Export cube face bug  

This forum is fully dedicated to Panotour / Panotour Pro bug reports as well as feature discussion.
pgielen

Export cube face bug

by pgielen » Sat May 24, 2014 10:41 pm

I found a bug in PtP (both versions 2.0.1 and 2.1). When trying to export 8000x4000 pixels panoramas to cube faces, I get the error message 'Some panoramas can not be exported because they have not a 2:1 ratio'. Which is obviously not the case....

no avatar
mediavets

Re: Export cube face bug

by mediavets » Sat May 24, 2014 10:46 pm

pgielen wrote:I found a bug in PtP (both versions 2.0.1 and 2.1). When trying to export 8000x4000 pixels panoramas to cube faces, I get the error message 'Some panoramas can not be exported because they have not a 2:1 ratio'. Which is obviously not the case....

Do you find this happens every time with every 8k x 4k pano image?

It worked for me a with a single 8k x 4k image - PTP 2.1 64-bit on Windows 8.1 Pro.
Last edited by mediavets on Sun May 25, 2014 7:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Destiny

by Destiny » Sat May 24, 2014 11:15 pm

Hi... I tested this on a Mac with Mavericks and it works fine...

However, not sure if this is an old bug which has been fixed with cube faces.. Sometimes, not always depending on the pano size, when the cube faces are imported back into PTP after exporting, the ratio of the pano is no longer 2:1..

What I suggest you do is use the krpano droplets... They work well..

Destiny...

pgielen

by pgielen » Wed May 28, 2014 12:39 am

It happens after I have adjusted a JPEG that is not 2:1 in Photoshop CS5 by adjusting the canvas size and saving it to a new file. Somehow, the new file still saves the original dimensions. I have had a similar problems some years ago. The only solution is to detect and render the panorama again with the panorama size set to maximum, not content size. It is still an annoying bug, but probably not annoying enough for Kolor to do something about it.

no avatar
mediavets

by mediavets » Wed May 28, 2014 8:15 am

pgielen wrote:It happens after I have adjusted a JPEG that is not 2:1 in Photoshop CS5 by adjusting the canvas size and saving it to a new file. Somehow, the new file still saves the original dimensions. I have had a similar problems some years ago. The only solution is to detect and render the panorama again with the panorama size set to maximum, not content size. It is still an annoying bug, but probably not annoying enough for Kolor to do something about it.

The bug is obviously in Photoshop then.

Return to Panotour bugs & discussion