Custom Spots Disappear on Reopen  

This forum is fully dedicated to Panotour / Panotour Pro bug reports as well as feature discussion.
no avatar
kurtvonstudios

Topic author
Liked in: 3 posts
Info

Custom Spots Disappear on Reopen

by kurtvonstudios » Mon Sep 05, 2016 2:58 am

Has anyone noticed that custom spots on a map will default to the normal spot when opening a project that has been closed.

This happens 100% of the time. I have created custom spots on my map using icons I've designed. After saving and closing the program and then opening it back up the spots will all default to the normal spot so I will need to go back and redo all my custom spots.

This is really annoying especially when you have 100 hotspots on a map. Anyone have a solution to this?

- Kurt

Annis
Kolor Team

Liked in: 442 posts
Info

Re: Custom Spots Disappear on Reopen

by Annis » Mon Sep 05, 2016 8:34 am

Are they geolocalised spots on a web map (google maps, openstreet maps etc)?

Or different type of spots or on a floorplan?
I need more information.

no avatar
kurtvonstudios

Topic author
Info

by kurtvonstudios » Mon Sep 05, 2016 5:51 pm

They are spots on a google map based on geo coordinates

Annis
Kolor Team

Info

by Annis » Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:34 am

Geolocalised spots can't have different spot styles, they will always use the default spot style because they can't retain any style information.

See: Scene Properties > Geolocalisation > Compatibility - http://www.kolor.com/wiki-en/action/vie ... patibility

no avatar
kurtvonstudios

Topic author
Info

by kurtvonstudios » Tue Sep 06, 2016 10:16 pm

Just wondering why this feature hasn't been added yet. I have been able to publish tours with multiple geo spots as seen in this tour - https://s3.amazonaws.com/adkproject/middlesaranac.html

The issue is when you need to go in and edit the tour, you must apply the custom spots again because those changes are not saved... essentially you need to do this right before you publish the tour every time. This would be a challenge if you need to go in and make a quick edit or if you have a lot of custom spots.

Would love to see this functionality in a future update where custom spots are saved!!

- Kurt

Annis
Kolor Team

Info

by Annis » Wed Sep 07, 2016 8:58 am

It's because of how geolocalised spots are handled in the software, they work differently from normal spots and aren't meant to handle individual spots styles, so they aren't and can't be saved in the .kpt even if you can manage to set them for the built tour.

It's already in the long list of feature requests.