B5 Video Box  

This forum is fully dedicated to Panotour / Panotour Pro bug reports as well as feature discussion.
Destiny

B5 Video Box

by Destiny » Fri Nov 29, 2013 12:37 pm

Mac - Beta 5

The video box is still bugged when set to fullscreen.. The video will not play once fullscreen has been used..
This is now a very old bug...

Destiny...

no avatar
mediavets

Re: B5 Video Box

by mediavets » Fri Nov 29, 2013 1:41 pm

Destiny wrote:Mac - Beta 5

The video box is still bugged when set to fullscreen.. The video will not play once fullscreen has been used..

Destiny...

Is this with Safari on a Mac?

benji33
Kolor Team

by benji33 » Fri Nov 29, 2013 3:04 pm

If yes, Safari 6 or 7 Destiny ?

The 7 version solve a lot of Apple issues with fullscreen

Destiny

by Destiny » Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:55 pm

Safari 5... I do not think I can update... I am running OSX 10.6.8....

Destiny...

Destiny

by Destiny » Fri Nov 29, 2013 11:42 pm

I have just done some searches on updating Safari.. It seems its not possible with my OSX...
If I try to update Safari on this Mac OSX, it has potential to cause many issues..
The new OSX was not designed to run on my iMac ...
I guess I am stuck with what I have until I can afford to buy a new iMac..

So, I am assuming that the full screen issue I have is not a PTP V2 bug, but rather my version of Safari...
My concern is more with end viewers of my media who still have the old OSX version..

Destiny...

no avatar
mediavets

by mediavets » Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:43 am

Destiny wrote:I have just done some searches on updating Safari.. It seems its not possible with my OSX...
If I try to update Safari on this Mac OSX, it has potential to cause many issues..
The new OSX was not designed to run on my iMac ...
I guess I am stuck with what I have until I can afford to buy a new iMac..

So, I am assuming that the full screen issue I have is not a PTP V2 bug, but rather my version of Safari...

Easy to find out....try a different browser. Firefox seems to be the most capable and versatile these days.
My concern is more with end viewers of my media who still have the old OSX version..

Destiny...

Mac users are a tiny minority and I expect most would have chosen to adopt a different browser?

Safari seems to be a bit of a 'dog' in any version on any platform.

Destiny

by Destiny » Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:01 am

No way.. Safari is a wonderful browser, very secure.. Most of the time there are no issues at all.. I think you must be thinking about IE.. Now thats not just an old dog, its an old mangy mongrel... Firefox is a good browser and so is Chrome. Opera is just horrible...

I will continue to use Safari.. As for users of Mac, they are most certainly not a tiny minority..

Destiny..

no avatar
mediavets

by mediavets » Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:16 am

Destiny wrote: As for users of Mac, they are most certainly not a tiny minority.. Destiny..

I believe they present about 10% of PC users?

no avatar
jschrader

by jschrader » Sun Dec 01, 2013 4:30 am

I can assure your that using PTP on the latest Mac OS with the latest Safari is a disgusting experience. As much as I like Safari as a standard browser on my Macbook, it's useless when it comes to viewing the tours.

benji33
Kolor Team

by benji33 » Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:28 am

Destiny wrote:Mac - Beta 5
Destiny...

Can't reproduce on IE10 / Chrome / Firefox / Safari 6 and 7.
You're talking about the Youtube (for instance) fullscreen icon (open/close) and esc key ?

Destiny

by Destiny » Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:09 pm

Hi Benjamin

Its been buggy for ages for me.. I made you a show-and-tell demo for you..

The YouTube video will work fine using a Video Box, but as soon as I press the Video Box Full Screen the video will stop and the video will not play correctly after I exit Video Box Full Screen..

YouTube has its own Full Screen option, so if I double click on it or press the full screen button, that will override the entire pano and open in Full Screen, however, it will not play.. If I enter the 'Pano Full Screen', the Video Box option is no longer available.. I need to press esc to get out of it.. After exit the Pano Full Screen the Video Box will not play, same issue as with the Video Box own Full Screen.... I tired to use the Website Box but its the same issue..

http://www.destinyvirtualtours.com/PTPV ... eobox.html

Destiny...

benji33
Kolor Team

by benji33 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:21 pm

Thanks for the video ... difficult to reproduce without safari 5. Same tests on safari 6 and 7 works.
I'll check the fullscreen button action to analyse if something can be re-written.

Destiny

by Destiny » Thu Dec 12, 2013 11:53 pm

Well, there is nothing I can do my end since I cannot update Safari until I buy a new iMac....

This test with interactive hotspots opens an iFrame within a Website Box and looks great... The top left hotspot opens a YouTube video.. It plays fine until I press the Full Screen in the Website Box where the YouTube will then stop..

If I press the Website Box Full Screen, and then try to play the YouTube video, it sill not play..

http://www.destinyvirtualtours.com/PTPV ... Spots.html

Destiny..

Return to Panotour bugs & discussion