Image-stitching and virtual tour solutions My account Updates
It is currently Sat Sep 20, 2014 5:02 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:26 pm 

Panotour pro B5
windows 7 / 64
iPad 3 / 32gb / ios 7.0.4

First, i am impressed how good the website box works. It is really much much better than the previous textbox. Video, links, css, everything works. Customer will like it.

But.. some small problems on a iPad with initial positioning. Example; when i make a webbox with advanced max website size of 700x800 pixel. It displays good size on windows pc.

Position bug?)
But on a iPad it is positioned on the top-middle of webbox, so the right part of text is outside webbox. With my finger i can scroll it to the left and then it fits. (by the way it scrolls very smooth, :) The html webpage displayed contains a DIV box of 600 wide. It should fit.

Size is much more pixels on iPad. About 0,8x screen width and 0.75x screen height. That is about 1536x1200 pixel (not exactly). It look good but is this intended to work this way? Anyhow the text is good readable.

link
http://goo.gl/T5TjdO

Harry

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:41 pm 

diax wrote:
Panotour pro B5
windows 7 / 64
iPad 3 / 32gb / ios 7.0.4

First, i am impressed how good the website box works. It is really much much better than the previous textbox. Video, links, css, everything works. Customer will like it.

But.. some small problems on a iPad with initial positioning. Example; when i make a webbox with advanced max website size of 700x800 pixel. It displays good size on windows pc.

Position bug?)
But on a iPad it is positioned on the top-middle of webbox, so the right part of text is outside webbox. With my finger i can scroll it to the left and then it fits. (by the way it scrolls very smooth, :) The html webpage displayed contains a DIV box of 600 wide. It should fit.

Size is much more pixels on iPad. About 0,8x screen width and 0.75x screen height. That is about 1536x1200 pixel (not exactly). It look good but is this intended to work this way? Anyhow the text is good readable.

link
http://goo.gl/T5TjdO

Harry

See this topic: viewtopic.php?f=91&t=20676

As I read it the web site box should not exceed the max. height and width values set in the plugin. It sounds as if you may have found a bug.

A 1:1 screenshot crop of the web site box on my Windows PC shows dimensions of 684 pixels wide by 553 pixels high.

Attachments:
1-ptp2b5-websitebox-size.jpg
1-ptp2b5-websitebox-size.jpg [ 209.11 KiB | Viewed 379 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 5:38 pm 

I can imagine Kolor decided to resize the webbox on a iPad to something more readable. The plugin seems to take 0.75x height and 0.8xwidth. It is different than the pixels i intended but more readable on a iPad. ( 684 pixels wide by 553 pixels high is on a iPad the size of a stamp, something like 4x5 cm)

The problem is the postioning of the html page inside the box on a iPad. It positions it on the middle. See picture, print screen of ipad screen+webbox. Customer can shift text to the left but it looks not so good.

Harry

Attachments:
webbox ipad screenprint.PNG
webbox ipad screenprint.PNG [ 1.68 MiB | Viewed 375 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 5:41 pm 

diax wrote:
I can imagine Kolor decided to resize the webbox on a iPad to something more readable. The plugin seems to take 0.75x height and 0.8xwidth. It is different than the pixels i intended but more readable on a iPad. ( 684 pixels wide by 553 pixels high is on a iPad the size of a stamp, something like 4x5 cm)

The problem is the postioning of the html page inside the box on a iPad. It positions it on the middle. See picture, print screen of ipad screen+webbox. Customer can shift text to the left but it looks not so good.

Harry

Is this in portrait orientation?

What does it look like in landscape orientation?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 5:53 pm 

good news; It auto resized the webbox :) :)
It makes it 0.65xscreenwidth (13cm)

Same position error. See screenprints. First with initial display position, second to demonstrate that webpage should fit.

Harry

Attachments:
webbox ipad landscape initial.PNG
webbox ipad landscape initial.PNG [ 2 MiB | Viewed 372 times ]
webbox ipad landscape as intended.PNG
webbox ipad landscape as intended.PNG [ 2.02 MiB | Viewed 372 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:17 pm 

The devices custom scroll area (max width/height) will be set into advanced options of the Website and PDF box plugins. This correction will avoid your bug on standard generation.
Next release will apply this patch.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 5:47 am 

im having the same problem. i have adjusted the max width/height in the advanced options i cant seem to find settings that work well for both ipad and phones. when the ipad has the correct width/height the phone version is not centered and too large. ( see attachments) and when the phone version is correctly sized the ipad version is much too small. is there any way to make these automatically resize depending upon the device used ?
thanks

Attachments:
File comment: mobile phone screenshot, off centered and too big, (screenshot from android phone), same thing happens on iphone
Screenshot_2014-03-22-00-29-05 (1).png
Screenshot_2014-03-22-00-29-05 (1).png [ 542.29 KiB | Viewed 256 times ]
File comment: ipad screenshot, correct sizing
photo1.jpg
photo1.jpg [ 119.38 KiB | Viewed 256 times ]

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 3:55 pm 

In fact your object2vr container is sized to 100% x 100% so it take all the defined size. But this defined size should be different on ipad and iphone.
Panotour doesn't offer multiple selector for sizes.

This problem is due to the iframe html file size which cannot be received by the box due to Apple security rules.

So at this time, Terry, the only way is to patch the hideUrlBar script JS to offer at least 4 defined size for iPad and iPhone/iPod (at least 2 sizes + 2 others due to portait/landscape mode). It's an hardcoded patch but the most simple to apply quickly. Note : in this case prefer an external script to host the hideUrlBar method to apply these hardcoded sizes on all the object2vr pages without update of all pages.

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 4:27 pm 

thanks Benjamin, if i understand correctly, i have to modify the code output by object 2vr ? can you recommend someone who could do freelance work to help me with this, and help build custom plugins for panotour as well ?
thanks
Terry