scenes, or hotspots?
Have you read the Video Scenes documentation? Did you add alternate files for your scenes?

Dear Annis,

thanks for your quick response.
First, yes i have read the documentation regarding video scenes, also i tried out the alternate files. No solution.
Iam using video scenes.

In my opinion i do need an video streaming solution to fix these problem. Specially mobile devices like iPhones or Android Smartphones got big problems with videos inside an virtual tours, they need an streaming solution for videos.

How do you manage these problems at Kolor?

Thanks
Markus

Annis
Kolor Team

Info

by Annis » Tue Dec 13, 2016 5:42 pm

We use alternate files, meaning providing 5 extra files for each scene in different formats and resolutions to maximise compatibility with different browsers and devices.
The screenshot in the documentation page is from the video scene properties for this tour (video scene is "vol au dessus d'alpespace") made in a beta version of PTP.

no avatar
macalenny

Info

by macalenny » Wed Jan 04, 2017 1:23 am

Annis, can you recommend the ideal 5 versions and sizes of each to add to the project?

and how do we know which versions are selected by which device?

just curious about that so I can understand it all better.

thanks!

Annis
Kolor Team

Info

by Annis » Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:08 am

Low res versions are used on all mobile devices and tablets. And Safari (desktop) if using the HTML5 player.

There is no ideal size, it depends on the video. If your video is shot with a RIG then stitched , or shot with a one shot cam like Ricoh Theta, Samsung 360, Keymission... They all end up with very different final sizes.

no avatar
macalenny

Info

by macalenny » Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:21 pm

I'm shooting with Omni and usually rendering around 4K.

What low res dimension would you recommend from that?

Annis
Kolor Team

Info

by Annis » Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:49 pm

GoPro VR uses 1280×640 as a Low res version, but I find that a bit high, some mobiles might not support that high you could also try 720x360.

no avatar
macalenny

Info

by macalenny » Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:37 pm

is there a way to have an option more like youtube where you can select any size included/added as part of the tour(high to low res), as opposed to just sd/hd?

I did a test with a smaller size but it was grainy. thank you

Annis
Kolor Team

Info

by Annis » Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:06 am

Well the grainy is normal, it is low-res after all.

There is no need for select options like in YouTube other than sd/hd in Panotour since you are only selecting between the two sizes: high res and low res, in your case 4K and 720p for example.

no avatar
macalenny

Info

by macalenny » Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:21 am

got it, thank you very much!

this is my test:
http://du96okv68dt8p.cloudfront.net/build.html