Image-stitching and virtual tour solutions My account Updates
It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:23 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 1:27 pm 

The control bar appears after the little planet transition completes, preventing you from hitting the fullscreen button before it starts playing.

Could the 'Home' button be provided with an option to restart the tour from the actual start, rather than simply returning the pano being viewed to its' start orientation, which IMHO, seems rather pointless.

Alternatively (or additionally), could the control bar load after the splash screen (where I use a clear png file to delay the little planet in v1.8, to provide time to click fullscreen button)?

Is this issue addressable from XML?

Fullscreen little planet is possible in v1.8.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 1:45 pm 

In fact all is called after the onTourStart event which is called after splashscreen and after littleplanet effect.

So you can update the your_tour_core.xml file to edit XML and change the events.dispatch(onTourStart); to call it before the littleplanet effect.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:36 pm 

Pleased to hear it can be altered from XML. Thanks Benjamin.

And it sounds so easy, until I look at the scripting!

onTourStart appears in 2 actions; tweennormalview and hideintroimage. I've tried it in a couple of positions at the start of hideintroimage, but the control bar appears immediately before the little planet transition, and is therefore immediately inactive during the transition.

So does this need to be moved in tweennormalview? If so where?

'<action name="tweennormalview"> tween(view.hlookat, get(panoview.h) , 10, easeInOutQuad); tween(view.vlookat, get(panoview.v) , 10, easeInOutQuad); tween(view.fov , get(panoview.fov), 10, easeInOutQuad); tween(view.fisheye, 0.0, 10, easeInOutQuad, WAIT); set(view.limitview , range); set(view.vlookatmin, get(panoview.vmin)); set(view.vlookatmax, get(panoview.vmax)); set(view.hlookatmin, get(panoview.hmin)); set(view.hlookatmax, get(panoview.hmax)); set(view.fovmax , get(panoview.fovmax)); events.dispatch(onPanoStart); events.dispatch(onEndLittlePlanetIntroduction); if (tour_firstlittleplanet, events.dispatch(onTourStart); set(tour_firstlittleplanet, false); ); </action>'

Obviously this xml file will be overwritten the next time I build the tour, so can this issue be addressed in the Panotour interface?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 5:07 pm 

Look after the onStartLittlePlanetIntroduction event to load actions linked to the start of little planet.

Code:
<events name="waitingStartLittlePlanetEvent" onStartLittlePlanetIntroduction="myaction" keep="true" />
<action name="myaction">
YOUR_CODE_HERE
</action>

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 7:23 pm 

Thanks Benjamin, that works.

Is there anyway to automate this from within Panotour?

Why has v2 changed anyway. Little planet animations in smaller window sizes can be a little underwhelming. What is the need to delay the display of the control bar?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:17 pm 

andy4nothin wrote:
The control bar appears after the little planet transition completes, preventing you from hitting the fullscreen button before it starts playing.

Could the 'Home' button be provided with an option to restart the tour from the actual start, rather than simply returning the pano being viewed to its' start orientation, which IMHO, seems rather pointless.

The Home button has 3 different behaviours. The default one is the 1.8 one . Pointless, I agree, but others in this forum disagree :-)

You change change its behaviour in the control bar properties.
Attachment:
25-11-2013 13-15-51.png
25-11-2013 13-15-51.png [ 23.57 KiB | Viewed 173 times ]

Gérald

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:36 pm 

Thanks Gérald, I hadn't noticed that.