Image-stitching and virtual tour solutions My account Updates
It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:46 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:50 pm 

Hi,
I am looking all around in PTPv2 but apparently there is no option to resize the cube faces as we could in PTPv1.8 or no option to individually adjust the jpg compression for each pano in a tour? I generally process my equis to max resolution as shot and then resize as needed in PTP. Very easy to come up with tour sizes as needed. NOW that is not an option. Holy Cow I would think that would be one of the first features that would be retained from the old version. Apparently I have to go back out and individually resize the equis before import into PTPv2. This is essentially a deal breaker for me using this version. PLEASE tell me that this ability is coming back soon. Also in is vital to be able to individually control the jpg compression of each pano and not the project as a whole. This is basic and necessary to keep maximum control of the final tour size and quality.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:43 pm 

panomano wrote:
Hi,
I am looking all around in PTPv2 but apparently there is no option to resize the cube faces as we could in PTPv1.8 or no option to individually adjust the jpg compression for each pano in a tour? I generally process my equis to max resolution as shot and then resize as needed in PTP. Very easy to come up with tour sizes as needed. NOW that is not an option. Holy Cow I would think that would be one of the first features that would be retained from the old version. Apparently I have to go back out and individually resize the equis before import into PTPv2. This is essentially a deal breaker for me using this version.

Is it really so difficult to resize equis, that it is a 'deal breaker'?

Quote:
PLEASE tell me that this ability is coming back soon. Also in is vital to be able to individually control the jpg compression of each pano and not the project as a whole. This is basic and necessary to keep maximum control of the final tour size and quality.

Why does tour size matter so much to you?

Do you not use multi-res.?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:14 am 
Administrator

Look after this post : http://www.kolor.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=91&t=21251 Thanks for report.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 7:49 pm 

OK It is not explicit but if I read between the lines you are saying these options will be restored in an upcoming version? Or that is not what you are saying. These functions certainly can't be done automatically. Individual panos need to have ability to adjust individual jpg settings not a global one. More importantly, the ability to resize cube faces is critical especially for large tours. I am working on one with 48 panoramas. At 15000 px equirects times 48 that ends up with a tour around 700MB. That is ridiculous that I would want to go and resize all 48 panoramas to get the tour size smaller. Then resize them again if I need to make further adjustments. I prefer to load the full size equirects and have the software resize as needed for possible different purposes. Not all panos need to be rendered at the maximum size available from the equirects even if "multi-resolution" is used

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:18 pm 

panomano wrote:
OK It is not explicit but if I read between the lines you are saying these options will be restored in an upcoming version? Or that is not what you are saying.

That's what he's saying.

Quote:
These functions certainly can't be done automatically. Individual panos need to have ability to adjust individual jpg settings not a global one. More importantly, the ability to resize cube faces is critical especially for large tours. I am working on one with 48 panoramas. At 15000 px equirects times 48 that ends up with a tour around 700MB.

Is 700MB so large?

Quote:
That is ridiculous that I would want to go and resize all 48 panoramas to get the tour size smaller. Then resize them again if I need to make further adjustments. I prefer to load the full size equirects and have the software resize as needed for possible different purposes. Not all panos need to be rendered at the maximum size available from the equirects even if "multi-resolution" is used

Not sure he's suggesting that you will be able to downsize and set JPEG quality on a per pano basis though.

Would it not in any case be better to use a dedicated graphics program to perform these tasks?