Panorama Properties Preview  

This forum is fully dedicated to Panotour / Panotour Pro bug reports as well as feature discussion.
no avatar
the707

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

Panorama Properties Preview

by the707 » Fri Jun 06, 2014 6:49 pm

I am having several problems with Panorama Properties - Preview. I am on Mac 10.8.5, PTP 2.1.1 64 bits. The problem is irregardless of how many panos are in the project so I would say it's definitely reproducible as after trying to create several projects I have yet to find a way around it.

1) As soon as I try to adjust the Yaw I immediately get a large vertical gray bar in the preview window (image_1).

2) Once I "set Default view" for one image that value is then applied to all panos in the tour without my doing.
Correction: You don't even have to save it as the default view. It occurs just from moving the yaw of any other image.

3) When I go to the other images to check the Yaw I realize that the Preview of the image is not actually what it is set at. That is - the starting point of the image on the actual tour (online) is different. It is apparent that it is a bug because if the Yaw says "0.00" for example I will change it to say "1.00" and the preview will change by say 180 degrees (for example) to what the actual start point is.

Any help would be appreciated as it is literally impossible for me to set the Previews in the current state.

Sincerely,

Patrick
Attachments
image_3.jpg
image_2.jpg
image_1.jpg
Last edited by the707 on Mon Jun 09, 2014 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

no avatar
mediavets

Liked in: 130 posts
Info

Re: Panorama Properties Preview

by mediavets » Fri Jun 06, 2014 7:49 pm

I cannot recall anyone else reporting these problems.

First I recommend that you upgrade to 2.1.2 released today.

Regarding the 'grey bar' issue, do you have the latest graphics driver available for your Mac?

no avatar
mediavets

Info

by mediavets » Fri Jun 06, 2014 8:11 pm

the707 wrote:I am having several problems with Panorama Properties - Preview. I am on Mac 10.8.5, PTP 2.1.1 64 bits. The problem is irregardless of how many panos are in the project so I would say it's definitely reproducible as after trying to create several projects I have yet to find a way around it.

1) As soon as I try to adjust the Yaw I immediately get a large vertical gray bar in the preview window (image_1).

2) Once I "set Default view" for one image that value is then applied to all panos in the tour without my doing.

3) When I go to the other images to check the Yaw I realize that the Preview of the image is not actually what it is set at. That is - the starting point of the image on the actual tour (online) is different. It is apparent that it is a bug because if the Yaw says "0.00" for example I will change it to say "1.00" and the preview will change by say 180 degrees (for example) to what the actual start point is.

Any help would be appreciated as it is literally impossible for me to set the Previews in the current state.

Sincerely,

Patrick

I am using PTP 2.1.2 on Windows 7 Pro 64-bits.

I don't experience the 'grey bar' issue, but I can replicate the Preview FOV issue.

PTP doesn't update Pano FOV values for the Preview when you select a different pano.

But I can overcome it by clicking on the Preview pano image which updates the FOV data to the correct values.

The correct Default views - as configured - are displayed when viewing the tour.

no avatar
the707

Topic author
Info

by the707 » Sun Jun 08, 2014 6:23 pm

mediavets wrote:Regarding the 'grey bar' issue, do you have the latest graphics driver available for your Mac?

I am guessing you don't have or use Macs…

no avatar
mediavets

Info

by mediavets » Sun Jun 08, 2014 9:21 pm

the707 wrote:
mediavets wrote:Regarding the 'grey bar' issue, do you have the latest graphics driver available for your Mac?

I am guessing you don't have or use Macs…

Fortunately not. ;)

no avatar
Destiny

Liked in: 228 posts
Info

by Destiny » Sun Jun 08, 2014 10:21 pm

Oh so sad Andrew... A Mac is a million times better than some old PC.... ;)
I will test this issue out... On my Mac =D

Destiny...

no avatar
the707

Topic author
Info

by the707 » Mon Jun 09, 2014 5:41 pm

media vets wrote:First I recommend that you upgrade to 2.1.2 released today.

I have upgraded to PTP 2.1.2 as suggested. All of the issues persist. Here is a video showing the behavior:
http://youtu.be/OW6VDEc2f-Y

Notice that in the video, whatever the last Yaw value set in the last image was becomes inherited by the next image. Even though that is not the saved Yaw value for the particular image. It's also interesting to note that the gray bar 'reappears' every 90 degrees.

Kolor?
Attachments
pano_tour_pro_2_1_2.jpg

no avatar
mediavets

Info

by mediavets » Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:59 pm

the707 wrote:

I have upgraded to PTP 2.1.2 as suggested. All of the issues persist. Here is a video showing the behavior:

Notice that in the video, whatever the last Yaw value set in the last image was becomes inherited by the next image. Even though that is not the saved Yaw value for the particular image.

I agreed that this is the case, but if I simply click on the preview the correct values for that pano are displayed/restored.
viewtopic.php?f=92&t=22677&p=143927#p143789

I don't have the grey bar issue on Windows 7 nor Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bits

no avatar
the707

Topic author
Info

by the707 » Tue Jun 10, 2014 4:12 pm

mediavets wrote:
the707 wrote:

Notice that in the video, whatever the last Yaw value set in the last image was becomes inherited by the next image. Even though that is not the saved Yaw value for the particular image.

I agreed that this is the case, but if I simply click on the preview the correct values for that pano are displayed/restored.
viewtopic.php?f=92&t=22677&p=143927#p143789

I don't have the grey bar issue on Windows 7 nor Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bits

Mediavets, your work around addresses issues 2 & 3. Thank you

Kolor, are there any plans to fix issues 2 & 3? Do you care to acknowledge or perhaps address issue 1?

bdd
Kolor Team

Info

by bdd » Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:18 am

the707 wrote:1) As soon as I try to adjust the Yaw I immediately get a large vertical gray bar in the preview window (image_1).

Reproduced on Windows too. I wil enter an issue about this bug.
But there is an annoying workaround : once the grey bar is seen, set the preview fullscreen, and then restore it at its place. no more grey bar.

the707 wrote:2) Once I "set Default view" for one image that value is then applied to all panos in the tour without my doing.
Correction: You don't even have to save it as the default view. It occurs just from moving the yaw of any other image.

The default view is correct when you select a panorama.
The values displayed are not correct.

[/quote]
I will enter another issue about this bug