2 weeks project erase  

This forum is fully dedicated to Panotour / Panotour Pro bug reports as well as feature discussion.
timographie

2 weeks project erase

by timographie » Tue May 13, 2014 7:14 pm

I was working since 2 weeks on a virtual tour with PanoTour Pro 2.1
I was just finishing it when my computer inform me that PTP was asking too much memory.
So I saved it again (as every 5 minutes) and PanoTour became blocked.
I was obliged to force the closing.
Then, I tried to open again the .kpt file of my project and everything is EMPTY !!!! The .kpt file size is 0 Ko?
I already forced PanoTour to quit and my project opened well with the last saved version.

The .cache file size is still around 200 Mo
PLEASE, is there a way to open my project again?

no avatar
HansKeesom

Re: 2 weeks project erase

by HansKeesom » Tue May 13, 2014 8:05 pm

timographie wrote:I was working since 2 weeks on a virtual tour with PanoTour Pro 2.1
I was just finishing it when my computer inform me that PTP was asking too much memory.
So I saved it again (as every 5 minutes) and PanoTour became blocked.
I was obliged to force the closing.
Then, I tried to open again the .kpt file of my project and everything is EMPTY !!!! The .kpt file size is 0 Ko?
I already forced PanoTour to quit and my project opened well with the last saved version.

The .cache file size is still around 200 Mo
PLEASE, is there a way to open my project again?

first of all make a backup of all your files before trying anything.

When you did your 5 minute backup did you change the filename each time?

timographie

by timographie » Tue May 13, 2014 8:37 pm

No I always saved with the same file name, but I ll keep the idea for now

bdd
Kolor Team

by bdd » Wed May 14, 2014 10:59 am

Bonjour Timothée,

Non, si le fichier kpt est vide, il n'y a malheureusement rien à faire pour récupérer le projet.

Quel que soit le programme, si l'OS indique qu'une application utilise trop de mémoire, la seule chose à faire est de killer ce programme. Toute opération, et en particulier une opération de sauvegarde, va forcément utiliser encore un peu plus de mémoire. Donc c'est la première opération à éviter.
Dans ton cas, Panotour a du avoir le temps d'ouvrir le fichier projet, puis ensuite a tenter d'allouer de la mémoire supplémentaire pour effectuer la sauvegarde , mais l'OS l'en a empêché. D’où le fichier kpt vide.

Gérald

timographie

by timographie » Wed May 14, 2014 11:48 am

Merci pour ces infos Gérald
C est bien ce que je me disais, c est un peu sévère surtout quand on touche au but.
Je sauvegarderais désormais une version chaque jour pour éviter de repartir de zéro.

Destiny

by Destiny » Wed May 14, 2014 12:11 pm

ขอโทษ แต่ฉันไม่ชอบที่จะไปจากภาษาอังกฤษเป็นภาษาฝรั่งเศส .. ฉันรู้สึกซ้ายออก ..

Destiny...

bdd
Kolor Team

by bdd » Wed May 14, 2014 12:47 pm

Destiny wrote:ขอโทษ แต่ฉันไม่ชอบที่จะไปจากภาษาอังกฤษเป็นภาษาฝรั่งเศส .. ฉันรู้สึกซ้ายออก ..

Destiny...

Sorry Destiny,

As Timothée is a well known french photographer, I thought it was more simple to answer his question in French.

I said that as soon as the system tells you that a software, whatever the software, is exceeding the memory usage, you should kill the session of this software.
A save action, uses a lot of memory, so it is a bad idea to try to save a project when this message appears.
In Timothée case, Panotour had just time to open the kpt file, and then the system refused to allocate memory for the save action. That's why the file is empty.

Gérald

Destiny

by Destiny » Thu May 15, 2014 8:50 am

Well I am a well known Thai Photographer so from now on I would like you to communicate with me in Thai... So I too will get the personal touch.. :lol:

Destiny..

Return to Panotour bugs & discussion