Panotour pro 2 RC crashes on built  

This forum is fully dedicated to Panotour / Panotour Pro bug reports as well as feature discussion.
no avatar
ArneAlbers
Member
 
Topic author
Posts: 46
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:10 am
Info

Panotour pro 2 RC crashes on built

by ArneAlbers » Mon Dec 23, 2013 5:45 pm

Hello everybody,

after updating to the latest version of ptp (2.0 RC) the program crashes when i try to build my tour.

This is quite terrible, because i need this to work...

I was successful using all other versions of ptp.

no avatar
ArneAlbers
Member
 
Topic author
Posts: 46
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:10 am
Info

Re: Panotour pro 2 RC crashes on built

by ArneAlbers » Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:06 pm

I found out that this happens only when i use the floorplan-plugin...

no avatar
mediavets
Moderator
 
Posts: 16415
Likes: 2 posts
Liked in: 130 posts
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2007 2:12 pm
Location: Isleham, Cambridgeshire, UK.
Info

Re: Panotour pro 2 RC crashes on built

by mediavets » Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:35 pm

ArneAlbers wrote:I found out that this happens only when i use the floorplan-plugin...


I managed to open a project originally created with beta 5, added a single-level floorplan, and completed the build of the tour.

PTP 2.0 RC1 64-bits on Wiindows 8.1 Pro.

no avatar
Destiny
Moderator
 
Posts: 7886
Likes: 6 posts
Liked in: 228 posts
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:55 pm
Info

Re: Panotour pro 2 RC crashes on built

by Destiny » Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:54 pm

Did you add the Floor Plan Patch to RC1..

Destiny..

no avatar
mediavets
Moderator
 
Posts: 16415
Likes: 2 posts
Liked in: 130 posts
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2007 2:12 pm
Location: Isleham, Cambridgeshire, UK.
Info

Re: Panotour pro 2 RC crashes on built

by mediavets » Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:02 pm

Destiny wrote:Did you add the Floor Plan Patch to RC1..

Destiny..

Not yet...no.

no avatar
Destiny
Moderator
 
Posts: 7886
Likes: 6 posts
Liked in: 228 posts
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:55 pm
Info

Re: Panotour pro 2 RC crashes on built

by Destiny » Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:06 pm

You need to ... ;)

viewtopic.php?f=92&t=20883

Please advise if its ok after you have added this patch....

Destiny..

no avatar
Destiny
Moderator
 
Posts: 7886
Likes: 6 posts
Liked in: 228 posts
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:55 pm
Info

Re: Panotour pro 2 RC crashes on built

by Destiny » Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:49 pm

Hi.. I have just tested the RC1 Floor Plan Patch, for me its not working 100%.. Its not defined, meaning some xml code is not written right or missing..

Destiny....

no avatar
the707
Member
 
Posts: 37
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:28 am
Info

Re: Panotour pro 2 RC crashes on built

by the707 » Thu Dec 26, 2013 7:00 pm

Hello,

I have been testing PT2 RC1 on my Mac with good results and a handful of bugs I felt I could live with temporarily. After paying for the upgrade and registering PT2 I can no longer "Build" a tour via FTP. The blue progress bar appears with text and then disappears and turns white rather quickly each time. After waiting nearly an hour several times - hoping that it might actually be uploading and just the progress bar is "broken" the tour was not updated at all.

I do not have a floor plan on the tour, if that matters.

Obviously this is a fatal error in the sense that if I can't update or upload my tour the product is useless. I eagerly await an expedient fix or rapid refund.

Sincerely,

Patrick

no avatar
mediavets
Moderator
 
Posts: 16415
Likes: 2 posts
Liked in: 130 posts
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2007 2:12 pm
Location: Isleham, Cambridgeshire, UK.
Info

Re: Panotour pro 2 RC crashes on built

by mediavets » Thu Dec 26, 2013 7:55 pm

the707 wrote:Hello,

I have been testing PT2 RC1 on my Mac with good results and a handful of bugs I felt I could live with temporarily. After paying for the upgrade and registering PT2 I can no longer "Build" a tour via FTP. The blue progress bar appears with text and then disappears and turns white rather quickly each time. After waiting nearly an hour several times - hoping that it might actually be uploading and just the progress bar is "broken" the tour was not updated at all.

I do not have a floor plan on the tour, if that matters.

Obviously this is a fatal error in the sense that if I can't update or upload my tour the product is useless. I eagerly await an expedient fix or rapid refund.

Sincerely,

Patrick


You could use a third party FTP program to upload your tour as a workaround for now.

no avatar
Destiny
Moderator
 
Posts: 7886
Likes: 6 posts
Liked in: 228 posts
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:55 pm
Info

Re: Panotour pro 2 RC crashes on built

by Destiny » Thu Dec 26, 2013 7:56 pm

Hi..

Kolor might not be back until Monday, not sure.. First, suggest you try running PTP in 32bit. If that does not work I suggest you do is uninstall your PTP, reboot and reinstall.. It should not be as unstable as you suggest your copy is..

Are you running Windows or Mac..

Destiny...

no avatar
the707
Member
 
Posts: 37
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:28 am
Info

Re: Panotour pro 2 RC crashes on built

by the707 » Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:29 pm

mediavets wrote:
the707 wrote:Hello,

I have been testing PT2 RC1 on my Mac with good results and a handful of bugs I felt I could live with temporarily. After paying for the upgrade and registering PT2 I can no longer "Build" a tour via FTP. The blue progress bar appears with text and then disappears and turns white rather quickly each time. After waiting nearly an hour several times - hoping that it might actually be uploading and just the progress bar is "broken" the tour was not updated at all.

I do not have a floor plan on the tour, if that matters.

Obviously this is a fatal error in the sense that if I can't update or upload my tour the product is useless. I eagerly await an expedient fix or rapid refund.

Sincerely,

Patrick


You could use a third party FTP program to upload your tour as a workaround for now.


Indeed I could.

As a webmaster since 2000 I could also just use KR Pano as well. Instead, I paid money for this program to speed my production process and avoid using multiple software programs to build a tour. While I appreciate the helpful work-around I would expect a solution from the company for the failure of this fundamental feature.

I don't mean to be pointed with you, I am just frustrated with the quality of this "release candidate" product, and that we are paying to be beta testers (other companies provide beta testers with a free license for their troubles), and the lack of acknowledgement by the company which is likely due to the fact that they have chosen to collect bug reports via a public forum.

I do understand the and appreciate the process of software debugging as I myself work for a small but well known photography software company in Europe. With that said, I don't find any of my previous complaints to be acceptable for a "reputable" company.

Sincerely,

Patrick

no avatar
mediavets
Moderator
 
Posts: 16415
Likes: 2 posts
Liked in: 130 posts
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2007 2:12 pm
Location: Isleham, Cambridgeshire, UK.
Info

Re: Panotour pro 2 RC crashes on built

by mediavets » Mon Dec 30, 2013 1:15 am

the707 wrote:[and the lack of acknowledgement by the company which is likely due to the fact that they have chosen to collect bug reports via a public forum.
Patrick


In this instance it may be because they are on Christmas holidays?

You reported this problem on December 26.

no avatar
benji33
Kolor Team
 
Posts: 5848
Likes: 92 posts
Liked in: 199 posts
Joined: Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:59 am
Location: France
Info

Re: Panotour pro 2 RC crashes on built

by benji33 » Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:17 am

the707 wrote:The blue progress bar appears with text and then disappears and turns white rather quickly each time. After waiting nearly an hour several times - hoping that it might actually be uploading and just the progress bar is "broken" the tour was not updated at all.


I've reported the problem for internal tests.
Benjamin

no avatar
the707
Member
 
Posts: 37
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:28 am
Info

Re: Panotour pro 2 RC crashes on built

by the707 » Mon Dec 30, 2013 6:14 pm

mediavets wrote:
the707 wrote:[and the lack of acknowledgement by the company which is likely due to the fact that they have chosen to collect bug reports via a public forum.
Patrick


In this instance it may be because they are on Christmas holidays?

You reported this problem on December 26.


Yes, it seems you are quite right. As I see now that they have acknowledged and are actively working on many of the bugs in this forum.

So my mouth is open and I have firmly inserted my foot ;)


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest