PNGs and Alpha  

This forum is fully dedicated to Panotour / Panotour Pro bug reports as well as feature discussion.
no avatar
jschrader

PNGs and Alpha

by jschrader » Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:44 pm

Like in Krpano it should be possible to add an alpha value to a PNG that is for example used as a picture, logo, or whatever in the Image zone.

no avatar
klausesser

Re: PNGs and Alpha

by klausesser » Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:54 pm

jschrader wrote:Like in Krpano it should be possible to add an alpha value to a PNG that is for example used as a picture, logo, or whatever in the Image zone.

Hey Jürgen!

i have the initial sphlashscreen as a .png with Alpha here:

http://www.360impressions.de/Wandelhalle ("Start")
http://www.360impressions.de/KBogen413 (Logo)

So i guess it must work using png/Alphas.

best to you, Klaus

no avatar
mediavets

by mediavets » Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:23 pm

jschrader wrote:Like in Krpano it should be possible to add an alpha value to a PNG that is for example used as a picture, logo, or whatever in the Image zone.

Do you find that PTP does not honour transparency in a PNG file?
Last edited by mediavets on Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

no avatar
jschrader

by jschrader » Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:23 pm

What I'm talking about is to set the transparency level of a PNG from within PTP!
In krpano it's a single alpha parameter and it doesn't occur to me why that isn't used in PTP as well, as it allows the designer to easily tweak the appearance of a tour.

PNGs with predefined alpha so far worked for me, but of course I haven't tested all possible options and combinations.
I leave this to all the other people who, like me, happily paid for an unfinished software *evilgrin*.

no avatar
mediavets

by mediavets » Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:30 pm

jschrader wrote:What I'm talking about is to set the transparency level of a PNG from within PTP!
In krpano it's a single alpha parameter and it doesn't occur to me why that isn't used in PTP as well, as it allows the designer to easily tweak the appearance of a tour.

That has never been offered in PT/PTP. You could/should propose it as a feature request.

Return to Panotour bugs & discussion