Adding hotspots in the test version of Panotour  

This forum is fully dedicated to Panotour / Panotour Pro bug reports as well as feature discussion.
no avatar
nigelwalshe

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

Adding hotspots in the test version of Panotour

by nigelwalshe » Sun Mar 27, 2016 3:30 pm

Hi there

As a newcomer to the virtual tour world, I am experimenting with the trial version of Panotour 2.5 before commiting to purchase. I seem to be experiencing a graphics problem - I can load 5 spherical panoramas, and can build and save the tour, but the images don't appear in the workspace, only the file names in a flickering font. Also, if I try to use the hotspot editor to insert hotspots, the program immediately crashes.

My apologies if I'm missing something obvious here, but any help would be much appreciated.

All the best

Nigel

no avatar
mediavets

Liked in: 130 posts
Info

Re: Adding hotspots in the test version of Panotour

by mediavets » Mon Mar 28, 2016 7:05 pm

Check that you have the latest available graphics drivers.

nigelwalshe likes this post.

no avatar
nigelwalshe

Topic author
Info

by nigelwalshe » Mon Mar 28, 2016 7:45 pm

Thanks for the reply! The drivers all are up to date. Since the original post, I've found that the program works fine on an old Vista laptop. I'm beginning to wonder if there's an incompatibility with some of my other programs on my main computer - I run Phtotoshop, Photomatix, PanoV2R, PTGui amongst others, as well as a tablet.

Annis
Kolor Team

Liked in: 444 posts
Info

by Annis » Tue Mar 29, 2016 8:09 am

If the software crashes, were you prompted to send in a crash report?
If you have, could you send, it with your e-mail in the e-mail field so that we can find it and try to find the reason of the crash?

benji33
Kolor Team

Liked in: 191 posts
Info

by benji33 » Tue Mar 29, 2016 8:20 am

Try also to reinstall Panotour Pro to see if issue can be solved with a reinstall.

no avatar
nigelwalshe

Topic author
Info

by nigelwalshe » Tue Mar 29, 2016 10:19 am

Annis wrote:If the software crashes, were you prompted to send in a crash report?
If you have, could you send, it with your e-mail in the e-mail field so that we can find it and try to find the reason of the crash?

Many thanks for the reply! All I get is a Windows message saying Panotour has stopped working, followed by a box saying that Windows will let me know if it comes up with a solution. I've also reinstalled the program twice now, with the same result.

no avatar
nigelwalshe

Topic author
Info

by nigelwalshe » Tue Mar 29, 2016 1:20 pm

benji33 wrote:Try also to reinstall Panotour Pro to see if issue can be solved with a reinstall.

Thanks Benjamin! I've reinstalled it twice on my machine, but no improvement. I have also installed it on our other desktop (also Windows 7) and it doesn't run at all - the interface on opening is completely garbled. Yet for some crazy reason it works on a clapped out old laptop running Vista!!