2.2 unresponsive, reorganizes groups, asks for registration  

This forum is fully dedicated to Panotour / Panotour Pro bug reports as well as feature discussion.
no avatar
JKatz

2.2 unresponsive, reorganizes groups, asks for registration

by JKatz » Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:59 pm

I upgraded to 2.2 yesterday and am having some huge problems:

1. Instead of crashing the way previous versions have, allowing me the option to submit a crash report, the program just stops responding (the tool bar reads "Not Responding"). I would normally leave it be and hope it recovers after a bit, but leaving it overnight still left it in that state. I have to force quit through Task Manager almost every time. This would not be so bad if it didn't happen every 15 minutes or so.

2. Every time I reopen my projects, the groups are completely rearranged, mostly on top of each other so I can't see the panos. The project I'm working on right now has 147 panos, so they're all organized in groups, and having to rearrange them every time I reopen the project (after yet another crash) is pretty awful.

3. The program seems to forget it's registered every time I reopen it after one of these crashes. I have to enter my registration information every time I start up the program.

I'm really excited that my project no longer takes a full hour to load when I open it, but at least I got to work on it after it finished then.

no avatar
mediavets

Re: 2.2 unresponsive, reorganizes groups, asks for registrat

by mediavets » Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:09 pm

JKatz wrote:I upgraded to 2.2 yesterday and am having some huge problems:

1. Instead of crashing the way previous versions have, allowing me the option to submit a crash report, the program just stops responding (the tool bar reads "Not Responding"). I would normally leave it be and hope it recovers after a bit, but leaving it overnight still left it in that state. I have to force quit through Task Manager almost every time. This would not be so bad if it didn't happen every 15 minutes or so.

2. Every time I reopen my projects, the groups are completely rearranged, mostly on top of each other so I can't see the panos. The project I'm working on right now has 147 panos, so they're all organized in groups, and having to rearrange them every time I reopen the project (after yet another crash) is pretty awful.

3. The program seems to forget it's registered every time I reopen it after one of these crashes. I have to enter my registration information every time I start up the program.

I'm really excited that my project no longer takes a full hour to load when I open it, but at least I got to work on it after it finished then.

Are you using a 32-bit or 64-bit version of PT/PTP and on which OS?

no avatar
JKatz

by JKatz » Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:20 pm

64 bit PTP on Windows 7. The program is also starting up in a smaller window size instead of maximized like it previously did, if that has any bearing on the situation.

I attached a screenshot of what the groups are doing. For this particular instance, I was able to save and close the program without issue, and restarted my computer. When I reopened the program, it once again prompted me to register and rearranged all my groups. Not visible: all the panos it hid behind the larger groups.
Attachments
grouprelocation.jpg

no avatar
nvlass

by nvlass » Sat Aug 02, 2014 8:58 am

Hi I have the same Problem
I am on mac version 10.9.4 with 2.6 GHz with 16GB memory
It is really annoying what is happening

The file ia after I organize but when I start after the crash is like the previous member

Thanks
Attachments
Panotour Pro.png

no avatar
JKatz

by JKatz » Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:29 am

Are there any updates on this? I've seen several other people posting about the groups being messed up, but I don't know if anyone else is having the issue where it asks to register every time it opens.

Annis
Kolor Team

by Annis » Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:39 am

Hello,

Regarding the registration, open Panotour, do not open any project, register the software, close it and re-launch it. The registration should be kept this time.

As for the thumbnails organisation in the workspace, the reason has been explained here: viewtopic.php?f=92&t=23108&p=146058#p146058

Annis

Return to Panotour bugs & discussion