Standalone virtualtour  

This forum is fully dedicated to Panotour / Panotour Pro bug reports as well as feature discussion.
no avatar
L'inge

Standalone virtualtour

by L'inge » Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:59 pm

Hi,
I need to build a standalone project based on krpano, a virtual tour with some features like maps, embedded videos. I need this project to be downloaded and used even offline, I need to build an exe/app file or a chrome app. Is it possible to do this with Panotour / Panotour Pro?

Thanks

no avatar
HansKeesom

Re: Standalone virtualtour

by HansKeesom » Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:56 pm

L'inge wrote:Hi,
I need to build a standalone project based on krpano, a virtual tour with some features like maps, embedded videos. I need this project to be downloaded and used even offline, I need to build an exe/app file or a chrome app. Is it possible to do this with Panotour / Panotour Pro?

Thanks

Yes. panotour generates a index.html and a number of subdirectories. Do you want me to send you a project as an example?
you don't need to build an exe, there are I believe other ways to autostart a html-file
Regards, Hans Keesom
I stitch and render for other photographers. Price: 25 euro or less, no cure no pay. If you want to concentrate on your business let me do the stitching for you. Free TB of Dropbox space when you have more then 250 euro business a year.

no avatar
Jeremiahscott

by Jeremiahscott » Wed Mar 19, 2014 3:38 am

I have some customers who have similar requirements for a standalone tour. I normally can deliver them a zipped folder with the html file and accompanying folders and subdirectories. but I'm starting to see a problem when it comes to including pop up videos or pop up object vr files. it looks like I can't include those the same way. those need to be hosted online. is this true? or is there a way around this? I know this is going to be a problem for me sooner or later.

I'm thinking the problem has to do with the pop up viewer and how it pulls the media? is there a different pop up viewer that will let me view local files, without the need for them to be web-hosted?

no avatar
L'inge

by L'inge » Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:10 am

HansKeesom wrote:Yes. panotour generates a index.html and a number of subdirectories. Do you want me to send you a project as an example?
you don't need to build an exe, there are I believe other ways to autostart a html-file

Yes please, it would be great, I'll send you my e-mail address in PM.

no avatar
R_NPS

by R_NPS » Tue Mar 25, 2014 3:40 pm

Jeremiahscott wrote:I have some customers who have similar requirements for a standalone tour. I normally can deliver them a zipped folder with the html file and accompanying folders and subdirectories. but I'm starting to see a problem when it comes to including pop up videos or pop up object vr files. it looks like I can't include those the same way. those need to be hosted online. is this true? or is there a way around this? I know this is going to be a problem for me sooner or later.

I'm thinking the problem has to do with the pop up viewer and how it pulls the media? is there a different pop up viewer that will let me view local files, without the need for them to be web-hosted?

I am having a similar issue with needing a stand-alone 'app' like project, mainly for mobile devices. I haven't figured out a way to have a "local-host" on iOS/Android for offline viewing of the files. Is there a simple way to package and deliver the tour folder/html file so that it can be downloaded to a phone/tablet and run offline?

benji33
Kolor Team

by benji33 » Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:33 am

A task is opened on this problem to make something easier to use in these conditions.

Return to Panotour bugs & discussion