No description on the image  

This forum is fully dedicated to Panotour / Panotour Pro bug reports as well as feature discussion.
no avatar
Bogdan
Member
 
Posts: 51
Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:36 pm

No description on the image

by Bogdan » Wed May 14, 2014 2:41 pm

I can see the description in the project but not locally.
I added in each panorama one picture from the hotspot editor then Picture Spot - Action - Plugin Description - Display current spot description
On the View last build tour it's ok. But like i said it's not working from local server

What could be?

no avatar
mediavets
Moderator
 
Posts: 14288
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2007 2:12 pm
Location: Isleham, Cambridgeshire, UK.

Re: No description on the image

by mediavets » Wed May 14, 2014 3:00 pm

Bogdan wrote:I can see the description in the project but not locally.
I added in each panorama one picture from the hotspot editor then Picture Spot - Action - Plugin Description - Display current spot description
On the View last build tour it's ok. But like i said it's not working from local server

What could be?


What do you mean by 'local server'?

no avatar
Bogdan
Member
 
Posts: 51
Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:36 pm

Re: No description on the image

by Bogdan » Wed May 14, 2014 3:05 pm

mediavets wrote:
Bogdan wrote:I can see the description in the project but not locally.
I added in each panorama one picture from the hotspot editor then Picture Spot - Action - Plugin Description - Display current spot description
On the View last build tour it's ok. But like i said it's not working from local server

What could be?


What do you mean by 'local server'?

From my computer

no avatar
mediavets
Moderator
 
Posts: 14288
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2007 2:12 pm
Location: Isleham, Cambridgeshire, UK.

Re: No description on the image

by mediavets » Wed May 14, 2014 3:11 pm

Bogdan wrote:
mediavets wrote:
Bogdan wrote:I can see the description in the project but not locally.
I added in each panorama one picture from the hotspot editor then Picture Spot - Action - Plugin Description - Display current spot description
On the View last build tour it's ok. But like i said it's not working from local server

What could be?


What do you mean by 'local server'?

From my computer


Many features in PTP 2.x are implemented using javascript and will only work correctly if the tour is delivered via a web server.

When you use the View last built tour... button the tour is delivered via a built-in lightweight web server - check the URL displayed in the browser address bar - but if you access the HTML file directly some features won't work correctly:

http://www.autopano.net/wiki-en/action/ ... ur_offline

no avatar
Bogdan
Member
 
Posts: 51
Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:36 pm

Re: No description on the image

by Bogdan » Thu May 15, 2014 8:55 am

The description on the image is still not working on the web server. Also the fullscreen button from control bar.
Here is my virtual tour : http://www.tururivirtualeprahova.ro/Par ... v-c21.html
Select the 4-th panorama to see the pictures with descriptions that not working
Thanks

no avatar
mediavets
Moderator
 
Posts: 14288
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2007 2:12 pm
Location: Isleham, Cambridgeshire, UK.

Re: No description on the image

by mediavets » Thu May 15, 2014 9:10 am

Bogdan wrote:The description on the image is still not working on the web server. Also the fullscreen button from control bar.
Here is my virtual tour : http://www.tururivirtualeprahova.ro/Par ... v-c21.html
Select the 4-th panorama to see the pictures with descriptions that not working
Thanks


If you are using an iframe to dispaly the tour on a web page you need to add the fullscreen attribute.

See: http://www.autopano.net/wiki-en/action/ ... Publishing

no avatar
Bogdan
Member
 
Posts: 51
Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:36 pm

Re: No description on the image

by Bogdan » Thu May 15, 2014 9:12 am

mediavets wrote:
Bogdan wrote:The description on the image is still not working on the web server. Also the fullscreen button from control bar.
Here is my virtual tour : http://www.tururivirtualeprahova.ro/Par ... v-c21.html
Select the 4-th panorama to see the pictures with descriptions that not working
Thanks


If you are using an iframe to dispaly the tour on a web page you need to add the fullscreen attribute.

See: http://www.autopano.net/wiki-en/action/ ... Publishing

And how about the description on the picture?

no avatar
mediavets
Moderator
 
Posts: 14288
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2007 2:12 pm
Location: Isleham, Cambridgeshire, UK.

Re: No description on the image

by mediavets » Thu May 15, 2014 9:45 am

Bogdan wrote:
mediavets wrote:
Bogdan wrote:The description on the image is still not working on the web server. Also the fullscreen button from control bar.
Here is my virtual tour : http://www.tururivirtualeprahova.ro/Par ... v-c21.html
Select the 4-th panorama to see the pictures with descriptions that not working
Thanks


If you are using an iframe to dispaly the tour on a web page you need to add the fullscreen attribute.

See: http://www.autopano.net/wiki-en/action/ ... Publishing

And how about the description on the picture?


What are those 'i' hotspots configured to do?

Can we see a screenshot of the hotspot style and hostspot properties?

no avatar
Bogdan
Member
 
Posts: 51
Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:36 pm

Re: No description on the image

by Bogdan » Thu May 15, 2014 10:17 am

Spots style and spots properties
Attachments
Hotspot Properties.jpg
Picture spot description properties.jpg
Picture spot description.jpg

no avatar
Bogdan
Member
 
Posts: 51
Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:36 pm

Re: No description on the image

by Bogdan » Thu May 15, 2014 10:18 am

Hotspot Syle
Attachments
Hotspot style.jpg

no avatar
Bogdan
Member
 
Posts: 51
Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:36 pm

Re: No description on the image

by Bogdan » Fri May 16, 2014 10:30 am

Any suggestions?

no avatar
Bogdan
Member
 
Posts: 51
Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:36 pm

Re: No description on the image

by Bogdan » Sat May 17, 2014 9:11 am

Could somebody help me with this problem? I really need to have the descriptions on the image.

no avatar
mediavets
Moderator
 
Posts: 14288
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2007 2:12 pm
Location: Isleham, Cambridgeshire, UK.

Re: No description on the image

by mediavets » Sat May 17, 2014 9:18 am

Bogdan wrote:Could somebody help me with this problem? I really need to have the descriptions on the image.


As I understand it there is no problem when you view the tour offline using the View last built tour... button.

Is that correct?

If so, might suggest that the issue lies in the coding of your web page on which you are embedding the tour.

But it still doesn't work, nor does the fullscreen function, if I access the tour directly via:

http://www.tururivirtualeprahova.ro/emb ... Zoo-Bucov/

Are you sure all the tour files got uploaded correctly and have the correct file permissions?

Perhaps there's something 'odd' about your web server configuration/setup?

no avatar
Bogdan
Member
 
Posts: 51
Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:36 pm

Re: No description on the image

by Bogdan » Sat May 17, 2014 9:51 am

mediavets wrote:
Bogdan wrote:Could somebody help me with this problem? I really need to have the descriptions on the image.


As I understand it there is no problem when you view the tour offline using the View last built tour... button.

Is that correct?

If so, might suggest that the issue lies in the coding of your web page on which you are embedding the tour.

But it still doesn't work, nor does the fullscreen function, if I access the tour directly via:

http://www.tururivirtualeprahova.ro/emb ... Zoo-Bucov/

Are you sure all the tour files got uploaded correctly and have the correct file permissions?

Perhaps there's something 'odd' about your web server configuration/setup?

When i see the tour offline using the View last build tour button is working perfect. But it's not working if i use the .html file from my computer and neither through my website.

no avatar
mediavets
Moderator
 
Posts: 14288
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2007 2:12 pm
Location: Isleham, Cambridgeshire, UK.

Re: No description on the image

by mediavets » Sat May 17, 2014 9:58 am

Bogdan wrote:When i see the tour offline using the View last build tour button is working perfect.

OK.

But it's not working if i use the .html file from my computer

That's understandable. Some features in PTP 2.x won't work unless the tour is delivered via a web server because of browser security features. When you view oflline using the View last built tour button the tour is delivered via a lightweight built-in web server.

http://www.autopano.net/wiki-en/action/ ... ur_offline

and neither through my website.

That's what I don't understand.

Could you try building the tour into a new target folder and then uploading the tour as-is - everything that PTP puts in the target folder when you build the tour - to a new directory/folder on your server and see if it works then.

no avatar
Bogdan
Member
 
Posts: 51
Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:36 pm

Re: No description on the image

by Bogdan » Sat May 17, 2014 10:03 am

mediavets wrote:
Bogdan wrote:When i see the tour offline using the View last build tour button is working perfect.

OK.

But it's not working if i use the .html file from my computer

That's understandable. Some features in PTP 2.x won't work unless the tour is delivered via a web server because of browser security features. When you view oflline using the View last built tour button the tour is delivered via a lightweight built-in web server.

http://www.autopano.net/wiki-en/action/ ... ur_offline

and neither through my website.

That's what I don't understand.

Could you try building the tour into a new target folder and then uploading the tour as-is - everything that PTP puts in the target folder when you build the tour - to a new directory/folder on your server and see if it works then.

I've already did it. No results. The same issue

no avatar
mediavets
Moderator
 
Posts: 14288
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2007 2:12 pm
Location: Isleham, Cambridgeshire, UK.

Re: No description on the image

by mediavets » Sat May 17, 2014 10:43 am

I made a simple test and it works for me.

See: http://www.islehamchurch.org.uk/zootest/

Click on the koala and jellyfish images to display the hotspot description(s).

Screenshots below show the configuration of the Picture hotspot style and Description plugin and Hotspot properties.
Attachments
1-ptp21-picture-description.jpg
2-ptp21-picture-description.jpg
3-ptp21-picture-description.jpg


Return to Panotour bugs & discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests