Image-stitching and virtual tour solutions My account Updates
It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:13 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: Memory consumption
PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:15 pm 

Hi, while working on Panotour 2 I noticed it is consuming a lot of memory, you can imagine it was consuming 4.3 G.B from RAM while building virtual tour ( 62 images ) ... I wonder is that expected behavior.

Post subject: Re: Memory consumption
PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:54 pm 
Administrator

ahosny wrote:
Hi, while working on Panotour 2 I noticed it is consuming a lot of memory, you can imagine it was consuming 4.3 G.B from RAM while building virtual tour ( 62 images ) ... I wonder is that expected behavior.

Yes it is the expected behaviour.
When you launch Panotour, it looks for the available memory at this time, and it takes a percentage of this memory, to ensure to be able to work on big tours or big panoramas.
You can parameter the percentage it takes in the Preferences window of Panotour.

Gérald

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 6:13 pm 

I am seeing memory issues with the RC1 release. Win 7 64bit 8gb ram. Each time I build a tour additional memory is allocated but never released. After several builds all the memory is in use and the system becomes unusable until PTP is stopped and restarted. I have configured the memory used preference to the minimum. I think it is caused by having several flat photos as panorama scenes with the output projection set to planer. I have not seen the issue in tours with all spherical scenes.
Another issue is that I have scene descriptions that appear correct in the built tour but what I see in the description window of the properties display is either missing or wrong (text from a different scene). This is an attempt at recreating a vintage tour from 10 years ago, that's why the photos are poor.
And one more thing - I need the compass setting for planer photos so that a radar cone can be displayed on the floor plan.
Thanks
The tour can be seen at http://www.360tour.us/test

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 9:32 pm 
Administrator

dvande wrote:
And one more thing - I need the compass setting for planer photos so that a radar cone can be displayed on the floor plan.

Thanks, for the report of the memory issue on flat panoramas, we will check it.
Flat panoramas do not have a valid fov, a cone/radar cannot be created on them. If the cone angle represents the fov, then on flat pano this cone is reduced to a single line.

Gérald

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 10:20 pm 

It would be nice to be able to spec a fake cone and set the direction of the view for the viewers sake.