Spurious message when doing multiple builds in 2.2  

This forum is fully dedicated to Panotour / Panotour Pro bug reports as well as feature discussion.
no avatar
marzipano

Topic author
Liked in: 14 posts
Info

Spurious message when doing multiple builds in 2.2

by marzipano » Sun Sep 14, 2014 4:23 pm

I am in the process of generating a long list of panoramas to be ready for publication on the web for which I was hoping to use Panotour 2.2 (not Pro)

They all have the same Controls and delay/rotation attributes but each one has to be examined in the preview (full screen) in order to check the FOV and Offset settings.

It is not required to save the project file

The way I was planning to do this was to keep "adding a panorama file" and deleting the previous one all within the same session so that the parameters that are constant just need adding once at the start and just carry out a "build" with the correct file name before loading the next

However, 2.2 presents this panel on the second and all subsequent panoramas in the session

It is not possible to respond to this panel in any way in which the correct files are saved - it either omits the save completely (No option) or saves this pano with the previous name (Yes option)

Panotour 2.1 does not show this panel and multiple builds within the same session works fine

Martin
Attachments
multiple panotour builds error.jpg
multiple panotour builds error.jpg (34.25 KiB) Viewed 812 times

no avatar
benji33
Kolor Team

Liked in: 199 posts
Info

Re: Spurious message when doing multiple builds in 2.2

by benji33 » Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:32 am

This change is due to the cache file. This popup appears when you try to build the project with a new file name or directory name.
If Yes, the previous generated project is overwritten an renamed into new one.
If No, you'll have the 2 generated projects available.
Benjamin

no avatar
marzipano

Topic author
Liked in: 14 posts
Info

by marzipano » Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:27 am

benji33 wrote:This change is due to the cache file. This popup appears when you try to build the project with a new file name or directory name.
If Yes, the previous generated project is overwritten an renamed into new one.
If No, you'll have the 2 generated projects available.

Thanks Benjamin - I understand this better now

When this panel appears the "No" option requires that you select the "build" command twice. The first time selected it generates the panel and then selecting "No" from the panel requires that you select the "build" command again to actually build the html and swf files with the selected name. It just looked to me as though the "No" option did nothing as I hadn't realised that you had to reselect the "build" command again. It would be better if the "No" option just carried on executing the build without the need to reselect it

I cannot see myself ever wanting to use the "Yes" option but when I tried it just out of interest I ended up with a .html file under the old name which just gave a blank screen when executed locally

I must admit I feel that the original functionality up to 2.1 was much better where you just typed over the old file name to carry out multiple builds in the same session

best
Martin

no avatar
benji33
Kolor Team

Liked in: 199 posts
Info

by benji33 » Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:46 am

Yes a "No" selection need a new build.
This is not done to allow you to change other informations before build it again.

For "Yes" problem i'll have a look.
Benjamin