Image-stitching and virtual tour solutions My account Updates
It is currently Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:14 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 10:37 pm 

Hi,

I've been interested in your program and would like to test it before possible purchase decision. I have Arch Linux (64-bit) and Ubuntu 13.10 (64-bit) installations.

I've managed to install Panotour Pro to the both machines. However, launching the program is impossible due to following error message:

Code:
error while loading shared libraries: libiomp5.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I somehow could get rid of some of these messages in Ubuntu. It seems that these messages are neverending, however: I get dozens of similar error messages in terminal output.

Because of this error, I've even tried older Panotour versions 2.0.0, 2.0.1. My conclusion is that all of these versions has this same error. So, basically, is it possible to get current versions of the program to work in Linux machines? Do I need specific depedencies (program libraries) installed first? I'm currently at an impasse with the problem.

Any help is appreciated. Thank you!

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 7:46 am 

Fincer wrote:
Hi,

I've been interested in your program and would like to test it before possible purchase decision. I have Arch Linux (64-bit) and Ubuntu 13.10 (64-bit) installations.

I've managed to install Panotour Pro to the both machines. However, launching the program is impossible due to following error message:

Code:
error while loading shared libraries: libiomp5.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I somehow could get rid of some of these messages in Ubuntu. It seems that these messages are neverending, however: I get dozens of similar error messages in terminal output.

Because of this error, I've even tried older Panotour versions 2.0.0, 2.0.1. My conclusion is that all of these versions has this same error. So, basically, is it possible to get current versions of the program to work in Linux machines? Do I need specific depedencies (program libraries) installed first? I'm currently at an impasse with the problem.

Any help is appreciated. Thank you!

2.0.0 and 2.0.1 versions should work on Linux.
We tried them successfully.
A bug is opened on the 2.1 version about this suject. A fix will be done in next release of Panotour.

Gérald

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 4:52 pm 

Thank you for your reponse. It's good to hear that you guys are aware of the startup problem.

About version 2.0.0 and 2.0.1: very likely my bad. I used outdated Arch Linux AUR PKGBUILD file to download Panotour Pro. Instead of downloading version 2.0.1 that automated script misleadingly downloaded the latest version 2.1 which has startup issues.

What attracted my attention was missing .so files in the Panotour Pro installation directory. After modifying the PKGBUILD code to really download version 2.0.1 everything ran smoothly.

I keep waiting for the next release, having the startup issue fixed. Thanks!