Photo Gallery  

This forum is fully dedicated to Panotour / Panotour Pro bug reports as well as feature discussion.
no avatar
AnnaMaria

Topic author
Liked in: 1 post
Info

Photo Gallery

by AnnaMaria » Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:05 pm

Excuse me but being somewhat of a newbie and without a manual I'm working in the dark hence asking you guys with more experience. Building a tour in which my clients has expressed a wish for the photo gallery to be run as a slide show. Is that a possible option?

Thanks.

no avatar
Destiny

Liked in: 228 posts
Info

Re: Photo Gallery

by Destiny » Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:06 pm

Hey..

A Gallery is quite easy to add.. Just add it from the Gallery Plugin Library and then add your images.. Edit the appearance in the UI..

When you have built your Tour you can press play so it acts like a slideshow, you need to go to Advanced settings in the plugin UI to tick this option and for the time between images/slides.. You can also add a title and description but this still does not seem to be available in the UI so you need to have access to your XML files.. This is a bit of a downer since if you did not buy the Beta version, you do not have access to the XML...

You can then link your Gallery to a hotspot or button.. Then add your hotspot or button into your pano in the Tour tab....

Here is a quick demo.. The Strange 3D Look.. :) http://members.westnet.com.au/dps/TopSe ... llery.html

Destiny....

no avatar
AnnaMaria

Topic author
Info

by AnnaMaria » Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:41 am

Hi,

Really appreciate your help and advice on this. I shall have a go later today.

Many thanks.

Maria

no avatar
Destiny

Info

by Destiny » Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:50 am

It seems that there are major issues with Beta 3 Gallery.... You can still create one but you might have issues...

You might want to read this...

viewtopic.php?f=65&t=20431#p130614

Destiny...

no avatar
AnnaMaria

Topic author
Info

by AnnaMaria » Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:56 pm

Thanks a lot again. Haven't downloaded the Beta 3 yet. Should I stick with Beta 2 until Beta 4 is available? Saw you commented on the 'Auto Tour / Scene Animation in Panotour pro 2.0 ?' post. Do you know any news on the integration of this yet? I'm wanting to start my tour looking up at the tree tops and then moving down to eye level for the autorotate. I'm assuming this means code writing which is not my expertise unfortunately.

no avatar
AnnaMaria

Topic author
Info

by AnnaMaria » Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:57 pm

Hi again Destiny,

Tried the link you posted but got below message:

'You are not authorised to read this forum.'

no avatar
mediavets

Liked in: 130 posts
Info

by mediavets » Sun Nov 10, 2013 5:33 pm

AnnaMaria wrote:Thanks a lot again. Haven't downloaded the Beta 3 yet. Should I stick with Beta 2 until Beta 4 is available?

Yes.

no avatar
Destiny

Info

by Destiny » Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:58 pm

Opps Sorry about that.. That's due to the fact that post was the old VIP Room for Alpha testing PTP V2... So unless you were registered you cannot read it...
Here are the comments... First from ccmas...

Win64 platform.
Bug in PTP
Browser via localhost in Firefox, Safari, IE, Chrome

Photo Gallery fails to create properly. On running via localhost only the first picture ever displays. If there are, say, 3 pictures, only the first one will display for each of the 3 occurrences.

How to repeat problem:
In Style load new Gallery Plugin.
Add pictures.
Note File (pathname) of the first picture added often disappears.
Add simple button with action to Open the gallery in the [Plugin] Gallery.
Build and View.

.. and my response..

Beta 3 - Mac...

Hi ... Yes, I can confirm all what you reported, but I found it doesn't matter how many images there are in the Gallery...

When I added the second image, as you said the location string of the first image is removed....

I added it again after I added another five images.. It built ok and the Gallery was fine.. However, when I closed the kpt file, then reopened it, all but the first image location was present.. So, no other images were in Gallery, I had to relocate them.. PTP, kpt files does not save the location of the Gallery images...

Also, even though there is no option to add a Title or Description in the UI, it was however possible to do this via the XML. But not any more.. A strange box top left appears, with no images...

Its seems the Gallery plugin is taking steps backwards....

Destiny.

So, Beta 3 would have less bugs and you can read the bug fixes and the cool zoom in and out addition here.... viewtopic.php?f=3&t=20390#p130469
... As for upgrading to 3, you can do this and make sure it goes into another folder without overriding Beta 2.... That way you have the best of both worlds...

Destiny...

AnnaMaria wrote:Hi again Destiny,

Tried the link you posted but got below message:

'You are not authorised to read this forum.'

no avatar
Destiny

Info

by Destiny » Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:11 pm

Sorry, I do not have any updates on this feature request... I sure hope it becomes part of PTP V2 build.. The feature request really needs a graphic aid for this... Add a Target Spot where a vector line is created to represent the path.. Bit like when you link a pano and a wavy line connects the two tours... That way you can just drag your Target Spot to the exact viewing point and keep adding until you connect the two ends... I would suggest by clicking on a Target Spot, not only you can no just set the centre of view, you can set the zoom using the 3D window and also give it a Time if a short stop over is required.. Its all there in PTP V2, its just a matter of putting it all together.. Well.. a bit more than that... :lol: but this is a really necessary feature if a Virtual Tour is to be fully automatous, where it just auto moves to key features, pause x-sec and then auto goto a new pano..

I am sure it will happen.. We just have to Nag... ;)

Destiny..

AnnaMaria wrote:Thanks a lot again. Haven't downloaded the Beta 3 yet. Should I stick with Beta 2 until Beta 4 is available? Saw you commented on the 'Auto Tour / Scene Animation in Panotour pro 2.0 ?' post. Do you know any news on the integration of this yet? I'm wanting to start my tour looking up at the tree tops and then moving down to eye level for the autorotate. I'm assuming this means code writing which is not my expertise unfortunately.

no avatar
Destiny

Info

by Destiny » Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:40 am

Hi... NOT GOOD NEWS...

I have tried to find a fix/workflow for the strange behaviour of the Gallery in Beta 3... PTP has crashed on me a few times in my attempts...

I would advise that if you download Beta 3, to install it into a brand new folder.. Its important the you install and use Beta 3 to find other issues and bugs.., but just be aware that the Galley has major issues..

Destiny...

no avatar
Destiny

Info

by Destiny » Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:33 am

.... but here is one I designed earlier.. =D

Forever hopeful...

Destiny....

AnnaMaria wrote:........... Saw you commented on the 'Auto Tour / Scene Animation in Panotour pro 2.0 ?' post. Do you know any news on the integration of this yet? I'm wanting to start my tour looking up at the tree tops and then moving down to eye level for the autorotate. I'm assuming this means code writing which is not my expertise unfortunately.
Attachments
vector.jpg

no avatar
benji33
Kolor Team

Liked in: 199 posts
Info

by benji33 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:15 pm

AnnaMaria wrote:Excuse me but being somewhat of a newbie and without a manual I'm working in the dark hence asking you guys with more experience. Building a tour in which my clients has expressed a wish for the photo gallery to be run as a slide show. Is that a possible option?

Thanks.

Into plugin > advanced : Autoplay slideshow with interval value option exists.
ps: Gallery seems bugged into beta 3.
Benjamin

no avatar
AnnaMaria

Topic author
Info

by AnnaMaria » Sat Nov 16, 2013 12:19 pm

Thank you so much Destiny for all the very useful info and advice!

You too Benjamin, thank you for your reply.

Maria