Recent Update: Changed the Default Web Content Spot?  

This forum is fully dedicated to Panotour / Panotour Pro bug reports as well as feature discussion.
no avatar
thouchugz

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

Recent Update: Changed the Default Web Content Spot?

by thouchugz » Tue Jun 28, 2016 1:05 am

I am not sure what has changed but I have an older tour I uploaded that matches the web content correctly in size. Then I went back to the tour after an update to make some fine tuning changes and noticed that the web content doesn't fit the original. Here is the original that fits nicely. I uploaded this tour already to my website a month ago. Also, I blacked out areas to protect my clients confidentiality.

Failed Web Content.png
This one... well, this is after I built the tour after making modifications to something else. I didn't need to edit this feature of the tour. When I clicked, view last built tour, I got this when I checked it.

This one... well, this is after I built the tour after making modifications to something else. I didn't need to edit this feature of the tour. When I clicked, view last built tour, I got this when I checked it.

Good Web Content.png
This is the original. It matches the size of the web content spot nicely. No trouble with this and it has already been uploaded to the website. I am worried that if I upload and overwrite the previous tour. I lose the correct sized web content spot. I also noticed the youtube icon on a separate panorama is also smaller... side note.

This is the original. It matches the size of the web content spot nicely. No trouble with this and it has already been uploaded to the website.

I am worried that if I upload and overwrite the previous tour (correct one), I lose the good sized web content spot. I also noticed the Youtube icon on a separate panorama is also smaller when I viewed last built tour after the update... side note.

Anyway I can update my tour and still have the web content what it used to be?

Annis
Kolor Team

Liked in: 444 posts
Info

Re: Recent Update: Changed the Default Web Content Spot?

by Annis » Tue Jun 28, 2016 8:53 am

What's the difference between the two tours? Were they built with the same version of PTP?

You can open the YOURTOUR.xml file and as a comment it should show which version that xml was created in:.
For example:
HKolorVRTest001indexdataindex.xml - Notepad++.png

As an "immediate" solution, if it was built with a previous version of PTP you can download that version again and use it to update your tour.

However, I'll need access to the old tour and new (at least the xml, you can send them via PM) to compare the two.

no avatar
thouchugz

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

by thouchugz » Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:24 am

Panotour Pro V2.5.2 64bits : 11-05-2016 15-19-47

The above is the version that I used that has the desired results.

Panotour Pro V2.5.3 64bits : 28-06-2016 08-34-12

The above is the one I used recently but doesn't retain the quality desired. I can send you the xml, but at the moment I am going to try the immediate action. Will it help the development team if I did send it?

Annis
Kolor Team

Liked in: 444 posts
Info

by Annis » Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:06 am

There's a KrPano version difference between 2.5.2 and 2.5.3 (from KrPano Pre-release 3 to 4, meaning it's still a development version), so there's changes to many elements including hotspots.

There's been several fixes and workarounds in Panotour to try and counter the incompatibilities, one of them is for web content spots.
At the moment the web content spots is fixed to the size of the spot you placed, PTP generates a "back image" for the size of your spot, called spotsback.png.
If you change the size or ratio of that image, to increase it, the behaviour and placement of your spot should improve.

It is a temporary patch of course until these features are properly supported.