Crash with maps-plugin  

This forum is fully dedicated to Panotour / Panotour Pro bug reports as well as feature discussion.
no avatar
Destiny

Liked in: 228 posts
Info

Re: Crash with maps-plugin

by Destiny » Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:07 pm

I added a Geo Map to ONE pano in a Tour, it needs the Map Plugin to work.. Now I would expect that ONLY the pano that I attached the Geo Map to would show a map in the Tour.. Not so.. Its on the entire Tour.. The Map Hotspot is a default one, not taken from the Spot Styles so users cannot change it.....

So the big question is.. Whats the real point in the Geo Map since it seems to cause more issues than its with.. If it only displayed in a single pano I could understand but it doesn't.. I cannot change the spot style. I cannot link map spots to other panos within the Tour.. So why would any one want to use it.. What is its real use or function of a Geo Map.. As soon as you add a Global map, which cannot be removed, that takes priority over the Geo Map.. I don not get it.. So now it does nothing..

Destiny..

no avatar
frank007

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

by frank007 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:09 pm

Let´s wait and see what Benji finds out....

no avatar
frank007

Topic author
Info

by frank007 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:11 pm

BTW... If I try to drag the hotspots, they double ;-) Huh!

ma3p-.png

no avatar
Destiny

Info

by Destiny » Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:14 pm

Using your Tour file I was able to drag the point Frank as long as you click on the Add Point icon first.. It needs to be active to remove Points.. I was able to drag them but unable to delete them..

Destiny..

add-point.jpg
add-point.jpg (23.07 KiB) Viewed 1966 times

frank007 wrote:thanks Benji,
give me a few minutes to upload it.

These hotspots are NOT dragable or deleteable:

The attachment map-.png is no longer available

no avatar
Destiny

Info

by Destiny » Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:16 pm

Perhaps send Benjamin the version that keeps creating on built with the Map plugin too...

Destiny..

frank007 wrote:Let´s wait and see what Benji finds out....

no avatar
mediavets

Liked in: 130 posts
Info

by mediavets » Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:17 pm

Destiny wrote:I added a Geo Map to ONE pano in a Tour, it needs the Map Plugin to work.. Now I would expect that ONLY the pano that I attached the Geo Map to would show a map in the Tour.. Not so.. Its on the entire Tour..

As you know plugins are tour-wide and never pano/scene-specific. This one is no different.

The Map Hotspot is a default one, not taken from the Spot Styles so users cannot change it.....
That is my experience too. And you cannot change the action assigned to it which is to display the pano/scene in whose properties it was specified. Nor AFAIK can you give it a tooltip.

So the big question is.. Whats the real point in the Geo Map since it seems to cause more issues than its with.. If it only displayed in a single pano I could understand but it doesn't.. I cannot change the spot style. I cannot link map spots to other panos within the Tour.. So why would any one want to use it.. What is its real use or function of a Geo Map.. As soon as you add a Global map, which cannot be removed, that takes priority over the Geo Map.. I don not get it.. So now it does nothing..

It offers the opportunity to place spots on the map automatically if your pano images have already have geolocation data in the headers.

But to be really useful spots placed in the is way should then be editable in the Hotspot map editor I think, and have all the features and attributes of the other type of map hotspot.

At present it just seems to be a bit of a mess.

no avatar
mediavets

Info

by mediavets » Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:19 pm

Destiny wrote:Using your Tour file I was able to drag the point Frank as long as you click on the Add Point icon first.. It needs to be active to remove Points.. I was able to drag them but unable to delete them..

Destiny..

The attachment add-point.jpg is no longer available

Which is irrational, inconsistent and completely counter-intuitive; the map spot editor needs a Select icon, which exists when editing other types of hotspot.
Attachments
1-ptp2rc1-select-hsedit.jpg

no avatar
Destiny

Info

by Destiny » Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:57 pm

Actually I have to correct myself on the default map points.. They do use the users point if its been added..

If I had four panos, and attached a Geo map of China to one pano and also added a Geo map of Brisbane to a second pano and then add a Global map to the Tour with with an address to Paris for example.. When I play the Tour.., the China map will display in the assigned pano, if the iron is in the Green and so will the Brisbane map display if its in the green when built.. The other two panos will show Paris.. If I put any of the other two pano icon in the red, they too will show Paris.. The map point is added automatically if in the green at the address or Longitude and Latitude provided.. The Globe map however, is a lot more flexible. You can zoom in on a town or road, add a point map spot and then link that map point to any pano.... If you link it to a pano with a Geo map, you lose that control over navigating using the map points..

If you have a pano with a Geo map, you cannot have a second map Tour map display.. I guess you might not want it to... Its all very confusing to be honest.. But I have to say once you understand what is happening its good. Must have been a nightmare for the programmer to work all that out..

I sill think its buggy though.. Particularly since Frank or myself, could not remove the point spots from his Tour.. The big question is, why did his entire Tour when using the Map Plugin become corrupt..

Destiny..

no avatar
mediavets

Info

by mediavets » Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:02 pm

Destiny wrote:Actually I have to correct myself on the default map points.. They do use the users point if its been added..

If the user has more than one non-defult map point style how can he/she assign any particular style to a blue (panorama geomap) point?

no avatar
Destiny

Info

by Destiny » Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:07 pm

Well that seems to be true Andrew.. Actually, I have no idea why, perhaps since I did not add a custom map spot, but it seems to default to a droplet type point spot, which is why I originally thought it did not change.. But it appears it does now. The question is.. If you have more than one which one does the Geo Map take it reference from and why...

Destiny...

mediavets wrote:
Destiny wrote:Actually I have to correct myself on the default map points.. They do use the users point if its been added..

If the user has more than one non-defult map point style how can he/she assign any particular style to a blue (panorama geomap) point?

no avatar
benji33
Kolor Team

Liked in: 199 posts
Info

by benji33 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:14 pm

Ok reproduced.

I've notice that into your kpt a lot of bugged map spots has been generated. Perhaps it's residual data due to old panorama with autogeolocation.
I've added a bug report for this problem.

Workaround :
a) if you click a spot + DEL many times and do the same for each spot, bad generated spots are removed from kpt. Save the project in a kpt file with a new name after that.
Exit Panotour (to refresh all saved data form UI) then open Panotour again and load this updated kpt file.
or
b) edit the kpt file to delete lines <spot ...>...</spot> into the <mapWeb ...>...</mapWeb> tag.
Exit Panotour (to refresh all saved data form UI) then open Panotour again and load this updated kpt file.
Benjamin

no avatar
frank007

Topic author
Info

by frank007 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:36 pm

Thank you Benji, can you send me the clean kpt file pls to my emailadress?

no avatar
frank007

Topic author
Info

by frank007 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:30 pm

Thank you all who helped me with this problem. Now I have the tour exported. Everything is ok now!!

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

no avatar
Destiny

Info

by Destiny » Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:02 am

Hey Benjiman.. The reason why you needed to press DEL many times is due to the fact, for some reason, there are about 5 or 6 map points on top of each other.. You can move them from each other.. The question is.. why did this happened..

Destiny...

Workaround :
a) if you click a spot + DEL many times and do the same for each spot,

no avatar
Destiny

Info

by Destiny » Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:20 am

Yes, this was a good Thread Frank with a lot of lessons learnt..

I feel very strongly that the Map feature needs more thought.. I think that the Geo Map feature needs to be located at the same location as the Global Map, whether it be on the main stage area or in the Tour Properties...

I also feel that the Geo Map icon Red/Green, once added should be abele to be removed to avoid confusion...

I also feel that BOTH Map types should be available in a singel Tour.. It might be a case that the Global map is used to show a State in Australia.. The Geo Map can be used for the phyical location within that Sate, a town etc, At the moment, if the Geo map is active it will not show a Global Map if there is a Global Map in the Tour.. So a pano has a map of the Town, using the Geo Map, but it can also open the Global map to see where that town is located within the State... If there there is no need for a pano to have a Geo map, then the Global Map can still be opened..

There should also be an option to place the Zoom value into the Geo Map same as the Global map, which is a great feature....

Important.. If the actual Map Plugin is removed, ALL data related to that plugin should also be removed..

Destiny..

frank007 wrote:Thank you all who helped me with this problem. Now I have the tour exported. Everything is ok now!!

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

no avatar
benji33
Kolor Team

Info

by benji33 » Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:11 am

Destiny wrote:Important.. If the actual Map Plugin is removed, ALL data related to that plugin should also be removed..

Personnaly, I'm not agree with this point.
In fact map points are like hotspot and so are data of the tour.
PanotourMaps is just a plugin over the tour and deal with data but doesn't host them.

For instance if you have added 100 map spots and remove plugin map accidentaly, in your case you lost the 100 map spots definitively and must do the work again.

Perhaps a confirmation popup which ask about map spots deletion will be the better way to clean plugin + data at the same time ?
Benjamin

no avatar
Destiny

Info

by Destiny » Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:33 am

... but if the Map plugin is corrupted for some reason and references to that plugin are retained, and you add the Plugin again as with Franks project.. All the Maps Points are back.. They need to be gone when a new plugin is added so the maps points can be added as required.. But as you stated before.. Keep pressing DEL to remove them.. but what if that plugin of some reason is corrupted .. It doesn't matter if it has a 100 Map Points if the entire Tour has to be rebuilt due to a corrupted plugin.. Besides, it would take too long to remove 100+ Map Points manually.. Better to kill it off and start again.. Better than rebuilding the entire Tour..

Destiny....

benji33 wrote:
Destiny wrote:Important.. If the actual Map Plugin is removed, ALL data related to that plugin should also be removed..

Personnaly, I'm not agree with this point.
In fact map points are like hotspot and so are data of the tour.
PanotourMaps is just a plugin over the tour and deal with data but doesn't host them.

For instance if you have added 100 map spots and remove plugin map accidentaly, in your case you lost the 100 map spots definitively and must do the work again.

Perhaps a confirmation popup which ask about map spots deletion will be the better way to clean plugin + data at the same time ?

no avatar
benji33
Kolor Team

Info

by benji33 » Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:40 am

I agree. But in this case it's not a plugin problem but a Panotour UI problem which has save many corrupted data for the spots. Report has been done to try to find the problem.
Benjamin

no avatar
Destiny

Info

by Destiny » Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:08 am

Arrr.. I see.. That makes sense.. It might be linked with the old bug issue with this.. where map points could not be removed. I have tried to reproduce this issue but its work great.

Destiny..

benji33 wrote:I agree. But in this case it's not a plugin problem but a Panotour UI problem which has save many corrupted data for the spots. Report has been done to try to find the problem.

Previous