Image-stitching and virtual tour solutions My account Updates
It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:57 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: Bug in hotspot links
PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:31 am 

I built a tour with 46 panos and about 100 hotspots linking those panos. The connections between the panos and the hotspots were very clear to me as I am familiar with the layout of the place.

However, the customer complained that some of the links were wrong. Checking it, I was surprised to find some of the hotspots in one room leading to an entirely different, non-adjacent room. I assuredly did not create the tour that way. Somehow, those hotspot links I created got modified.

I realize this is not a very sophisticated bug report. I have twice again saved and opened the project, after correcting those links, and they have remained correct as I set them. If the problem recurs, I will report back here.

Post subject: Re: Bug in hotspot links
PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:14 pm 

Yes, screenshots will be a great help, thanks

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 2:35 am 

It happened again. I had checked everything, uploaded it, and delivered it to the customer. Only then did I find out the the hotspot in pano Cattlebaron1 (1st on 2nd row in screenshot) has changed to point to Arapahoe1 (1st on first row in screenshot). When last checked, it was pointed to Cattlebaron2 (2nd on 2nd row in screenshot).

There is not the slightest question that this was caused by a bug and not my doing because the arrow was neatly pointing from Cattlebaron1 to the pano just to its right. Now it is curving around to the tier above....not at all the way I left it.

Paul

Attachments:
Screenshot.jpg
Screenshot.jpg [ 211.82 KiB | Viewed 510 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 2:35 am 

It happened again. I had checked everything, uploaded it, and delivered it to the customer. Only then did I find out the the hotspot in pano Cattlebaron1 (1st on 2nd row in screenshot) has changed to point to Arapahoe1 (1st on first row in screenshot). When last checked, it was pointed to Cattlebaron2 (2nd on 2nd row in screenshot).

There is not the slightest question that this was caused by a bug and not my doing because the arrow was neatly pointing from Cattlebaron1 to the pano just to its right. Now it is curving around to the tier above....not at all the way I left it.

Paul

Attachment:
Screenshot.jpg
Screenshot.jpg [ 211.82 KiB | Viewed 510 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:20 pm 

You are right. I have had that issue for some time. 1.8 had no problems. But v2 is not stable in retaining the hotspots and will lose them. Sometimes I have to set them and reset them and keep saving. It can be very frustrating. I reported it but not sure it it was noted or not. Even with B3 i am finding that it will lose the setting and default back to the start pano.... Also It will lose the tool tip completely. Finally someone who is saying what I have been dealing with....

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:23 pm 

I hope someone takes this seriously. Being a volume producer I bought this system for it's flexibility and the ideas I can implement for customers. Right now I am having problems setting audio music and want a copy of beta 1 since that worked.....

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:32 pm 

I am pleased with your confirmation as I also feared the team might just ignore it because I am an unknown reporter.

I will add that this most recent time it happened, I also noted that those hotspots whose links had been spontaneously changed also lost the Source Transition attribute which I had previously set for "Zoom in on the spot" for all of my hotspots. For those 2 hotspots, that setting had returned back to the default of having that unchecked.

Paul

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:40 pm 

Developer team, If you want to see what we are referring to I am willing to share my screen and create a new tour so you can see what we are specifically dealing with. This is honestly a serious issue and forces my team to spend more time fixing unstable settings....

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:44 pm 

Aaron,

If you can repeat this and reliably demonstrate when it happens, I'm quite sure the team would appreciate that and would pay attention. They certainly don't want to put a "finished" product out with such a bug. For me, it's been sporadic and not entirely repeatable.

Paul

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:09 am 

This bug just occurred again for me.

I had all links as I wished them and had double-checked my work.
I closed the program and upgraded to Beta 3.
I opened Beta 3 and my project to find two panos with links now incorrectly pointing to the 1st pano instead of to each other.
Specifically, the hotspot in RockyMtnJim1 led to RockyMtnJim2 and the hotspot in RockyMtnJim2 led to RockyMtnJim1.
After closing and reopening, the hotspots in both RockyMtnJim1 and RockyMtnJim2 point to Arapohoe1

See screenshot and compare to earlier screenshot in this thread. I had rearranged the positioning of the thumbnails, for clarity, but I had not changed the links.

Attachment:
Screenshot.jpg
Screenshot.jpg [ 287.72 KiB | Viewed 486 times ]

Attachments:
Screenshot.jpg
Screenshot.jpg [ 287.72 KiB | Viewed 486 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 2:37 am 

Kolor team
I am east coast time zone. At your disposal if needed monday. I am sure other user would also be willing to help

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 3:15 am 

After my last post, I corrected the bad links I described in that post, saved, and closed the project. I just reopened it and found this!

This time, all hotspots in the panos taharaa1, taharaa2, taharaa3, and taharaa4 now link to Arapahoe1. That's a total of 8 hotspots which have gotten incorrectly linked up by this bug. You can see from my previous screenshot that none of those hotspots linked to that pano before.

Attachment:
Screenshot.jpg
Screenshot.jpg [ 330.48 KiB | Viewed 480 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 3:20 am 

I closed the file without correcting the bad links, without saving it, and then reopened it.

This time, the links are correct. See screenshot.

Attachment:
Screenshot.jpg
Screenshot.jpg [ 201.75 KiB | Viewed 479 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 3:22 am 

Possible clue.

During the act of loading the project, I selected the Taharaa panos in the Tour window to move them. It was during this move that the bad link lines appeared, even before all panos had completed loading.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 2:54 pm 

Just now, I deliberately tried to make it happen by selecting and moving two panos while the rest were still loading. That worked. Their hotspots now link to the 1st pano, rather than to each other, as I had set them. Note in the screenshot that the paths of the erroneous links are displaying even before all panos have loaded, and before any of the legitimate links are displaying.

Attachment:
screenshot.jpg
screenshot.jpg [ 282.08 KiB | Viewed 465 times ]

I closed the project without saving and reopened it without moving any panos during loading. The original, correct links then appeared without any bad links.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:56 am 

Thanks a lot for all your tests, I add this issue in the bugs report.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:30 pm 

Benji33, Do you still need me to demo the issue or are you good with this report?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:12 pm 

If the issue has been classified as a bug to be fixed, I am happy with that and don't need further help at present.

Thanks,
Paul

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:08 pm 

Aaron, Paul, and/or anyone else,

Did you reproduced this issue with the Beta 4 version ?

We did not reproduce this issue on our side, even with big tours. But as we made some "parallel" bug fixes, linked to the "load action" and to the "links", may be this issue has been fix by one of them.

Gérald

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 2:31 pm 

I just upgraded to Beta 4. No, the problem is not resolved.

If I select a pano or panos during the loading process, a bad link is instantly created between one or more of those selected panos and the first pano in the group, changing the legitimate, intended link. See attachment.

Attachment:
taharaa.jpg
taharaa.jpg [ 285.82 KiB | Viewed 392 times ]

In this case, I did several selects during loading, creating a number of bad links which are easily visible. Please compare to the appearance of the layout when I allow the loading to complete undisturbed.

Attachment:
taharaa2.jpg
taharaa2.jpg [ 182.5 KiB | Viewed 392 times ]

Once loading is complete, I can select any panos without this happening.

Paul

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 2:55 pm 

stillstonevisions wrote:
Once loading is complete, I can select any panos without this happening.

Paul

So at least you know how to avoid the problem. ;)