Crash with maps-plugin  

This forum is fully dedicated to Panotour / Panotour Pro bug reports as well as feature discussion.
no avatar
frank007

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

Re: Crash with maps-plugin

by frank007 » Fri Jan 10, 2014 6:48 pm

uh yes my friend... it now costs me half of the day and one more to restore all the tour!

great KOLOR! (And no answer to any mail I sent!)

no avatar
mediavets

Liked in: 130 posts
Info

by mediavets » Fri Jan 10, 2014 6:55 pm

It must be very frustrating but pre-release software is never bug-free. I always try to remember to save my work frequently under a new name to get a clean build and then test view. Then, in theory anyway, you always have a working build to revert to if things go wrong.

But, there is something 'odd' about the Panotour maps plug-in.

It seems to retain settings.

I found that if I added a Panotour maps plugin and added hotspots, build the tour, and view - all OK, the map is displayed.

Delete the Panotour maps plugin and build the tour and view - all OK, the map has gone.

Add the Panotour maps plugin again, and in the Map hotspot editor it displays the hotspots and geolocation set previoulsy, it does not revert to the default settings.

Is that intentional or a bug, I wonder?
Last edited by mediavets on Fri Jan 10, 2014 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

no avatar
frank007

Topic author
Info

by frank007 » Fri Jan 10, 2014 6:58 pm

mediavets wrote:Delete the Panotour maps plugin and build the tour and view - all OK, the map has gone.

Add the Panotour maps plugin again, and in the Map hotspot editor it displays the hotspots and geolocation set previoulsy, it does not revert to the default settings.

I DID exactly THIS, but the hotspots where there again :-(

toooo sad!

no avatar
Destiny

Liked in: 228 posts
Info

by Destiny » Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:39 pm

Hey.. Its gets worse.. You have for some reason added heaps of map points in the same location... If I move them from off the top of each other, this is the true number of map spots you have.. I find it a bit puzzling that they cannot be removed.. This used to be an old bug.. Did you create your tour ONLY use RC1.... or did you begin with creating it using a different version..

I do not think that having Paris, FR makes any difference. I am sure you can either put in The town/city and state/county code like FR or.. you can add the Longitude and Latitude code numbers.. Same thing..

Anyway Frank, I sent you a working built version of your Tour.. No map, since the plugin is bugged.. You will need to zip that and send it to kolor.. There are a few more things I can try but I do not think its fixable..

I need to know how to remove that Map indicator spot on the pano.... I am sure if I can do that, then it will be working...

Destiny..

no avatar
Destiny

Info

by Destiny » Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:00 pm

Thats me done Frank.. Sorry.. Its truly bugged.. It might be something else that causing the issue. I have just remove that pano so the Map icon was removed with it.. I removed the Map plugin and added a new one with a new name.. I provided the Map reference to the location and those stupid Map points are back. I can add some and remove them but not yours.. I then try to build the Tour but it crashed... .. It was my hope that by removing that pano and getting rid of any links to it, and replacing the plugin, that all you would have to do is add hotspots to the replaced pano and link it. But its not to be... Its bugged.. ;(((

Destiny...

no avatar
frank007

Topic author
Info

by frank007 » Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:08 pm

thank you soooooo much for your effort. i Hope That the guys from Kolor will help.
best regards and best wishes
Frank

no avatar
Destiny

Info

by Destiny » Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:42 pm

Thats ok Frank.. I tested your API key code. Not a problem.. The map feature works too..

I added a button to open the map, I just hate the button feature... It really needs more advanced thought... Most buttons have three states.. Thats ok, there is the first mouse over state with a couple of options.. Thats fine.. But.. suppose I set my two state button to "Open Map" - "Close Map".. That seems fine.. As long as the Map is closed in the first place.. If I set my Map to start Tour OPEN, then I have to click on the button twice to get it to the second state.. It feels buggy to do that..

Also, oh yuck in the way the Map opens and closes.. very amateurish.. Its needs a nice transition.. Anyway.. Here is my test using your API key code..

http://www.destinyvirtualtours.com/PTPV ... stMap.html

Destiny..

no avatar
Destiny

Info

by Destiny » Sat Jan 11, 2014 2:18 am

The Map plugin needs a rethink...

You can add a Map using the glob icon in the main stage area by clicking on it, but you need to add the Map plugin for it to work. You can use this Map option to link your Tour via the Pano Names and set a zoom level.. You can add a map point spot to act as navigation using the Map.. The point spots will default to look like droplets as you place them, but they will change to what you have in your Spot Styles when you build your Tour.. All parameters of your Map are in the Styles Map Plugin ..

The second option allows you to add a Map to a single Pano within the Tour.. You can add different Maps for each pano. You cannot set the Zoom level and you cannot link your Tour using the Map Point Spots using this option...

You cannot have both options. Which is a Shame.. You should be able to add a Global Map to a Tour as well as a Pano Map., but it doesn't seem possible..

Once you add a Map and decide you want to change it, you will need to remove the Plugin and re-add it to start again..

Destiny..
Attachments
AddingAMap.jpg

no avatar
frank007

Topic author
Info

by frank007 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:10 am

Hi Folks,
sorry I was off this weekend. Thank you once again for your great help and answers! I will rebuilt the whole tour. I think this is faster then searching for the answer to the problem. I hope Kolor reads this topic.
best regards from Germany!
Frank

no avatar
benji33
Kolor Team

Liked in: 199 posts
Info

by benji33 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:22 am

mediavets wrote:I found that if I added a Panotour maps plugin and added hotspots, build the tour, and view - all OK, the map is displayed.

Delete the Panotour maps plugin and build the tour and view - all OK, the map has gone.

Is that intentional or a bug, I wonder?

This is normal. Spots exists and plugin instance doesn't impact data but only display them. When plugin is removed, geolocation data always exists.
Benjamin

no avatar
frank007

Topic author
Info

by frank007 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:23 am

yes Benjamin, but there is NO chance to remove the hotspots on the map. Even not after deleting the map plugin in my tour.

no avatar
benji33
Kolor Team

Info

by benji33 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:36 am

Destiny wrote:You cannot have both options. Which is a Shame.. You should be able to add a Global Map to a Tour as well as a Pano Map., but it doesn't seem possible..

Once you add a Map and decide you want to change it, you will need to remove the Plugin and re-add it to start again..

I don't understand your workflow.

1) Global map give you the ability to add map spots (spots are red for active spot, green for others spots).
2) And panorama geolocation map give you the ability to place a single panorama on the global map. Once done, the geolocalized panorama can't be removed from the global map. These spots are blue on the Global map and can't be removed via DEL key or right click.
The only way to remove it is to uncheck the "Generate an hotspot automatically" (on panorama properties) or click on the green icon on the bottom left of the panorama thumbnail displayed into the tour workspace (which do the same action).
Benjamin

no avatar
benji33
Kolor Team

Info

by benji33 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:37 am

frank007 wrote:yes Benjamin, but there is NO chance to remove the hotspots on the map. Even not after deleting the map plugin in my tour.

Blue spots on the global map ? If yes look to this post : viewtopic.php?f=92&t=21058&p=134671#p134670
Benjamin

no avatar
mediavets

Info

by mediavets » Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:03 am

benji33 wrote:
Destiny wrote:You cannot have both options. Which is a Shame.. You should be able to add a Global Map to a Tour as well as a Pano Map., but it doesn't seem possible..

1) Global map give you the ability to add map spots (spots are red for active spot, green for others spots).
2) And panorama geolocation map give you the ability to place a single panorama on the global map. Once done, the geolocalized panorama can't be removed from the global map. These spots are blue on the Global map and can't be removed via DEL key or right click.
The only way to remove it is to uncheck the "Generate an hotspot automatically" (on panorama properties) or click on the green icon on the bottom left of the panorama thumbnail displayed into the tour workspace (which do the same action).

This all seems rather counter-intuitive to me.

Should there not be one way to remove spots from the map, or at least (also) allow blue spots to be removed by DEL key or right-click on the Global map?

no avatar
Destiny

Info

by Destiny » Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:21 am

I understand 1). Thats not the issue...

However, 2) is an issue.. You can not have both the Geolocation map and the Global map in a Tour.. If you can, how can you view it... That little icon to show that a Geo Map has been added is confusing.. Red shows it inactive and Green shows its active.. So what. :rolleyes: Once it inactive then the Global map will work.... but not both at the same time.. So, I am assuming that the Global map take priority..

Now comes more issues.. If I remove the Map plugin, in the hope to remove the map and all its past map spots and any other information/data, then add the Map plugin again, then provide the same Longitude and Latitude, the same Map spots are back.. They cannot be removed.. This was an old bug but I thought it has been resolved.. But in the case of Franks project, he has a map spot on top of a map spot not top of a map spot and so on.. None of which can be removed.. Something has been corrupted.. I can add a new map spot and remove it.. but not the old ones.. When removing a plugin, all embedded data should be removed with it.. At the moment its all retains so are the corrupted files.. In the case of Franks project its the Map Plugin that has been corrupted... I can remove it and build the Tour and it all works fine.. I can save as a new name and close PTP and reopen my own version.. But as soon as I add the Map Plugin.. all the old data is retained and so are the corrupted files..

In my view, if either or Geo or Global maps can be used, then once either or have been added then it should be made inactive until one or the other is made inactive or removed...

Destiny..

benji33 wrote:I don't understand your workflow.

no avatar
mediavets

Info

by mediavets » Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:35 am

Destiny wrote:I understand 1). Thats not the issue...

However, 2) is an issue.. You can not have both the Geolocation map and the Global map in a Tour.. If you can, how can you view it... That little icon to show that a Geo Map has been added is confusing.. Red shows it inactive and Green shows its active.. So what. :rolleyes: Once it inactive then the Global map will work.... but not both at the same time.. So, I am assuming that the Global map take priority..

I think the geolocation feature in Panorama properties is merely a different way of adding spots to a single map?

Now comes more issues.. If I remove the Map plugin, in the hope to remove the map and all its past map spots and any other information/data, then add the Map plugin again, then provide the same Longitude and Latitude, the same Map spots are back.. They cannot be removed.. This was an old bug but I thought it has been resolved.. But in the case of Franks project, he has a map spot on top of a map spot not top of a map spot and so on.. None of which can be removed.. Something has been corrupted.. I can add a new map spot and remove it.. but not the old ones.. When removing a plugin, all embedded data should be removed with it.. At the moment its all retains so are the corrupted files.. In the case of Franks project its the Map Plugin that has been corrupted... I can remove it and build the Tour and it all works fine.. I can save as a new name and close PTP and reopen my own version.. But as soon as I add the Map Plugin.. all the old data is retained and so are the corrupted files..

This describes my experience too.

no avatar
Destiny

Info

by Destiny » Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:05 pm

"I think the geolocation feature in Panorama properties is merely a different way of adding spots to a single map?"

Not really... The Geo Map is Pano Specific where as the Global is just that.. A Global Map for the entire Tour where map spots can be added to use to goto a pano within the Tour.. You can click on the Map Spot and then go to the 3D view and select the Pano its linked to which is great.. I have no issues with the Global map. You cannot have both types of map in a Tour.. I just think the Map feature needs a rethink.. The Geo option should be next to the Global icon on the main window.. The issue I have, if I wanted to put a single Geo map on one pano in my Tour.. that cuts me out if I wanted to put a Global map of the entire Tour since you cannot have both.. You cannot add two Map plugins.. One for Geo and one for Global.. As for that little icon. It should be able to be removed to remove confusion. Also, If a Map Plugin is totally removed and a new one added with a new name, then ALL data from the previous map plugin should be removed... If Frank had a Tour with 30 + panos in it. wow. what a lot of work just to add the map back since his only option is to start again all because the map plugin data is retained..

Destiny..

no avatar
mediavets

Info

by mediavets » Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:17 pm

benji33 wrote:

Benji,

Can you please explain what these right-click options do?
Attachments
1-ptp2-panomap-options.jpg
2-ptp2-panomap-options.jpg

no avatar
frank007

Topic author
Info

by frank007 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:27 pm

once again... it is not possible to delete the hotspots on the map. neather with the checkbox nor without

no avatar
mediavets

Info

by mediavets » Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:41 pm

Destiny wrote:"I think the geolocation feature in Panorama properties is merely a different way of adding spots to a single map?"

Not really... The Geo Map is Pano Specific where as the Global is just that.. A Global Map for the entire Tour where map spots can be added to use to goto a pano within the Tour.. You can click on the Map Spot and then go to the 3D view and select the Pano its linked to which is great.. I have no issues with the Global map. You cannot have both types of map in a Tour.. I just think the Map feature needs a rethink.. The Geo option should be next to the Global icon on the main window.. The issue I have, if I wanted to put a single Geo map on one pano in my Tour.. that cuts me out if I wanted to put a Global map of the entire Tour since you cannot have both.. You cannot add two Map plugins.. One for Geo and one for Global.. As for that little icon. It should be able to be removed to remove confusion. Also, If a Map Plugin is totally removed and a new one added with a new name, then ALL data from the previous map plugin should be removed... If Frank had a Tour with 30 + panos in it. wow. what a lot of work just to add the map back since his only option is to start again all because the map plugin data is retained..

Destiny..

There is only one sort of Panotour maps plugin, which is single instance plugin.

But you can place spots on the map in two ways it seems.

You can use the map spot editor - these spots display green, or red when selected, in the Map spot editor.

Or you can use geolocation with automatic spot generation in panorama properties, these spots display blue in the Map spot editor.

Both types of spot will appear on the map (both in the Map spot editor and when the tour is viewed) but you seem to have no control over the appearance of a spot automatically generated by geolocation panorama properties - the blue spots - which seems to automatically adopt the default map spot style, and this type of spot merely switches to its related pano, it seems it cannot be edited in the Map hotspot editor and it doesn't appear to offer a tool tip option.
Attachments
1-ptp2-mapspots.jpg
2-ptp2-mapspots.jpg

no avatar
Destiny

Info

by Destiny » Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:47 pm

Ist that with a newly built Tour Frank...

Destiny..

frank007 wrote:once again... it is not possible to delete the hotspots on the map. neather with the checkbox nor without

no avatar
mediavets

Info

by mediavets » Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:51 pm

frank007 wrote:once again... it is not possible to delete the hotspots on the map. neather with the checkbox nor without

I can do it.

What type of spots are you trying to get rid of?

Green spots placed with the Hotspot map editor, or blue spots placed with the geolocation option in Panorama properties?
Attachments
1-ptp2rc1-mapspots-remove.jpg
2-ptp2rc1-mapspots-remove.jpg

no avatar
frank007

Topic author
Info

by frank007 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:58 pm

The green ones. If you like I will sent you the project via dropbox.

no avatar
benji33
Kolor Team

Info

by benji33 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:01 pm

Yes Franck if possible to send the project I'll have a look (and the KPT file). Thanks, benjamin
contact@kolor.com
(for benjamin)
Benjamin

no avatar
frank007

Topic author
Info

by frank007 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:06 pm

thanks Benji,
give me a few minutes to upload it.