Image-stitching and virtual tour solutions My account Updates
It is currently Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:58 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: Floor Plan Plugin
PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 12:38 am 

Issues with the floor plan Plug-in… RC1

Once you add a floor plan image, you have to always have one.. There is NO option to remove the floor plan graphic entirely via the UI….

You can remove the pano from a Group but as soon as you embed it back into a Group, the floor plan graphic is back.

You can deactivate the floor plan from all panos by removing the Plug-in from the Styles tab, but as soon as you put the Plug-in back, the floor plan images are back, whether you want them or not..

You need to embed the pano into a Group to attached a floor plan, however if you remove the pano from a Group, that floor plan graphic is still there when you build the Tour, you cannot remove it via the UI… Basically, you now have a pano outside of a Group, however it still shows the floor plan when you build your Tour....

If you have say, 3 individual panos in your Tour, and you only embed two of the panos into a Group on their own, then add floor plan images to those two panos, then build the Tour, the first tab will show, Undefined…

Destiny...

Post subject: Re: Floor Plan Plugin
PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 8:25 am 

Destiny wrote:
Issues with the floor plan Plug-in… RC1

Once you add a floor plan image, you have to always have one.. There is NO option to remove the floor plan graphic entirely via the UI….

http://www.autopano.net/wiki-en/action/ ... Floor_Plan

This "image chooser" will be enhanced, to show explicitly the "remove" option.
In the current version, only the "tooltip" over the button (and the documentaion) explains how to remove it.

Gérald

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 9:08 am 

Ha.. that was like one of those secrete mens handshakes.. Easy when you know how.. But oh so hard when you don't know.. :rolleyes:

A multitude of issues fixed with a "Shift"

Thank you Gérald ;)

Destiny..

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 5:15 am 

Ok... The last comment I made above was the first map tab shows 'Undefined'... Is this a bug or how I have done it.. I only put the map on two of the test panos..

http://www.destinyvirtualtours.com/PTPV ... fTest.html

Destiny..

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:55 pm 

Destiny wrote:
Ok... The last comment I made above was the first map tab shows 'Undefined'... Is this a bug or how I have done it.. I only put the map on two of the test panos..

Do you have the FloorPlan RC1patch installed ?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:09 pm 

Yes Benjimen, I did that soon after you posted the links...
I am sure it never used to do this.. I will have to check on older floor plan files..

Destiny...
PS.. Just a thought.. I updated to Mavericks AFTER I added the Patch... Do you think the Patch files were removed...

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:31 pm 

Destiny wrote:
Yes Benjimen, I did that soon after you posted the links...
I am sure it never used to do this.. I will have to check on older floor plan files..

Destiny...

Let's see a screenshot of your Floorplan plugin settings.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:31 am 

When I build the Tour, the first tab for first viewing will show Undefined... I can add a Floor Plan to the entire Tour, which is strange since I was under the impression that I can only add them to the Groups.. Even so, the first showing will show Undefined but after that its shows the label name.

I added an image representing a map in this demo test.. You should be able to work out whats happening here..

http://www.destinyvirtualtours.com/PTPV ... Issue.html

Destiny..

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:05 pm 

Can you make the process for Patch once more (xml + js) and if persist send me the kpt file or the whole project ? Thanks. Benjamin

Patch FloorPlan RC1

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:59 pm 

I did as you asked Benjimen.. Replaced both files as you can see here.. If I have done it correctly, I will send you the demo project.. I rebooted my Mac and its still says Undefined on first opening the floor plan map..

Destiny...

Attachments:
ChangeOfFloorPlanDataFiles.jpg
ChangeOfFloorPlanDataFiles.jpg [ 1.11 MiB | Viewed 537 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:34 am 

I started from scratch and the Undefined is still present, but not at first, the title shows but after a couple of goes it changes Undefined..

When I click on the floor plan icon, it should open a map to THAT Tour. The users are not to know what floor plan belongs to which Tour.. If I had 10+++ Pano Tours, the actual Pano open needs to be prioritised and highlighted accordingly.. When in X Tour the Y map associated with it should also open.. At the moment, on first opening, there is nothing, with a title as Undefined..

When I click to goto a new Pano Tour, then open the Map again, all I see is the Map associated with the previous Tour.. This should not be ..

I am zipping the file and sending it.. Its all new today..

Destiny..

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:46 am 

Destiny wrote:
I started from scratch and the Undefined is still present, but not at first, the title shows but after a couple of goes it changes Undefined..

When I click on the floor plan icon, it should open a map to THAT Tour. The users are not to know what floor plan belongs to which Tour.. If I had 10+++ Pano Tours, the actual Pano open needs to be prioritised and highlighted accordingly.. When in X Tour the Y map associated with it should also open.. At the moment, on first opening, there is nothing, with a title as Undefined..

When I click to goto a new Pano Tour, then open the Map again, all I see is the Map associated with the previous Tour.. This should not be ..

I am zipping the file and sending it.. Its all new today..

Destiny..

Show us the settings you have for the Floorplan plugin.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:55 am 

Here you go... I will send you the files too...

Destiny..

Attachments:
FloorPlanSettings.jpg
FloorPlanSettings.jpg [ 462.09 KiB | Viewed 526 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:03 am 

Destiny wrote:
Here you go... I will send you the files too...

Destiny..

Are all your panos in Groups?

Do you have a floorplan graphic assigned to each group and to the project?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:10 am 

Don't you see that in the graphic above.. One pano per Group.. One Floor plan/graphic per Group...

Destiny...

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:26 am 

I think the Map and Floor Plan code is getting a bit confused.. I did not think it was possible to be able to add a new Floor Plan the the actual Full Tour like this.. Even so, it still does not open in the first box, which I thought it would do... As an intro floor plan which in many ways is a good thing since you can see all of the Floor Plans and go to a floor.. But its not like that I don't think.. I still see 'Undefined' as the first Floor Plan.. The title is in UI so thats what should show.. Then perhaps all Floor Plans in a single graphic as the first.. Then click on a hotspot to goto that floor area... When I open A Tour, THAT Floor Plan graphic should be displayed, but its not..

Destiny...

Attachments:
TourFloorPlan.jpg
TourFloorPlan.jpg [ 337.52 KiB | Viewed 518 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:46 am 

Destiny wrote:
I think the Map and Floor Plan code is getting a bit confused.. I did not think it was possible to be able to add a new Floor Plan the the actual Full Tour like this.. Even so, it still does not open in the first box, which I thought it would do... As an intro floor plan which in many ways is a good thing since you can see all of the Floor Plans and go to a floor.. But its not like that I don't think.. I still see 'Undefined' as the first Floor Plan.. The title is in UI so thats what should show.. Then perhaps all Floor Plans in a single graphic as the first.. Then click on a hotspot to goto that floor area... When I open A Tour, THAT Floor Plan graphic should be displayed, but its not..

Destiny...

The project floorplan is intended to be used when you have a single level floorplan.

When you specify multi-level floorplans then the first floorplan displayed will be that associated with the first Group in the project sort order.

I created a simple test tour with beta 5.

Three groups - two with two panos/secens and one group with three panos/scenes.

I also have a panorama menu and when I select different panos/scenes then the floorplan will switch to that of the associated group.

Does it not do that for you?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 2:29 am 

Not really.. but it all now works, as long as I associate a Tour Wide Floor Plan, which is a great feature, but you have to have it or the first box you open will be 'Undefined' and 'Empty'. I am sure it was not like this in past versions, but now not sure.. Things change so I did not realise some changes.

Its all good, it now work really well.. You have to put a Pano into a Group or I cannot add a Floor Plan.. Its a great feature with a heap of work gone into it. But I would like to see improvements in the way the map is displayed.. If a Floor Plan is of different sizes, which is going to be the case in most situations, I would l like to see the Floor Plan Container auto resize like a ShadowBox does.. At the moment, they all default to left of the fixed container size and resize to that container according. Not a good look.. If I do not set it fixed to the container, the maps would need to be sized so they do not have to be panned so much within the container. A fixed size container is not good when a pano might be captured in a small space but other panos might be captured in a very big space, so with a fixed size container, one size fits all.. Also, I never liked the white gradient effect on the top menu on mouse over. Its horrible and there is no option to change this in the GUI.. If you set the container to be transparent, even worse..

So.. it does work.. =D

Just a mock up...

http://www.destinyvirtualtours.com/PTPV ... nTest.html

Destiny...

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 2:40 am 

Destiny wrote:
Not really.. but it all now works, as long as I associate a Tour Wide Floor Plan, which is a great feature, but you have to have it or the first box you open will be 'Undefined' and 'Empty'. I am sure it was not like this in past versions, but now not sure.. Things change so I did not realise some changes.

No...it was not like that in Beta 5...it's a bug introduced or re-introduced in RC1.

Quote:
Its all good, it now work really well.. You have to put a Pano into a Group or I cannot add a Floor Plan.. Its a great feature with a heap of work gone into it. But I would like to see improvements in the way the map is displayed.. If a Floor Plan is of different sizes, which is going to be the case in most situations, I would l like to see the Floor Plan Container auto resize like a ShadowBox does..

I think that's an acknowledged feature request.

At the moment, they all default to left of the fixed container size and resize to that container according. Not a good look.. If I do not set it fixed to the container, the maps would need to be sized so they do not have to be panned so much within the container. A fixed size container is not good when a pano might be captured in a small space but other panos might be captured in a very big space, so with a fixed size container, one size fits all.. Also, I never liked the white gradient effect on the top menu on mouse over. Its horrible and there is no option to change this in the GUI.. If you set the container to be transparent, even worse..[/quote]

If you make the container much larger than the content and make the background transparent ... it can be a workaround until Kolor enables resizing of content to the size of the container.

Quote:
So.. it does work.. =D

Except that you should not have to have a project floorplan...it was not required in Beta 5.

That's a bug introduced or re-introduced in RC1.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 3:04 am 

I wound't say its a bug, more of a change in the way it works.. but saying that, I was very confused at this method.. I think my graphic confuse the issue too.. I only have one pano Tour in each group, by rights I should only have one room floor plan I guess... But normally, I would have a few panos within a Group with one Floor Plan, lounge, bedroom and kitchen etc and navigate within that Floor plan to those panos..

I guess the Tour Wide Floor plan is an option to goto a floor level. But you HAVE to have it or it will be undefined with a blank container...

Lets hope it all works out with the RC2 and no Patch.... :/

Destiny...

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:14 am 

RC1 patch should solve the issue I've sended in your mail the problem and the resolution : http://www.kolor.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=92&t=20883

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:01 am 

I have now download, removed the old files rather than replace and then added them into the folder.. Checking your HowToAdd files, I am guessing that it doesn't matter that the file are NOT in the plugins folder but rather in the Resources then the Plugins folder.. They are the only files that match so I am assuming I have replace them correctly..

I will now run another test .. ;)

Destiny...

Attachments:
PatchFiles.jpg
PatchFiles.jpg [ 149.29 KiB | Viewed 461 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:20 am 

Redone everything Benjamin.. replace all the Patch files, but Removed the old ones first, so this time I did not overwrite them.. But it still does't work, its still says 'Undefined' for for single layer floor plan. If I set it to Multi Layers Floor Plan I get to use the drop down menu to open it. Unless I *** a floor plan on the main Tour stage area, Not in a Group, it will always be 'Undefined'....

I have sent you all of the files..

Destin...

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:30 am 

benji33 wrote:
RC1 patch should solve the issue I've sended in your mail the problem and the resolution : http://www.kolor.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=92&t=20883

It doesn't.

I find that if you have multi-level floorplans, and include a floor plan for each group but not for the project then you will see the problem.

This occurs in RC1 but not with Beta 5.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:38 am 

Agreed, the patch does not work.. I only have one Pano, so only one floor plan set to single floor plan and it shows 'Undefined' unless I add a floor plan to the Tour.. It makes no difference if I set it to Multi or Single..

Destiny...