solution to oversized plugins in windows 8 mobile handsets  

This forum is fully dedicated to Panotour / Panotour Pro bug reports as well as feature discussion.
no avatar
bob1010

solution to oversized plugins in windows 8 mobile handsets

by bob1010 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:34 pm

Reposted as a new topic

Hi Benjamin, just wanted to let you know that the issue with the oversized plugins (combo box & simply thumbnails) on Windows 8 phones can be resolved if you use fancybox2 with the iframe option (tested on Nokia lumia 520). A client has used this on a recent tour & it resized the plugins to scale & allowed tours created in ptp2 beta 2 to load correctly on these devices.

I know you said you'd be reviewing the plug-in on these devices later, but I thought you may appreciate this feedback. Would it be possible to have an option to output a tour in something similar to Fancy box 2, I know that's licensed software, but the latest version does automatically resize the window if you switch orientation from portrait to Landscape which is quite nice & it has a close option. Could it be used as an additional plug in somehow - that would be a real help if coding isn't your strength.

Regards,

Rob

no avatar
bob1010

Re: solution to oversized plugins in windows 8 mobile handse

by bob1010 » Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:42 pm

Tried a ptp beta 2 tour on a Nokia Lumia 520 Windows 8 IE 10 in desktop mode in the browser settings & the tour plug-ins load correctly, (tour was embedded in a webpage) the oversize plug-in issue is only a problem when the browser is in the mobile setting option it seems. Hope it's not a big one to resolve when you do your final plug-in compatibility checks.

Regards,

Rob

Return to Panotour bugs & discussion