Image-stitching and virtual tour solutions My account Updates
It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:21 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: My list of bug reports
PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 10:16 pm 

So I've purchased Panotour Pro 2 to work on my project Setúbal on the Map (http://setubalonthemap.com/en) and during the process of creating the virtual tour with the software, I've come across a few issues that, seeing as I have very little programming experience, turned out to be very frustrating.

(I have since been working with the new release, 2.1, but I know for sure some of these issues have not been resolved yet)

- The so called "same ID" bug, which would give the same ID to various buttons, which resulted in buttons not showing up and wrongly assigned tooltips.
- Text inside the description resulted in glued together words. At first everything seems fine when you write in your text but if you go back to it later, it glued together words.
- I've only noticed this in version 2.1, but I'm pretty sure the software is building the tiles all over again when I load a project, when I've made absolutely no changes to the panorama and the tiles have already been built.
- Fullscreen option used to mess up the plugins (ex. panorama menu fails to show up and map doesn't open). At the time I even had to make the choice not to allow fullscreen in my virtual tour because of this. Has this been fixed?

Besides bugs, there are also features that I feel need to be implemented.

- When you change something in the software which only concerns certain changes in one or two .xml files, the software should only overwrite those specific .xml files. Most of the time I have to go into the code after the software created the files and it is much more work when I have to change all the .xml files instead of just one, when I only needed the software to make one small change. Also, if this were implemented, it should display a list of files in which it made changes. Sometimes it isn't obvious where changes are made.
- The way the .xml files are organized in PT2, it seems to me it creates the possibility of multilanguage virtual tours (ex. virtualtour_messages_en.xml, virtualtour_messages_pt.xml, etc), but inside the software, you can't assign an action that changes the language of the tour. Wouldn't that be nice?

A big thanks to the developers for their continuous work in creating the best virtual tour software available. Hopefully this helps you somehow.

Maartje

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 9:28 am 
Administrator

maartje.vens wrote:
(I have since been working with the new release, 2.1, but I know for sure some of these issues have not been resolved yet)

- The so called "same ID" bug, which would give the same ID to various buttons, which resulted in buttons not showing up and wrongly assigned tooltips.

You still have this bug with the 2.1 version?
Really strange.
You are not able to add a button even when loading your tour with the 2.1 version.
Can you send us your project file, the kpt file, once saved with the 2.1 version.
You can send it to contact@kolor.com, indicate in your mail that the project file is for me.

maartje.vens wrote:
- Text inside the description resulted in glued together words. At first everything seems fine when you write in your text but if you go back to it later, it glued together words.

On which OS are you working, and which version of this OS?
When we'll have your project file, we will try to reproduce the bug. And we will see if it is due to the content of the description and/or to the loaded fonts. Et...

maartje.vens wrote:
- I've only noticed this in version 2.1, but I'm pretty sure the software is building the tiles all over again when I load a project, when I've made absolutely no changes to the panorama and the tiles have already been built.

Did you save your tour after the build in the 2.1 version ?
Do you have a .cache file generated near the kpt file ?
When you re-load a 2.1 saved project, are your panorama loaded in Full Resolution or in Low Resolution ?

maartje.vens wrote:
- Fullscreen option used to mess up the plugins (ex. panorama menu fails to show up and map doesn't open). At the time I even had to make the choice not to allow fullscreen in my virtual tour because of this. Has this been fixed?

I checked your tour, and I do not reproduce this bug. The map is correctly opened and the panorama menu too when the tour is fulllscreened.
On which browser do you see this bug ? All browsers, or a specific one ?

maartje.vens wrote:

- When you change something in the software which only concerns certain changes in one or two .xml files, the software should only overwrite those specific .xml files. Most of the time I have to go into the code after the software created the files and it is much more work when I have to change all the .xml files instead of just one, when I only needed the software to make one small change. Also, if this were implemented, it should display a list of files in which it made changes. Sometimes it isn't obvious where changes are made.

We added this request in our request list.
It is not a so easy task, but we will manage to do it.

maartje.vens wrote:
- The way the .xml files are organized in PT2, it seems to me it creates the possibility of multilanguage virtual tours (ex. virtualtour_messages_en.xml, virtualtour_messages_pt.xml, etc), but inside the software, you can't assign an action that changes the language of the tour. Wouldn't that be nice?

Currently we do not provide this feature through the GUI, because all our plugins do not react to language change.
For example, in your "Setubal On Map" tour, the Panorama Menu cannot be updated on a language change.
All tooltips can be updated dynamically.

As soon as all our plugins are able to react dynamically to a language change, we will add this feature in PTP.

Here is a tour done with PTP plus some extra coding, that manage a change of language.
As you see all tooltips are changing when the language changes : http://www.360tourview.com/tours/bbmass ... /bbmassari

Gérald

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 2:18 am 

bdd wrote:
maartje.vens wrote:

You still have this bug with the 2.1 version?
Really strange.
You are not able to add a button even when loading your tour with the 2.1 version.
Can you send us your project file, the kpt file, once saved with the 2.1 version.
You can send it to contact@kolor.com, indicate in your mail that the project file is for me.

It is very possible that 2.1 solved this. I decided to include this bug in the list because I've only recently updated to 2.1 and I haven't yet been able to test this bug. I will get back to you with this when I can.

bdd wrote:
maartje.vens wrote:

When we'll have your project file, we will try to reproduce the bug. And we will see if it is due to the content of the description and/or to the loaded fonts. Et...

Windows 7, Home Basic. I'm sure it's in the program, because I edit the text in Word and then copy it into the description box. Only when I go to another panorama, and then go back, I notice the letters glued together. And this happens every time without exception.

bdd wrote:
maartje.vens wrote:

When you re-load a 2.1 saved project, are your panorama loaded in Full Resolution or in Low Resolution ?

I've built and saved the files with 2.1 version. It does create a .cache file. When I re-load a 2.1 saved project... I'm not sure how to know if it is loaded in full resolution or low resolution? That is in regards to viewing of the panorama inside the GUI?

bdd wrote:
maartje.vens wrote:

I checked your tour, and I do not reproduce this bug. The map is correctly opened and the panorama menu too when the tour is fulllscreened.
On which browser do you see this bug ? All browsers, or a specific one ?

Yes, you are right. I do believe this does not happen anymore. I decided to mention it because it was something that I noticed during the previous version, and for some reason stopped happening before updating. So I didn't understand how this problem got solved without an update. But good, good =)

bdd wrote:
maartje.vens wrote:

We added this request in our request list.
It is not a so easy task, but we will manage to do it.

I'm looking forward to it!

bdd wrote:
maartje.vens wrote:

Currently we do not provide this feature through the GUI, because all our plugins do not react to language change.
For example, in your "Setubal On Map" tour, the Panorama Menu cannot be updated on a language change.
All tooltips can be updated dynamically.

As soon as all our plugins are able to react dynamically to a language change, we will add this feature in PTP.

Here is a tour done with PTP plus some extra coding, that manage a change of language.
As you see all tooltips are changing when the language changes : http://www.360tourview.com/tours/bbmass ... /bbmassari

Gérald

Oh! It is interesting how nicely it works when only the tooltips change language. Nice to know it is possible, even if not in my case because of the panorama menu.

Thank you for addressing the issues!

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 12:04 pm 
Administrator

maartje.vens wrote:
bdd wrote:
maartje.vens wrote:

Windows 7, Home Basic. I'm sure it's in the program, because I edit the text in Word and then copy it into the description box. Only when I go to another panorama, and then go back, I notice the letters glued together. And this happens every time without exception.

Is it possible for you to send me (contact@kolor.com), the word file you copied into the desciption field ?
May be the glued effect comes from a word tag that is badly managed in this field.
I will check it.

maartje.vens wrote:
bdd wrote:
maartje.vens wrote:

I've built and saved the files with 2.1 version. It does create a .cache file. When I re-load a 2.1 saved project... I'm not sure how to know if it is loaded in full resolution or low resolution? That is in regards to viewing of the panorama inside the GUI?

Just select a panorama once the project is opened in Panotour, and then look at the hotspot editor.
If the panorama is loaded in Low Resolution, a big button appears over it.

http://www.autopano.net/wiki-en/action/ ... RESOLUTION

Gérald