Livepano problems  

This forum is fully dedicated to Panotour / Panotour Pro bug reports as well as feature discussion.
no avatar
duncanc

Livepano problems

by duncanc » Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:29 pm

Whilst I am a big fan of the work you are doing with panotour I am more than a little disappointed with Livepano.

In the hotspot crop section there is no image, so you are cropping a blank box and guessing how big it should be.

In the mask area section you can't close the path of the selection box.

The resolution of the output video is horrible. I start of with a video of 1920x1080 and end up with a default "high" video of 616x464 and a "low" video of 616x464......umm nothing terribly high about that?!? Also why can't I control the output video resolution?

I was really hoping that this add on would be a solution to a project I need to work on but instead I am now feeling I have spent €199 on a bit of software which is almost completely useless to me.

no avatar
Xander Berkenhagen

Re: Livepano problems

by Xander Berkenhagen » Sat Mar 08, 2014 12:25 pm

Hi Duncan,

The problem whit the picture can be solved by zooming in or out. I had that problem also before.
Then you see your frame... But ideal no. I mis zooming in to the right detail level.

About the quality of the video you are right. We shoot in HD. 1920x1080... If we cut in that it will go done.
You could maybe use 4K video on this.... but I don't know if the software can use this.

And you need to buy a 4K camera, only one affordable is the panasonic GH4. But then you probably will have problems stitching cause you will use another lens.... And I think the stitching of the frame and pano could be easier...

Regards,

Xander

no avatar
xavsio4

by xavsio4 » Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:03 pm

Panotour Pro V2.0.1 64bits

Livepano problem.

Hello,
I've read and followed the procedure to include a live pano video I shot during the panorama shooting (same angle as one of the photo to be stiched). I then extracted a snapshot of the movie which I included in the source photos for the panorama. I rendered the panorama and included it into panotour. I've started the livepano import. I can choose the video extracted photo which is in the pano file. The problem is in step 3 of the procedure, where I should be able to preview the placement of the hotspot. But I see nothing but a yellow square and a grey background. The video is in H.264 (1920x1080) format and can be read without any problem using quicktime.

Where do you zoom in that step ?

ygilquin
Kolor Team

by ygilquin » Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:02 pm

If no frame is displayed in third screen, you must have some trouble with video codec. To find a solution, please read My LivePano does not play properly topic in Panotour 2.0 FAQ here: http://www.autopano.net/wiki-en/action/view/Panotour_Pro_2_-_FAQ#LivePano

About rendered video size, LivePano uses planar projection with your input video, most of the times shot through a fisheye lens. Once projected, you are asked to crop to the useful area (screen 3). LivePano will render a video which size depends on the amount of pixels kept in the video. There is no quality reduction in the process.

Return to Panotour bugs & discussion