Image-stitching and virtual tour solutions My account Updates
It is currently Fri Sep 19, 2014 12:49 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: Standalone virtualtour
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:59 pm 

Hi,
I need to build a standalone project based on krpano, a virtual tour with some features like maps, embedded videos. I need this project to be downloaded and used even offline, I need to build an exe/app file or a chrome app. Is it possible to do this with Panotour / Panotour Pro?

Thanks

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:56 pm 

L'inge wrote:
Hi,
I need to build a standalone project based on krpano, a virtual tour with some features like maps, embedded videos. I need this project to be downloaded and used even offline, I need to build an exe/app file or a chrome app. Is it possible to do this with Panotour / Panotour Pro?

Thanks

Yes. panotour generates a index.html and a number of subdirectories. Do you want me to send you a project as an example?
you don't need to build an exe, there are I believe other ways to autostart a html-file

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 3:38 am 

I have some customers who have similar requirements for a standalone tour. I normally can deliver them a zipped folder with the html file and accompanying folders and subdirectories. but I'm starting to see a problem when it comes to including pop up videos or pop up object vr files. it looks like I can't include those the same way. those need to be hosted online. is this true? or is there a way around this? I know this is going to be a problem for me sooner or later.

I'm thinking the problem has to do with the pop up viewer and how it pulls the media? is there a different pop up viewer that will let me view local files, without the need for them to be web-hosted?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:10 am 

HansKeesom wrote:
Yes. panotour generates a index.html and a number of subdirectories. Do you want me to send you a project as an example?
you don't need to build an exe, there are I believe other ways to autostart a html-file

Yes please, it would be great, I'll send you my e-mail address in PM.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 3:40 pm 

Jeremiahscott wrote:
I have some customers who have similar requirements for a standalone tour. I normally can deliver them a zipped folder with the html file and accompanying folders and subdirectories. but I'm starting to see a problem when it comes to including pop up videos or pop up object vr files. it looks like I can't include those the same way. those need to be hosted online. is this true? or is there a way around this? I know this is going to be a problem for me sooner or later.

I'm thinking the problem has to do with the pop up viewer and how it pulls the media? is there a different pop up viewer that will let me view local files, without the need for them to be web-hosted?

I am having a similar issue with needing a stand-alone 'app' like project, mainly for mobile devices. I haven't figured out a way to have a "local-host" on iOS/Android for offline viewing of the files. Is there a simple way to package and deliver the tour folder/html file so that it can be downloaded to a phone/tablet and run offline?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:33 am 

A task is opened on this problem to make something easier to use in these conditions.