Cube Face Export Destroys Quality  

This forum is fully dedicated to Panotour / Panotour Pro bug reports as well as feature discussion.
Destiny

Cube Face Export Destroys Quality

by Destiny » Sun Dec 22, 2013 4:36 pm

Mac - RC1

I have noticed that when exporting my pano image as cube faces that the quality begins to be destroyed. I exported my pano which is sharp and nice and then imported back into PTP after fixing the nadir and then exported back out as a fix up full pano. The final size is different and so is the quality.. Why should this be...

My original image size is 5944 × 2972 but by the time I have finished its 4668 × 2334... But it gets worse.. My original image is 300dpi and my final pano is 72dip.. Now I have a fixed up nadir full pano image of greatly reduced quality..

Destiny...

Destiny

Re: Cube Face Export Destroys Quality

by Destiny » Mon Dec 23, 2013 8:32 am

If I do the same thing using the KRPano Droplet, its fine.. In fact better since it exports as TIF... I fix up my nadir and add my cubes into a Droplet and its back to the correct size with no loss of quality... So, its a bug, not just a bug, I would like to see the export to have an option of jpg or tif....

Destiny...

no avatar
jschrader

Re: Cube Face Export Destroys Quality

by jschrader » Mon Dec 23, 2013 8:42 am

Just as a side note: dpi settings have nothing to do with image quality or resolution on screen.
Only thing that counts is total pixel.

Return to Panotour bugs & discussion