browser behaviour of autorotation  

This forum is fully dedicated to Panotour / Panotour Pro bug reports as well as feature discussion.
no avatar
burake

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

browser behaviour of autorotation

by burake » Sun Jun 15, 2014 1:41 pm

I have noticed that on tours created with PTP 2.1 the autorotation runs "smoothly" on Chrome but not so well on the current latest versions of Internet Explorer and Firefox (and to some extend on Opera). My OS is Windows 7, 64 bit. While turning around "it hangs out" or "sticks" from time to time as if it is collecting data, I hope you understand what I mean. Here is one tour:

http://www.bilisimfotograf.com/images/s ... anesi.html

As we never know what browser the viewers use, I see this as a problem. On tours created with krpano I don't have this issue. I prefer PTP because of its wonderful interface possibilities but this is quite a disadvantage in my eyes. I just hope this can be fixed easily.

Greetings
Burak

bdd
Kolor Team

Liked in: 130 posts
Info

Re: browser behaviour of autorotation

by bdd » Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:01 pm

burake wrote:I have noticed that on tours created with PTP 2.1 the autorotation runs "smoothly" on Chrome but not so well on the current latest versions of Internet Explorer and Firefox (and to some extend on Opera). My OS is Windows 7, 64 bit. While turning around "it hangs out" or "sticks" from time to time as if it is collecting data, I hope you understand what I mean. Here is one tour:

http://www.bilisimfotograf.com/images/s ... anesi.html

As we never know what browser the viewers use, I see this as a problem. On tours created with krpano I don't have this issue. I prefer PTP because of its wonderful interface possibilities but this is quite a disadvantage in my eyes. I just hope this can be fixed easily.

Greetings
Burak

On my side the problem is the opposite.
It is not smooth on Chrome but really smooth on Firefox.

But on my side, the firefox player is the HTML5 one, and on chrome it is the flash one.
You can force your tour in HTML5, and the rotation should be the same on all browsers.

Gérald

no avatar
burake

Topic author
Info

by burake » Mon Jun 16, 2014 6:00 pm

Thank you very much Gerald,

I feel relieved because your program is just great. I have output only HTML5 and the problem disapperaed. I just hope this won't cause any problem (no Flash output) but I just guess the great majority of the browsers can run HTML5 without problems by now.

Greetings
Burak

no avatar
mediavets

Info

by mediavets » Mon Jun 16, 2014 6:11 pm

burake wrote:Thank you very much Gerald,

I feel relieved because your program is just great. I have output only HTML5 and the problem disapperaed. I just hope this won't cause any problem (no Flash output) but I just guess the great majority of the browsers can run HTML5 without problems by now.

Greetings
Burak

No so, versions of IE older than 11(?) do not offer full support for HTML5 version of PTP tours.

XP cannot run versions of IE newer than 8.

Not sure which versions of IE Vista will support

no avatar
burake

Topic author
Info

by burake » Tue Jun 17, 2014 11:30 am

...and is it possible to output the tour in Flash and HTML5 with the Flash as "fallback"? Not everyone has the latest browser version and the opening browser/device should first try the HTML5 and if it doesn't succeed it should open the flash version? I think in krpano this was possible. Is there maybe some extra code for this?

no avatar
mediavets

Info

by mediavets » Tue Jun 17, 2014 11:50 am

burake wrote:...and is it possible to output the tour in Flash and HTML5 with the Flash as "fallback"? Not everyone has the latest browser version and the opening browser/device should first try the HTML5 and if it doesn't succeed it should open the flash version? I think in krpano this was possible. Is there maybe some extra code for this?

Yes, see:

http://www.autopano.net/wiki-en/action/ ... desktop%29

no avatar
burake

Topic author
Info

by burake » Tue Jun 17, 2014 4:24 pm

mediavets wrote:
burake wrote:...and is it possible to output the tour in Flash and HTML5 with the Flash as "fallback"? Not everyone has the latest browser version and the opening browser/device should first try the HTML5 and if it doesn't succeed it should open the flash version? I think in krpano this was possible. Is there maybe some extra code for this?

Yes, see:

http://www.autopano.net/wiki-en/action/ ... desktop%29

Great :)...Thank you very much indeed...