hot spots missing - no floor plan - no menu in full screen  

This forum is fully dedicated to Panotour / Panotour Pro bug reports as well as feature discussion.
no avatar
mediavets

Re: hot spots missing - no floor plan - no menu in full scre

by mediavets » Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:37 am

osmica wrote:OK, but how exactly. There are no instructions yet. Last time I tryed that spots wasn't visible. It seams I've made something wrong. I suppose I need to double click on the right side in the Library and than a new spot will be created on the left side where I can change its style.

Correct - and you can name them so you can recall later what they do.

After that I double clicked the spot to put it in the tour and than when I am adding a new spot, I need to select one of the spot styles I have there in the top right corner. Is that the right procedure?

Correct. You can also modify some of the parameters in the Hotspot properties if you wish.

osmica

by osmica » Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:52 am

I have created a new tour with a few panos and spots are working there. But in the large tour I am working, spots and floor plans don't displays. Look this screenshot:
errors in tour building.JPG

I marked strange files and folders. The folder for spots has not been created but an empty file "spots" instead. Also the 3 floor plans I used are located in the folder "floorplan" and named by PTP with extensions 54, 35, 42 but the groups folder "apartment_1_54" "apartment_2_35" "apartment_3_42" are all empty with no content. I think this are problems of PTP and not mine. I really don't understand why PTP don't build the tour as it needs like in my second tour. Is there anything that I can do, like reset something?? Otherwise I would need to recreate the whole tour from scratch.

There is one strange thing about how Floor Plans are working...

For example, assign a floor plan to a group. Than click the floor plan properties inside a group and you will see the little floor plan (on the right in properties) but to view/edit the spots you need to click on the EDIT SPOTS. And here is the strange issue...You will get the floor plan with spots but on the right side will display the TOUR properties, instead the GROUP properties in which you are working. I understand it doesn't matter probably but it is confusing. Or maybe that is my problem why it doesn't work for me. I have installed the multifloor plugin. Can you tell me something about, please?

no avatar
mediavets

by mediavets » Tue Nov 26, 2013 1:57 pm

osmica wrote:I have created a new tour with a few panos and spots are working there. But in the large tour I am working, spots and floor plans don't displays. Look this screenshot:

I marked strange files and folders. The folder for spots has not been created but an empty file "spots" instead. Also the 3 floor plans I used are located in the folder "floorplan" and named by PTP with extensions 54, 35, 42 but the groups folder "apartment_1_54" "apartment_2_35" "apartment_3_42" are all empty with no content. I think this are problems of PTP and not mine. I really don't understand why PTP don't build the tour as it needs like in my second tour. Is there anything that I can do, like reset something?? Otherwise I would need to recreate the whole tour from scratch.

Have you tried Building (not recreating) the tour again with new name into a new folder?

no avatar
mediavets

by mediavets » Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:03 pm

osmica wrote:There is one strange thing about how Floor Plans are working...

For example, assign a floor plan to a group. Than click the floor plan properties inside a group and you will see the little floor plan (on the right in properties) but to view/edit the spots you need to click on the EDIT SPOTS. And here is the strange issue...You will get the floor plan with spots but on the right side will display the TOUR properties, instead the GROUP properties in which you are working. I understand it doesn't matter probably but it is confusing. Or maybe that is my problem why it doesn't work for me. I have installed the multifloor plugin. Can you tell me something about, please?

You can a Floorplan for the entire Project and/or fFoorplans for each Group.

So..

You add a Floorplan plugin from the Plugins Library to the Workspace and parameterise as you wish, in the Style section..

Then You use the project properties and Group properties to select the Floorplan(s) graphics you wish to use, in the Tour section.

To set hotspots on the Floorplan(s) you click on the icons in the group container border to display the Floorplan graphics in the hotspot editor.

You can control the display of the Floorplan(s) via an icon in a Control bar, or via a hotspot, or via a Simple button, or via a Toggle Button.

osmica

by osmica » Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:29 pm

mediavets wrote:
osmica wrote:I have created a new tour with a few panos and spots are working there. But in the large tour I am working, spots and floor plans don't displays. Look this screenshot:

Have you tried Building (not recreating) the tour again with new name into a new folder?

Yes I tried that again and still nothing. I've done everything exactly like in the other tour where spots are working but here they don't want to display and that's the end of my story. The only other thing to do would be to send the project to support so they can check why building is not working fine. Do I have that possibility? I mean, that could be helpfull to Kolor team also because it seams they did not encounter yet a problem like mine.

osmica

by osmica » Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:45 pm

mediavets wrote:
osmica wrote:There is one strange thing about how Floor Plans are working...

You can a Floorplan for the entire Project and/or fFoorplans for each Group.

So..

You add a Floorplan plugin from the Plugins Library to the Workspace and parameterise as you wish, in the Style section..

Then You use the project properties and Group properties to select the Floorplan(s) graphics you wish to use, in the Tour section.

To set hotspots on the Floorplan(s) you click on the icons in the group container border to display the Floorplan graphics in the hotspot editor.

You can control the display of the Floorplan(s) via an icon in a Control bar, or via a hotspot, or via a Simple button, or via a Toggle Button.

I know all that. Not working in this tour but maybe will work in a new tour. I will try later. But you did not understood what I meant. Look screenshots!
Step 2) is strange and confusing. I just meant that could be better on the right side to displays the group properties instead of the tour properties. That' all.
Attachments
editing spot.JPG
Step 3)
Here I can edit spots.
edit spots - tour properties.JPG
Step 2)
Afther I click on the EDIT SPOTS I have the function to add spots but on the right it displays the tour properties, not the gropu properties.
group.JPG
Step 1)
Here I have added the floor plan, assigned to a group.

benji33
Kolor Team

by benji33 » Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:50 am

For screen 2 it's a bug. Beta 5 available today resolves it.
Is your spots directory always broken (under which beta version) ?

osmica

by osmica » Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:28 am

benji33 wrote:For screen 2 it's a bug. Beta 5 available today resolves it.
Is your spots directory always broken (under which beta version) ?

Unfortunatly, yes (BETA4). But I started creating a new tour. I will wait the BETA 5 and than continue working on.
In other tours I created later with B4, the spots are working fine in built tours. Just sometimes when I am creating the tour and adding spots, the link to other pano is not creating grafic direction. Afther I select the destination pano, I need to click on another spot style that will create the direction and then again on the spot style I want. I am using only icons from library.
I must look very good to check if all directions are created completly, before building the tour.

bdd
Kolor Team

by bdd » Thu Nov 28, 2013 2:34 pm

If the generated spots "directory" is a file and not a directory, it may be because one of the files that should be created in this directory has a name we are not able to manage.
Could you send us your project file, the *.kpt file?

With it we will check all the file names, and try to find which one can leads to this bug.
It may be either an icon file, or a file used by the action on the spot.

Gérald

bdd
Kolor Team

by bdd » Fri Nov 29, 2013 3:23 pm

OK, I found why the "spots" "directory" is a file in your case!

The bug will be fixed in next version.

You can fix easily this bug in your project.

In the "Apartment 1", in the panoramas "hall" and "kitchen + dining" you got "picture hotspots" that do not display any picture!
If you fill the empty field "File" in the display parameters of each spot, the bug will disappear.

The fix on our side, will be a check on this "emptiness".

Gérald

Previous

Return to Panotour bugs & discussion