LIVE PANO tour on mobile devices  

This forum is fully dedicated to Panotour / Panotour Pro bug reports as well as feature discussion.
no avatar
Vil Muhametshin

LIVE PANO tour on mobile devices

by Vil Muhametshin » Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:24 pm

Hello!

Just made our first project with LIVE PANO add-on, but found that it doesn't work good on several mobile devices we tested.

Can you say on which devices and browsers it should work?

Here is the tour:
http://virtuallatvia.lv/Tours/NMPD/Mobi ... ltour.html

Here are some of testing results for this LivePano tour.

It worked good on:
- Samsung Galaxy S3 (Android 4.3) with Firefox browser.
- Samsung Tab 1 (Android 2.3) with default browser and Opera.

On Ipad Air Live Pano video quality is really bad - seems it uses low quality video and it looks terrible on Ipad's retina displays. Also there is a strange effect - when launching usual (not livepano) video (mp4) with POINT hostspot it shows in a thumbnail size - though the video size is 1280x720.

On Iphone IOS 7 (4 and 5) Livepano video shows upside-down.

On Sony Xperia Z1 (Android 4.4.4.) video do not starts automatically and you can't stop it.

Don't work on Android 4.2.1. (Samsung Galaxy) un 4.2.2. (Samgung Galaxy S2+) with default browser and Chrome.

On Galaxy Tab 2 and LG G2 (Android 4.2) on Firefox don't shows video - just sound, and you can't stop it.

benji33
Kolor Team

Re: LIVE PANO tour on mobile devices

by benji33 » Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:42 am

Thanks for these reports. I'll add internal checks to verify all of your reports.

no avatar
ERR

by ERR » Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:33 pm

I just wanted to say that the tour looked great on my desktop. Makes me want to become a Russian paramedic! ;)

benji33
Kolor Team

by benji33 » Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:56 am

- On Ipad Air Live Pano video quality is really bad - seems it uses low quality video and it looks terrible on Ipad's retina displays. Also there is a strange effect - when launching usual (not livepano) video (mp4) with POINT hostspot it shows in a thumbnail size - though the video size is 1280x720.

Yes at this time the low resolution version is used for tablet and mobile.

- On Iphone IOS 7 (4 and 5) Livepano video shows upside-down.

Yes iPhone detect the "direction" of video and display it on thid direction as the iPhone play button over video.
If it's possible to change we will change it but seems linked to device, so no real solution at this time.

- Quicks internal tests :
* Nexus 7 : Chrome OK + Firefox : OK
* Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 : Chrome OK, Firefox codecs problems

Return to Panotour bugs & discussion